Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2016, 18:04   #121
BHPian

re: A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12

Had the awesome opportunity to ride your machine last night and here are my initial impressions.

Unbelievably linear power delivery. Comfortable for me (surprisingly) given my height. Brakes are out of this world. One of the most mature bikes I've ridden. It's a looker for sure! Find myself believing that the "overpriced" tag is well justified right now.

The Akrapovic sounds insane. Has a bass and treble of it's own. Pleasant to the ears and probably to the world outside as well. Amazed me at every twist of the throttle. The bike accelerated well and the gear shift was surprisingly smooth.

This was my first Honda sportsbike ride and I am now keen, more than ever, to experience it's entire inventory. I'm not a faired motorcycle fan but your bike, in simple words, has floored me.

Cheers.

Last edited by barcalad : 28th May 2016 at 18:14.
barcalad is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:13   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Had the awesome opportunity to ride your machine last night and here are my initial impressions.

Unbelievably linear power delivery. Comfortable for me (surprisingly) given my height. Brakes are out of this world. One of the most mature bikes I've ridden. It's a looker for sure! Find myself believing that the "overpriced" tag is well justified right now.

The Akrapovic sounds insane. Has a bass and treble of it's own. Pleasant to the ears and probably to the world outside as well. Amazed me at every twist of the throttle. The bike accelerated well and the gear shift was surprisingly smooth.

This was my first Honda sportsbike ride and I am now keen, more than ever, to experience it's entire inventory. I'm not a faired motorcycle fan but your bike, in simple words, has floored me.

Cheers.

Thank you very much brother. Yes, 10 months with her and I think this is a good bike for who is looking for some sportiness and practicality together.

There is a CB1000 available for a test ride at the Wings Dealer, in case you are interested.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 01:04   #123
BHPian

Hey Rachit. Nice to know you're enjoying the 650F

I've done close to 8500km now - a good chunk of that in rush hour Blore traffic (KR Puram). The highway rides have been very good fun.

20 odd 650F owners in Blore so far. A couple of them have put Akras on and they sure do sound sweet. Have a few trips planned later so the exhaust upgrade will have to wait. Meanwhile, I got a MRA Touring windscreen on.

Cheers and happy riding
Attached Thumbnails
A dream come true - My Honda CBR650F. EDIT: Track Day at BIC on page 12-20160606_150940.jpg  

loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 02:47   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Hey Rachit. Nice to know you're enjoying the 650F

I've done close to 8500km now - a good chunk of that in rush hour Blore traffic (KR Puram). The highway rides have been very good fun.

20 odd 650F owners in Blore so far. A couple of them have put Akras on and they sure do sound sweet. Have a few trips planned later so the exhaust upgrade will have to wait. Meanwhile, I got a MRA Touring windscreen on.

Cheers and happy riding
Wow!! 8500 KMs is very good my dear friend. I am around 5900.

This screen looks so good. I have been really wanting to do this upgrade for my bike too. Although I was looking for the MRA Racing one, because it is available in Dark Shades as well.

Any feedback on the screen? Does it make a perceivable difference?
Also, from where did you source it and how much?

Thank you for the update friend. Wish you many more happy miles with the lady!!

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 7th June 2016, 15:10   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
This screen looks so good. I have been really wanting to do this upgrade for my bike too. Although I was looking for the MRA Racing one, because it is available in Dark Shades as well.

Any feedback on the screen? Does it make a perceivable difference?
Also, from where did you source it and how much?
Will get a chance to test the screen this coming weekend. Both the touring and racing screens come in multiple colors (Dark, Clear etc) I purchased mine at www.motea.com and shipped it to my friend's place in Germany. Cost around INR 6k
Old 20th June 2016, 16:24   #126
Senior - BHPian

Rachit

Thanks for coming by my place on Saturday. Was an awesome experience to hear those Akras roaring. I would have loved to have a go riding it myself, however didn't do so in absence of any biking accessories with me currently. Someday, you know!

Cheers and keep revving that lovely beast of an engine!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:12   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Will get a chance to test the screen this coming weekend. Both the touring and racing screens come in multiple colors (Dark, Clear etc) I purchased mine at www.motea.com and shipped it to my friend's place in Germany. Cost around INR 6k
Hey friend,

Any updates on the screen. Do you feel perceivable difference in wind blast etc?

Thanks
Rachit
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:57   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Hey friend,

Any updates on the screen. Do you feel perceivable difference in wind blast etc?

Thanks
Rachit
Hey Rachit - How is the riding going? I've done about 10.5K kms so far.

The screen is a definite improvement on the stock one. Earlier, the windblast was directed at my shoulder level. But now its near the top of my helmet, although i wish it was even higher... Adds another 20 to 25kph to the 'comfortable' cruising speed with manageable windblast. Beyond that you need to crouch. Or take the car
Old 2nd September 2016, 21:46   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Rachit - How is the riding going? I've done about 10.5K kms so far.

The screen is a definite improvement on the stock one. Earlier, the windblast was directed at my shoulder level. But now its near the top of my helmet, although i wish it was even higher... Adds another 20 to 25kph to the 'comfortable' cruising speed with manageable windblast. Beyond that you need to crouch. Or take the car
That is great news. I will be looking at this upgrade as level. Should I get the Touring one or the Racing one? Which one would direct the air higher? I am 5 feet 6 inches.

You are on a roll buddy. 10.5K Kms in less than a year is wonderful. I have done 7500 Kms and completed 1 year on 19th August. Planning to ride an update soon.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:47   #130
BHPian

Not too sure about that man. There isn't a clear review online detailing the difference between the Racing and Touring screens. The Touring screen is slightly longer, but the Racing screen is set at a different angle which seems higher.

There are several folks in the Bangalore CBR650F group who have crossed 15000 KMs so far with one guy almost at 22k KMs.
Old 2nd September 2016, 22:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Not too sure about that man. There isn't a clear review online detailing the difference between the Racing and Touring screens. The Touring screen is slightly longer, but the Racing screen is set at a different angle which seems higher.

There are several folks in the Bangalore CBR650F group who have crossed 15000 KMs so far with one guy almost at 22k KMs.
Ok. Thanks bro.
22K Kms? Wow!! How is his feedback after this many KMs on wear and tear of parts and general reliability.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:44   #132
Senior - BHPian

The general consensus on the 650F Forums is the MRA touring wind screen.

Almost everyone over there is sold on the Touring windscreen. Here's a comparison wrt stock screen for you:

Here's the thread:
http://motorforums.co.uk/650fforum/t...nd-videos.935/

And read post #111 here for the racing vs touring comparo:
http://motorforums.co.uk/650fforum/t...ge-6#post-3472
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:45   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. Thanks bro.
22K Kms? Wow!! How is his feedback after this many KMs on wear and tear of parts and general reliability.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
The usual - No surprises. He just put a new set of Tyres (Michelin PR4s) and changed the brake pads during 4th service I think. Isn't that why we bought a Honda in the first place? For the reliability.
Old 2nd September 2016, 23:51   #134
BHPian

Quote:
The usual - No surprises. He just put a new set of Tyres (Michelin PR4s) and changed the brake pads during 4th service I think. Isn't that why we bought a Honda in the first place? For the reliability.
Yup, I agree. At what Odo he changed the tyres?
Also, how is his review of the Michelin PR4s?

Thanks

Rachit
Old 3rd September 2016, 00:09   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I agree. At what Odo he changed the tyres?
Also, how is his review of the Michelin PR4s?

Rachit
At around 15000 Kms I think. Which is when I might change as well. The Michelin PR4s are way better than stock Dunlops. He says that the wet grip has improved substantially. Pirelli Angel GTs are also decent I hear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks