Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 15:42   #421
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

I can imagine the level of frustration for all of you that are eagerly and patiently waiting for deliveries. Hope Kawi India gets their act together soon.

Regarding the hard luggage options, I dont know if this was mentioned here before but I chanced upon these and they look like a less expensive, robust & very functional luggage system for the hardcore stuff. Maybe the company can make the custom mounts for the Versys 650.

http://www.dirtsack.in/pages/dirtsac...e/hard-luggage
Old 16th February 2016, 18:24   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Regarding the hard luggage options, I dont know if this was mentioned here before but I chanced upon these and they look like a less expensive, robust & very functional luggage system for the hardcore stuff. Maybe the company can make the custom mounts for the Versys 650.

http://www.dirtsack.in/pages/dirtsac...e/hard-luggage
My friend has this on his KTM D390 and is using for his day to day affairs. He had some minor issues with regard to mounting when he installed it first time. It is quite functional but makes a racket as the top cover does not have a good seal to seat itself on. There is a metal to metal contact and this creates a din whenever he passes on undulations. He also saw an occurrence where the lock just flew off the luggage system into nowhere, but the guys at Dirtsack were kind enough and sent a replacement free of cost.

I have ridden this bike once and mind you, it is just not suitable for the city use. A couple of guys banged on at low speeds misjudging the width of the bike at the rear, but the luggage system never complained and came out with flying colours at the end of these incidents.
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 20:20   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

What I like in terms of luggage options are the semi rigid bags from shad. Absolutely brilliant, hard when you need it, we'll water proofed, and come with their own racks.

I think the rynox nomad series is also kind of semi rigid, but nowhere a looker wrt the shads.

Do we get shad in India? Don't reckon I will spend that much though. Wish one of the Indian guys make a replica of this thing.
Old 16th February 2016, 23:23   #424
BHPian

Got my Hepco Becker engine guard and SW motech fork sliders (front) delivered today. Waiting for the evotech radiator guard which may arrive in couple of days so that can get everything installed at once over the weekend. Also getting the 3M tank protector done tomorrow and this completes my basic must accessories for now and it is costing me around 32K.

Next on my list are V system or paddock stand, knuckle guard, sump guard (not sure if we need one) and fog lamps. I will prioritise from this list and may take my own sweet time on this.

Am I missing on anything else from the basic must list? Let me know.
Old 17th February 2016, 00:59   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Got my Hepco Becker engine guard and SW motech fork sliders (front) delivered today. Waiting for the evotech radiator guard which may arrive in couple of days so that can get everything installed at once over the weekend. Also getting the 3M tank protector done tomorrow and this completes my basic must accessories for now and it is costing me around 32K.

Next on my list are V system or paddock stand, knuckle guard, sump guard (not sure if we need one) and fog lamps. I will prioritise from this list and may take my own sweet time on this.

Am I missing on anything else from the basic must list? Let me know.
Why don't you consider getting a main stand in place of Paddock Stand? That way it moves with the bike? Both SW Motech & Hepco Becker have main stand for Versys 650.

Getting a automated oiler is my priority too. Just remember installing the Scottoiler doesn't free you from cleaning the chain regularly, it only takes care of lubrication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
What I like in terms of luggage options are the semi rigid bags from shad. Absolutely brilliant, hard when you need it, we'll water proofed, and come with their own racks.

I think the rynox nomad series is also kind of semi rigid, but nowhere a looker wrt the shads.

Do we get shad in India? Don't reckon I will spend that much though. Wish one of the Indian guys make a replica of this thing.
Just going through SHAD website, nice looking stuff with good quality looks. Motoziel is their India distributor but on MOtoziel site there is nothing. Have put a query to Motoziel, shall update if they get back. SHAD is way cheaper than brands like SW Motech & Hepco Becker. SH 36 case (Pair) with mounting kit about 50k INR.
Old 17th February 2016, 11:51   #426
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got new deliveries? or at-least sure shot delivery date? Any news on whether kawa/bajaj solved the logistic issues? i think there are enough bookingspending for cities like Bangalore, why cant they just organize large container based trucks to ferry the bikes. After all, big bikes, and cars are being transported everyday. Something is surely fishy, as i dont think transporting bikes within India could take so long to sort-out. frustration continues with mails and messages written to dealer, bajaj and kawasaki India without fetching a single reply.
Old 17th February 2016, 13:11   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If you want to become a psychotic rickshawala then you buy the Versys 650
Really loved the video. Psychotic rickshawala to Cindy. Cool

Coming to the point, now have to save some dough to own it.

Last edited by Vasuki : 17th February 2016 at 13:12.
Old 17th February 2016, 16:25   #428
Senior - BHPian

OK, some update:

Called up the dealer out of frustration, gave him piece of mind and asked for cancellation and full refund. Was told to wait for 5 mins. Got a call shortly saying they have received 6 bikes and will surely deliver the bike on this Friday. I double checked that its not the display bike they are off-loading, as i cant really trust these guys anymore, seems safe as they are delivering more then 1 bike on the same day. Whats disturbing is how suddenly they received these bikes and from where. On probing, was told that they made some other logistic arrangements and got these bikes. I have come to a point where i cant believe and trust anything they say. Hoping they deliver this Friday, as promised. After that, i dont think i will ever go back to them for any new purchase.

And for everyone's information: Khivraj is charging INR 7.79+ OTR where as according to this thread, Kalyani is charged INR 7.75+
Old 17th February 2016, 17:22   #429
Senior - BHPian

Got the pricing from KTM Meerut. Ex Showroom - 671058; On Road 732499. No bikes on display. Only will get it here on confirmed order.

Proceeding for IBW Goa tomorrow. Hoping to see it there in the flesh IF Bajaj obliges...

Last edited by dkaile : 17th February 2016 at 17:23.
Old 17th February 2016, 18:32   #430
BHPian

Finally the day has come!!

Took the delivery of the first bike in Tamilnadu today.

As they say, all worked out to be good. They delay caused all the things to work even better. All the accessories reached before and the last one today just in time for fixing them before I take up a long weekend drive. I will make a separate post on the accessories part. Took directly to our temple and finished the pooja and baby is home. I am waiting for my service guy to fix the accessories.

About the bike. Just one word. Awesome. The size does bother at all and in fact, you dont even feel its size once you are on it. It is very easy to ride, gives you very commanding position and you look down on other vehicles. Very smooth and easy to navigate within the traffic. Can easily be a commuter bike.

The showroom is very close and hence the ride was short and in the evening peak traffic. Hence cannot really comment further.

Overall impression. Very good bike and worth the wait. nasirkaka, please wait and do not cancel the booking.

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2933.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2936.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2937.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2938.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2943.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2949.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2954.jpg

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-img_2957.jpg
vprabu is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 18:42   #431
Senior - BHPian

Alls well that ends well. congratulations!!
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 20:14   #432
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats vprabu! Finally finally! Nasirkaka don't worry "Aapka number aayega"

Vprabu : waiting for a dedicated thread on your Versys. Until then, please continue to keep us posted on this one .
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 11:37   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Prabhu : Many Congratulations. I hope the wait was worth it

Many folks here are expecting a deluge of Versys 650 ownership threads. Banking on the new owners NOT to disappoint such expectations

So when is your detailed ownership thread coming up?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 11:55   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
Finally the day has come!!
Congratulations Prabu! She looks stunning! Wishing you many happy miles!

Quote:
you look down on other vehicles.
Please don't! Agreed the Versys is awesome, but we have good bikes too.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 12:18   #435
BHPian

Congrats vprabhu !!
The bike looks superb. Wish you many many happy miles on this beauty.
Waiting for your detailed review

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks