Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 20:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Patwantador, You will have to wait for the honda price cut

They will realise their folly and then we will make jolly.
I am not expecting any price cuts from here on until may be if Honda decides to localize production which we all know does not happen overnight.

Will they sell bikes? Of course they will, the junta has been anxiously awaiting a fully faired 600 for long and this one as a package fits the bill for our country like nothing on offer right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Sir, the difference between the Ninja 650 and the ABS CBR650F is around $1500 in the US. I think its $7400 for ninja vs $8900 for the CBR. I am in no way justifying it.

Regards
Rachit
Missed the ABS pricing i guess, thank you for the correction.

Anyway, we are still going to pay in excess of $3000 plus against the $1500 difference in the US of A. Say about a lac rupees more.

I will talk from Mumbais perspective as i live here. That extra lac will attract an extra octroi and road tax amount which further pushes the on road cost further up north.
Old 4th August 2015, 20:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

This is a very sought after product in the middle weight category with punchy engine performance, commendable chassis with the right balance between performance and comfort , fully faired big bike feel and easy to live with on a daily basis character. Its a bike for all seasons.
Honda may have priced it slightly at a premium but as a product it shall not disappoint its target rider.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 21:48   #33
BHPian

Just came back from Revfest. What a misnomer! They didn't even try to Rev the bikes :( They also presented the CBR650 as 'Made in India'. What hogwash!

A lot of us know that the bike will be good. Especially those of us upgrading from the Karizmas, P220s, D200s etc. But I just went from 'Definitely buying' to 'Let me Test ride the Street Triple and Z800'. There will definitely be a price drop somewhere down the line. Its a question of 'WHEN' and not 'IF'.

PS: Has OTR Bangalore been announced?

Last edited by loki : 4th August 2015 at 21:51.
loki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 22:08   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Missed the ABS pricing i guess, thank you for the correction.

Anyway, we are still going to pay in excess of $3000 plus against the $1500 difference in the US of A. Say about a lac rupees more.

I will talk from Mumbais perspective as i live here. That extra lac will attract an extra octroi and road tax amount which further pushes the on road cost further up north.
I agree with you. More ex showroom price pushes other components higher as well resulting in a larger hit to the pocket.

Kawasaki has done a stellar job in pricing all of their products wonderfully in India. For instance ZX10R is 15.5 ex showroom and Fireblade is nearly 16.5 ex showroom. The ZX10 is almost 2 generations newer than the Fireblade. If I had the money I will still get the blade though, but that is just my personal preference.

Z800 in my opinion is the most Horse Power/Rupee proposition available in India.

Regards
Rachit
Old 4th August 2015, 23:26   #35
BHPian

I feel no matter how bad it might sound price wise, 650F will make decent sales to turn the wheel due to honda badge. Cmon guys, indian customers unfortunately were taken for a ride with tirumph fiasco and yet it managed to keep churning more sales (even after we know its not euro spec bikes). Then there are launches likes these which makes dreams remain dreams. IMO indian market right now is like a curious little kitten, and excited with new every new superbike launch, but honestly 95% of sports bikes are either shooting up their current prices or launching at an expensive cost in our incredible nation.
pratap.pratu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 23:47   #36
BHPian

Update: OTR Bangalore is Rs. 8,49,315. The Silicon Honda guy just messaged me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Price in Chennai confirmed at 8.06L OTR. Confirmed at dealer launch.
Wow. That seems so much reasonable (relatively speaking). I will not even talk about OTR Delhi. Thinking of joining that person who is campaigning for "one nation, one road tax" policy.

Last edited by loki : 4th August 2015 at 23:52.
loki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 00:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Its coming only with the C-ABS!
You forgot the HISS security system.

As for the missing USD forks, a non adjustable USD fork is about as useful as braces on a set of perfectly lined teeth. A leaky seal and a tow truck is not what you want as you ride across the country since the oil reservoir sits above the seal.
A fully adjustable USD is better because if offers adjustability to riders of different build and is hence the preferred tool on a race track where you want to push even harder and not let the bike's component limit your ability. Having said that, most people don't even push a bike as hard enough to outperform conventional forks on a race track and not many litre bike owners even know how to setup their USDs and go to the track with factory settings :/

What other bike this side of 10 lakhs offers ABS(atleast as optional), perimeter frame, underbody exhaust, 4-2-1 headers, full fairings, and a security chip based immobilizer system? A well sprung conventional suspension will be no different than a non adjustable USD functionality wise and is even less of a headache maintenance wise. It also has 320mm petal discs and the brakes as per reviews seem to be extremely powerful for a bike that makes only 87hp.

It would be wise to look for justification of prices in the components of the machinery rather than base it on spec sheet numbers alone.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 5th August 2015 at 00:23.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 01:30   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post

Wow. That seems so much reasonable (relatively speaking). I will not even talk about OTR Delhi. Thinking of joining that person who is campaigning for "one nation, one road tax" policy.
So are you keeping your booking or cancelling it?

Should the OTR for Delhi/Gurgaon be less than Chennai? I am yet to get the complete OTR price for here.

Regards
Rachit
Old 5th August 2015, 07:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
A fully adjustable USD is better because if offers adjustability to riders of different build and is hence the preferred tool on a race track where you want to push even harder and not let the bike's component limit your ability. Having said that, most people don't even push a bike as hard enough to outperform conventional forks on a race track and not many litre bike owners even know how to setup their USDs and go to the track with factory settings :/

What other bike this side of 10 lakhs offers ABS(atleast as optional), perimeter frame, underbody exhaust, 4-2-1 headers, full fairings, and a security chip based immobilizer system? A well sprung conventional suspension will be no different than a non adjustable USD functionality wise and is even less of a headache maintenance wise. It also has 320mm petal discs and the brakes as per reviews seem to be extremely powerful for a bike that makes only 87hp.

It would be wise to look for justification of prices in the components of the machinery rather than base it on spec sheet numbers alone.
You are basically reading out the spec sheet. Z800 has adjustable USDs, ABS, and an immobilizer system and is a lot more powerful and better looking (subjective of course).

Can you point out where it says, the forks are fully adjustable. The specs here atleast dont say that. They dont even have pre-load adjustment.
http://powersports.honda.com/2015/cb...fications.aspx

For me, I think Striple is more overpriced than the CBR 650F.
TheCelestial is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 08:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Honda CBR 650F launched in India at Rs. 7.3 lakh

Agree with many of Nitesh's comments. Many owners may never take to the track and the regular upright shocks should work.

The rear has a 5 step preload adjustment. I saw it yesterday. I think it's coming preset at level 2 based on what I saw.

Missed the HISS feature. It's a nice to have feature, although not heard about many SBK thefts in India. Issue in Thailand as market is much bigger.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 5th August 2015 at 08:05.
Old 5th August 2015, 08:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

PS: Has OTR Bangalore been announced?
Did the maths and it comes to around 849K for on road.
If you can work out on the insurance part expect to do yourself a favor.

It would have been good if they had launched with the USD forks. Some parity would have been restored to an otherwise fantastic product.

With regular shocks I do not think a customer would be eager to shell out that kinda money with no electronic toys.

STriple does look VFM when you consider that they around 61K (XShowroom) more than CB but throw in the electronic gadgets and the wonderful 41mm USD Forks.
Old 5th August 2015, 09:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Come on guys, we already have the Benelli TNT 600 GT, the cheapest i-4 faired motorcyle in India at less than 6L ex-showroom
Though Benelli 600GT costs <6L, its semi faired motorcycle. Also Honda is high on quality and reliability as well.

Quote:
Looks like 8.5L quoted is without insurance.

My calculations says its 8.7L.
KA Ex-Showroom: ~7.5L
KA Road Tax (13.1%): 98250
Insurance: 15000
Handling Charges: ~10000
Total: 8.73L

Last edited by djay99 : 5th August 2015 at 09:09.
Old 5th August 2015, 11:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
So are you keeping your booking or cancelling it?
Am super confused man. I'll wait for a week and decide. Do you know if other color options are on the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Looks like 8.5L quoted is without insurance.

My calculations says its 8.7L.
KA Ex-Showroom: ~7.5L
KA Road Tax (13.1%): 98250
Insurance: 15000
Handling Charges: ~10000
Total: 8.73L
Checked with Silicon Honda again. Its 7.4L ex-showroom and 8.49L OTR. A bike has arrived for display in the showroom. Will go check it out tomorrow.
Old 5th August 2015, 12:35   #44
BHPian

Price at Silicon Honda, Bangalore:

Ex-Showroom - Rs 740,258
Road Tax - Rs 98,602
Smart Card charges - Rs 230
Registration - Rs 120
Insurance - Rs 10,103

Total - Rs 849,313

Zero dep Insurance - 14,910

Total with Zero dep insurance - Rs 854,120
loki is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

9 Lakhs for a 2010/11. Done 3k CBR 1000rr with ABS. Looked spanking new.
This bike i went and saw yesterday just after the launch of the 650F.

At 9 Lakhs for a liter iam definitely going in for a Pre-owned rather than buy a brand new faired one and loose money on it.
danlalan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks