Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2015, 17:52   #166
BHPian

re: Honda to assemble CBR 650 in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
What is the Street Triple's current on road price? You're talking about the 79 bhp Street Triple right?
Around 9.6L in bangalore.
Yes the 79ps Striple. Is there another one available here ?
Old 9th July 2015, 17:55   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the Street Triple's current on road price? You're talking about the 79 bhp Street Triple right?
I dont think we have another Street Triple in India, correct? Its always been the 79bhp. Just that the spec sheets changed. In Chennai Triple is 9.12L which I feel is very overpriced for the specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
Let me put an hypothetical question - If CBR650f price is close to that of the Street Triple, which one will you prefer? I know what the majority will say and hope Honda (India) is closely watching this thread.
I am hoping the OTR is around 8L considering the Thai price of 300K Bhat (roughly 6L). OTR of over 9L is too much for Honda
Old 9th July 2015, 17:59   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Yes the 79ps Striple. Is there another one available here ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I dont think we have another Street Triple in India, correct? Its always been the 79bhp. Just that the spec sheets changed.
Its been a heavy day. Must have taken its toll on my subtle dry wit and sarcasm by opacifying the irony implied just beyond.

The 70-90 bhp segment has some players now. Which is a good thing. But prices are still silly.

It will take a particular manufacturer to storm into this club and turn the pricing hierarchy on its head.

Till then ..... push, push!

Last edited by ebonho : 9th July 2015 at 18:03.
Old 9th July 2015, 22:45   #169
BHPian

Quote:
The 70-90 bhp segment has some players now. Which is a good thing. But prices are still silly.

It will take a particular manufacturer to storm into this club and turn the pricing hierarchy on its head.
No wonder Benelli has set the record for quickest sales in superbike market in India. Way to go benelli

reference -
http://motoroctane.com/news/15268-be...brand-in-india.
Old 9th July 2015, 23:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
No wonder Benelli has set the record for quickest sales in superbike market in India. Way to go benelli

reference -
http://motoroctane.com/news/15268-be...brand-in-india.
Not to contradict this news as I don't have facts to prove, but I find this record slightly hard to believe. I still think that Harley sold more bikes in the first 3 months in India. I think they had special emblems on the first 150 bikes that came to India and my impression is that they had sold all of them within a couple of months.

Although still a great job by DSK for Benelli.

Regards
Rachit
Old 10th July 2015, 03:57   #171
Senior - BHPian

A good chunk of that is the Keeway RKX 300 aka TNT 300.
Old 10th July 2015, 10:25   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Doc - The same 79 bhp ST which is far more better in terms of power-to-weight ratio, fun factor, build quality, ride/handling, etc.. (more importantly the torque available right from low RPM in those inline 3s)
Old 10th July 2015, 10:55   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Doc - The same 79 bhp ST which is far more better in terms of power-to-weight ratio, fun factor, build quality, ride/handling, etc.. (more importantly the torque available right from low RPM in those inline 3s)
Far more better than what? For who?

At close to 10 lacs, I can think of more than one bike currently sold in India which is better than the Street Triple and does not cost as much.

But lets not divert the discussion towards Triumphs on this Honda thread. For me personally, the trust has gone out of the window where Triumph is involved, so their bikes and how good they are or how much bang for buck they offer are now moot.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:25   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Power to weight:
At the price range (slightly below), the Z800 has better power to weight ratio unless one is running a maxxed out Striple making 100 bhp which would set one back by a few more lacs which can get one to the next level.

Fun factor is a personal thing. Some have fun on RE, some on Harleys, some on Vespas and others on Pani899s. Build quality is nothing above its competition. Ride is harder than its competition. Ground clearance is pretty low. Good for some. Bad for most. Handling is great as it is easily flickable and short in height of saddle, great for majority of Indians.

Torque available low down is more in the Z again, considering its the Indian version its pitted against.
This is the Z (blue) against the Street Triple R (red ) that too. Indian spec version will be drastically further down.

Where the Honda will score big would be in providing good of all that with the Honda reliability badge, comfortable pillion, an I4 and a fairing. I see it being lapped up big time in the Indian market without making much fuss, when it is finally launched, priced and delivered from stores.

Last edited by Sojogator : 10th July 2015 at 12:27.
Sojogator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 12:36   #175
Senior - BHPian

The Z8 outguns the full spec Street Triple. It would be overkill for the Indian Striple.

Based on the specs, even a 6 lac 600i should be able to take the Indian Striple in most performance parameters. Without going into the China angle.

Also, what about the Ducati Monster then?

Quote:
Where the Honda will score big would be in providing good of all that with the Honda reliability badge, comfortable pillion, an I4 and a fairing. I see it being lapped up big time in the Indian market without making much fuss, when it is finally launched, priced and delivered from stores.
Honestly speaking, in the real world, it will be as fast (if not as quick) as the Z8. Probably faster, sustainably.

Last edited by ebonho : 10th July 2015 at 12:52.
Old 10th July 2015, 12:52   #176
BHPian

Honda to assemble CBR 650 in India!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436512906.613041.jpg

Hopefully this should be the end of speculative launch dates!

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 13:25   #177
BHPian

Even Powerdrift has posted on Facebook hinting launch on 4th Aug'15 although no source has been revealed in their post. Possibly an invite from Honda might have gone out to all Auto Journalists. Let's hope Honda price it well. I have a feeling they will price it between Ninja 650 & Z800.
Attached Images

Sachin_Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 13:34   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Power to weight:
At the price range (slightly below), the Z800 has better power to weight ratio unless one is running a maxxed out Striple making 100 bhp which would set one back by a few more lacs which can get one to the next level.

Fun factor is a personal thing. Some have fun on RE, some on Harleys, some on Vespas and others on Pani899s. Build quality is nothing above its competition. Ride is harder than its competition. Ground clearance is pretty low. Good for some. Bad for most. Handling is great as it is easily flickable and short in height of saddle, great for majority of Indians.

Torque available low down is more in the Z again, considering its the Indian version its pitted against.
No doubt, CBR650F will have its own market share for the reasons I have quoted in one of my earlier posts.

In my earlier post, I was getting ST into the picture in the context of pricing. I was trying to put a point on how CBR650F will fare against ST if both are in the same price bracket ? So the obvious comparison I made was between ST and 650F only. So I didn't bring Z800 into the picture. Of course, one can benchmark against any bike and that is a different story.

My whole point is how Honda is going to price it. If it is in the Z800/ST prrce bracket, I feel it will be a tough battle for them. Again, it is just my opinion. Around 8L OTR will be a much attractive price and can give a big headache for both Kawasaki and Triumph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Attachment 1390718

Hopefully this should be the end of speculative launch dates!

Rohan
From the photo you posted, it looks bit confusing for me. Is that a fully faired one ?

Last edited by shan_ned : 10th July 2015 at 13:37.
Old 10th July 2015, 13:38   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From the photo you posted, it looks bit confusing for me. Is that a fully faired one ?
It is the fully faired one. The naked one is the CB650F.
Old 10th July 2015, 17:21   #180
BHPian

Drum Rolls - The bookings have started.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bookings-f...-4-2015-780131
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks