Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2015, 10:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition

Sorry to hear about the fall. I hope you are getting engine guards.
BTW did you get arrows installed?

Unlike in western countries, insurance companies won't offer a discount in premium if we install sliders/protectors. I did check with hdfc ergo and they can insure accessories at an additional cost.
Old 6th February 2015, 20:28   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_v_i View Post
Oh yes, i got that done over the weekend (along with Arrows ). Thanks for the tip!
Awesome buddy! Glad to hear about the cans Two questions for you:
- How is the response of the bike now? Have you popped any inadvertent wheelies yet?
- How long did you wait after ordering the Arrows? I'm just trying to understand the waiting period as the dealer in B'lore thinks it's at least a 45 days wait (no stock at the assembly plant, I've been told).

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
BTW did you get arrows installed?
Not yet Djay. I'm probably going to wait for a while before I get them installed. I'm still learning to ride the stock setup and enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Unlike in western countries, insurance companies won't offer a discount in premium if we install sliders/protectors. I did check with hdfc ergo and they can insure accessories at an additional cost.
This is very good to know. I will probably speak to the insurance company to understand what their policy is. I'm not with HDFC Ergo - had to go with Bharthi AxA through the dealer. The dealer has informed me that the dealer will not be able to help / assist.

This week I also had the opportunity to go back to the Triumph showroom (like I need an excuse to go back again). This visit unfortunately was to get the Streetie back in shape since it fell last Sunday. Got the clutch and brake lever set replaced with the short levers and had the engine protectors installed. Must say that the protectors do look pretty good on the Streetie (not as good as the Z800). The protectors also contribute to hide the scruffs on the engine cover. Should have got them installed earlier..

I much prefer the short levers compared to the stock. They don't crush my little finger and are much easier to operate. Also, I like the black painted levers to the steel finish on the stock. However, these levers were not priced like I had expected - the set cost me upwards of 10k!! All I can say is wow.

I am really looking forward to my weekend. The idea is complete 1,600 kms come Sunday afternoon and then let her rip. I really want to get the run-in out of the way before I ride to IBW a couple of weeks from now. Hope to see you there guys!

Last edited by AnkurS : 6th February 2015 at 20:47.
Old 7th February 2015, 20:18   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurS View Post
How is the response of the bike now? Have you popped any inadvertent wheelies yet?
Oh definitely a pop in power, but the best of all is the growl. The sound is addictive, i keep revving the bike just for the exhaust note No surprise wheelies though, but some definite wheelspin.

Quote:
How long did you wait after ordering the Arrows? I'm just trying to understand the waiting period as the dealer in B'lore thinks it's at least a 45 days wait (no stock at the assembly plant, I've been told).
I too had to wait for a little over 45 days That is one of the challenges with Triumph, the accessories, if not in stock, do take a while to arrive and not necessarily all together.

Quote:
This week I also had the opportunity to go back to the Triumph showroom (like I need an excuse to go back again). This visit unfortunately was to get the Streetie back in shape since it fell last Sunday. Got the clutch and brake lever set replaced with the short levers and had the engine protectors installed. Must say that the protectors do look pretty good on the Streetie (not as good as the Z800). The protectors also contribute to hide the scruffs on the engine cover. Should have got them installed earlier..
Would you please post pictures of the same. I have been meaning to change to the black lever set, but haven't decided on the standard or the short ones.
Old 11th February 2015, 22:16   #64
BHPian

Actually should've titled it 'End of run-in update'

The Odometer shows a reading of 1640 kms today. Which officially means the end of run-in period for the engine. Which in turn means I don't have to keep looking at the rev counter anymore! Excited.

The weekend came with two rides - first to Horsley Hills (in Chittor) and then a finish the run-in ride to Kolar for a cup of coffee Sunday morning. The experience at Horsley Hills was amazing - nothing compares to early morning skies, fresh cool air, tranquility and silence! I want to do more such rides now.

It was quite a good ride for the most part, especially once we had cleared a 5km stretch or so of gravel roads (which were under repair). One thing I would've changed is the number of unannounced speed breakers. Had to stand on the foot peg a couple of times to avoid tank slaps on the nasty ones. Also got the feel of ABS working on the bike for the first time. The ABS works quite well actually - zero skid even on uneven, broken and sand covered tarmac, I've come away impressed. A_v_i - a sincere advice, please don't disable this crucial feature buddy. Saved me from some nasty situations for sure.

Had a couple of coffees with Sammyboy on Sunday morning at the Kolar CCD. That place is like a magnet for superbikes on Sunday. Had a dekko at quite a few of the biggies on Sunday. I don't have a favourite faired bike yet, but would love to see the F3 up close and personal one day. Sammy had a great weekend at the CSS the previous week and was really kicked about the whole experience. His rear tyre told a story as well! Very happy for you brother.

I am very happy with the Streetie so far. Great handler, sure footed, nice front brake, awesome air intake sound above 5k rpm, responsive engine, not too thirsty - all of these attributes make it a perfect bike for me. Things I am not so sure about are the rear brake and the side stand. The rear brake is quite useless at high speeds. I know I'm supposed to use the front discs for braking but I didn't expect the rear to be as dead as it is. Was testing it the other day, and realised that it's pretty nigh futile on its own. I will at some point explore the upgrade option for the rear brake. I'm not sure if the Daytona ones would be an upgrade - we'll see.

The side stand seems to be quite badly designed, IMHO. Had another scare on Saturday when the bike was parked on granite - I had made sure that the Streetie was stable when I parked and alighted from it, and a minute later, I heard the stand scraping on the stone! Ran with great speed to make sure I didn't have another fall two weeks in a row and stabilised the Streetie. However, I'm either going to ask the dealer to increase the lean angle on the side stand, or just shop for another, more stable and reliable side stand. Nuts!

In other news, I'm kicked about having finished the run in and am glad that I managed to do that before the Goa ride coming up next week. Not that I was planning on insane throttle twists, but it's awesome that I can if needed. Have also managed a couple of additions to the Streetie over the last 10 days or so. Finally had the radiator guard and the screen delivered from UK this Monday. Installed the screen already and will install / have the guard installed by Friday. The guard really is awesome quality - strong yet featherlight. Nice.

Pics from Saturday and pics with the screen follow. I think the screen looks quite good, whatsay? (Please excuse the pics from the phone, rather poor quality, will make up this weekend).

Horsley Hills
2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0852.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0853.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0855.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0857.jpg

The engine protector. Scratches to the actual engine cover are still visible..
2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0871_2.jpg

Dart Manta flyscreen
2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0882_2.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0886_2.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0887_2.jpg

2015 Triumph Street Triple: An unexpected addition-img_0888_2.jpg

Also, A_v_i, let me know if you need more pics of the lever set mate. Haven't really been able to take a camera to the Streetie this week, but will post some more pics over the weekend if you prefer!

Last edited by AnkurS : 11th February 2015 at 22:17.
AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 22:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, I'm kicked about having finished the run in and am glad that I managed to do that before the Goa ride coming up next week. Not that I was planning on insane throttle twists, but it's awesome that I can if needed.
Ahhh I see Goa there. So coming down for IBW?

If you don't mind lets catch up. What say mate?
Old 11th February 2015, 23:02   #66
Senior - BHPian

Probably the first ever aftermarket wind screen on a naked that I really liked. Looks wicked cool!
Old 12th February 2015, 09:16   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
If you don't mind lets catch up. What say mate?
Absolutely akshayhonda. In fact, there are only two reasons I will be in Goa, first is to ride the Streetie as I've never ever done more than 350 odd KMs in one ride and second is to meet with like minded folks and enjoy riding together. Be sure to let me know the nuts and bolts and I'll be very excited to catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Probably the first ever aftermarket wind screen on a naked that I really liked. Looks wicked cool!
Cheers Urban_Nomad. Though chose this over the OEM flyscreen for function more than aesthetics, I do think it looks quite good. This weekend will be the first opportunity to test the functionality as well.
AnkurS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 18:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely akshayhonda. In fact, there are only two reasons I will be in Goa, first is to ride the Streetie as I've never ever done more than 350 odd KMs in one ride and second is to meet with like minded folks and enjoy riding together. Be sure to let me know the nuts and bolts and I'll be very excited to catch up!
Riding the Streetie down to Goa will be an awesome experience. I would also love to meet you Streetie in person. And yeah lets catch up for sure
akshayhonda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2015, 16:33   #69
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, I'm kicked about having finished the run in and am glad that I managed to do that before the Goa ride coming up next week.
Fantastic, i am riding down too. We should definitely catch up in Goa.

Quote:
Also, A_v_i, let me know if you need more pics of the lever set mate. Haven't really been able to take a camera to the Streetie this week, but will post some more pics over the weekend if you prefer!
Thanks, i was going to ask for more pictures but now i prefer to check the levers out in person in Goa
Old 19th February 2015, 03:32   #70
BHPian

Off to Goa now folks, hope to see some of the fellow Team-BHPians there. Longest ride for me ever, wish me luck ��
Old 19th February 2015, 06:08   #71
BHPian

All the best Ankur, happy riding. I'm sure you and Streetie will have a great time in Goa, ride safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks