Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 14:26   #166
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Here is a 'rough' estimate i got from kawa for servicing the bike in m'lore.

COST OF PERIODIC SERVICE............................. 6659
OUTSTATION TECHNICIAN COST (2 MEMBERS)..... 3500
COST OF TRAVELLING ( TO AND FRO )................ 4000
LODGING EXPENSES........................................ 1200
TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE................................. 1200
LOCAL CONVEYANCE....................................... 1500
ADITIONAL LABOUR CHARGES........................... 700
TOTAL.. 18759

I guess i shouldn't be expecting the customary pressure wash!!

So the technicians expenses are more than the service cost of the Z800

You end up paying 7359 for servicing the bike and 11400 on the technician. I would suggest you ride the bike to Bangalore and have it serviced there. Will turn out to be much cheaper.

The other option would be to lookout for other Z800 owners or other Kawasaki SBK owners and have a combined service so that the one time costs on the technician can be covered.
Old 27th April 2015, 14:22   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
So the technicians expenses are more than the service cost of the Z800

You end up paying 7359 for servicing the bike and 11400 on the technician. I would suggest you ride the bike to Bangalore and have it serviced there. Will turn out to be much cheaper.

The other option would be to lookout for other Z800 owners or other Kawasaki SBK owners and have a combined service so that the one time costs on the technician can be covered.
Unfortunately we are the only one wit a zee here. I was anyway more keen on riding it down to blore. I spoke to the service manager this morning since I wanted to book a service slot this saturday i.e., 29 days from delivery. Unfortunately, they are out of town from 1st to 8th. They have some H2 training session in Pune. I have been asked to leave the bike there this friday which is out of the question.
Ive requested for an extension of the first service interval by a few days so that i can take it in for service on 9/4. He said he'll get back to me after checking with the GM but i havent heard back from him as yet.
Hope they oblige and dont make my life miserable!!

P.S. Im going to bring down the service costs further by NOT having the chain lubed. I can pick up a full can of cleaner and lube for the amount they charge for cleaning and lubing. I see no point in 'donating' money to The dealer!!

Last edited by james : 27th April 2015 at 14:26.
Old 27th April 2015, 15:16   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately we are the only one wit a zee here. I was anyway more keen on riding it down to blore. I spoke to the service manager this morning since I wanted to book a service slot this saturday i.e., 29 days from delivery.

P.S. Im going to bring down the service costs further by NOT having the chain lubed. I can pick up a full can of cleaner and lube for the amount they charge for cleaning and lubing. I see no point in 'donating' money to The dealer!!

I just completed my first service this saturday.
There was another Z (without a rear number plate and without rear view mirrors) which has gone in for its first service after 3months. No issues there I guess.

Few reminders:
1. Do not forget to carry the warranty book. The first service slot needs to be sealed and signed.

2. Chain lubing costs around 160 bucks with taxes so maybe you can re think of not getting it done. They do not use the prescrived Motul lube and instead used the locally made Tribocor one. It is a good lube but just shows how pathetic Khivraj are, to not even use the prescribed stuff on the bike.

3. What I would suggest to not get done would be polish work. It is pathetic. You will end up throwing away 160 for the stupid polish that probably makes it dirtier than before. The noobs neither know how to polish nor do they use good stuff. Just go for the water wash that they do before servicing, which is just cleaning, revving, lubing all joints, tightening some screws and changing the oil.
Old 28th April 2015, 01:03   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
I just completed my first service this saturday.
There was another Z (without a rear number plate and without rear view mirrors) which has gone in for its first service after 3months. No issues there I guess.

Few reminders:
1. Do not forget to carry the warranty book. The first service slot needs to be sealed and signed.

2. Chain lubing costs around 160 bucks with taxes so maybe you can re think of not getting it done. They do not use the prescrived Motul lube and instead used the locally made Tribocor one. It is a good lube but just shows how pathetic Khivraj are, to not even use the prescribed stuff on the bike.

3. What I would suggest to not get done would be polish work. It is pathetic. You will end up throwing away 160 for the stupid polish that probably makes it dirtier than before. The noobs neither know how to polish nor do they use good stuff. Just go for the water wash that they do before servicing, which is just cleaning, revving, lubing all joints, tightening some screws and changing the oil.
The thing is it may have got its first service after 3 months but we really wouldn't know the warranty status of that machine. We aren't willing to take any chances.
I still think 160 bucks is over priced for chain lube. Thats how much a small tribocor can costs. At this point i dislike Khivraj so much that i don't even feel like letting them touch the bike. But alas, warranty!!
I'm opting for just the oil change and re-torquing of bolts. I don't want no wash or polish or chain lube. Doesn't make sense to wash the bike before a 400km ride anyway.
Old 28th April 2015, 10:38   #170
BHPian

Quote:
...I'm opting for just the oil change and re-torquing of bolts. I don't want no wash or polish or chain lube. Doesn't make sense to wash the bike before a 400km ride anyway.
Yamaha charges 200 to lube my R15's chain
They will wash it before starting off with the servicing so you will get a wash whether you like it or not. Also they would lube the moving parts like key holes, side stand, pegs etc with Tribocor TC208.
BTW the entire workshop has exactly 1 funnel and that funnel has been made by cutting a engine oil bottle in half !!!
They are laughable !
Old 4th May 2015, 18:58   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Looks brilliant and sounds, what you shared, earth shattering ! Deserves a music video of better quality and shared here
Will record a video using handycam once i reach Hyderabad.
Sound is too good and people can hear exhaust note who are ahead of you by atleast 50M (which was never possible with stock exhaust).

Quote:
That you mention about the burble, I noticed it for the first time today morning, during my office commute, and boy I was grinning. It is a very light one but nevertheless a wonderfully orgasmic one
Yes that sound is like boom boom boom. Its still there in Mivv and its louder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congratulations Djay. Was waiting for this to come on your bike. Do post a video when possible. Where did your order it from and mind sharing the costs?
I got it for over 30K from Italy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats DJ!
How much did it cost you? Can you please post a video of the exhaust note? A side by side comparo with someones stock would also be good?
I have a video of stock exhaust note before removing it. Will upload it in few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hey Djay,
Not sure how I missed this thread of yours.

Congratulations on the bike she does looks awesome.
Mivv Sunos are by default the best if you want the exhaust note to sound more bassy, the Akras for the shrill effect.

Do remove the baffle to truly enjoy it and take her to those 7-9K to know what you have just bolted on.

Nevertheless, ride safe
Thanks Mahesh. I liked Akra but Mivv sounded more punchy IMO. Akra in carbon finish looks beautiful but price difference was over 50% and hence choose Mivv.

With the baffle in, i feel its loud. Honestly i can't imagine riding the bike after removing baffles (i guess i don't have the guts )

Quote:
Took delivery of a Z for a friend earlier this month and rode 450kms straight back home. Loved every bit of the ride and the bike except for 2 things.

1. The fuel gauge has a mind of its own. Never shows accurate reading.
If you park bike on side stand then fuel gauge bars drop and i believe this is normal.

Quote:
2. The gearbox gets rather annoying at times. Falls into 'half gear' between 4-5 and 5-6 gears.
This has happened twice or thrice on my bike and i think this is due to not pressing clutch on time or trying to change gears in a hurry ( i might be wrong though). But gear shift tends to become smooth over time.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 21:57   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I got it for over 30K from Italy.

I have a video of stock exhaust note before removing it. Will upload it in few days.
Did you have someone bring it from Italy or did you have it shipped from some website?
Old 6th May 2015, 10:34   #173
BHPian

Sorry to go a little off topic, but does anyone have their views on Arrow Carbon Fibre exhaust for Z800? Retails for about 30K on www.bikegear.in
Also, can a Z800 do a country-wide trip? Also, any ECU detuning required for regular fuel? And tyre change?
Old 6th May 2015, 14:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal.jayakuma View Post
Also, can a Z800 do a country-wide trip? Also, any ECU detuning required for regular fuel? And tyre change?
I see no reason why the bike cant do a country wide trip. The reviews have been extremely positive with respect to wide comfort. What specific concerns do you have?

There is no detuning required for usage on regular fuel.

Not sure what you mean by your last query regarding tyres? more details would be helpful

Cheers.
Old 6th May 2015, 14:16   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I see no reason why the bike cant do a country wide trip. The reviews have been extremely positive with respect to wide comfort. What specific concerns do you have?

There is no detuning required for usage on regular fuel.

Not sure what you mean by your last query regarding tyres? more details would be helpful

Cheers.
Thank you for answering my queries. I wanted to know it'll last a full trip without breaking down or something. No one has really done it on a superbike so yeah.
And about tyres, I meant different spec tyres to handle the undulating roads?
Old 6th May 2015, 14:28   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for answering my queries. I wanted to know it'll last a full trip without breaking down or something. No one has really done it on a superbike so yeah.
I have read an article in a magazine where a really long distance was covered on a Fireblade in India.

So no, bikes do not break down. Break downs are unpredictable by definition The Z800 has come across as reliable so far.

Stock tyres should do just fine. Owners can shed more light on that.
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 14:32   #177
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Quote:
There are a group of Harley guys from India who are riding (or have already completed) the ASEAN corridor through Bangladesh, Myanmar etc. across SE Asia all the way to Singapore and back.

I don't see the Z8 being less capable than any Harley made, to do the same.

Disclaimer: This is not a negative statement about Harleys, but a positive one about the Z8.
ebonho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 20:05   #178
BHPian

djay99 - If you had to choose an exhaust between SC Project, Arrow Carbon Fibre Conic slip-on or the SC Project CRT, which one would it be? Akra is too muted for me. What about Two Brothers?
Old 9th May 2015, 20:18   #179
Senior - BHPian

Did 40KM ride this evening around gachibowli area including Nehru ORR. Roads are good with less traffic but people don't care about lane, rules, safety etc here in Hyderabad. Situation seems to be a bit better in Bangalore but too much traffic IMO. I got around 19kmpl.

Quote:
djay99 - If you had to choose an exhaust between SC Project, Arrow Carbon Fibre Conic slip-on or the SC Project CRT, which one would it be? Akra is too muted for me. What about Two Brothers?
I would pick Arrow exhausts because i feel that SC Project are too loud for my taste. Two brothers should be better than Arrow but they are little more expensive.

Z800 can be used for long distance touring provided following mods are carried out: install a decent size windscreen, get comfy seat (may be gel) and increase handle bar height a little bit to make riding stance upright. I don't see a need for changing tyres as Dunlop Sportmax are super sticky yet not soft. I have filled regular fuel at towns and had no issues. Gear ratios on this bike allow you to pull hard from as low as 40KMPH in 6th gear and this avoids changing gears frequently on two lane roads.

Last edited by djay99 : 9th May 2015 at 20:32.
Old 9th May 2015, 20:37   #180
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of exhaust note of my Z800 with stock silencer-

Exhaust note with Mivv Suono

Recorded foll video today using my iphone. Hope sound quality is good
djay99 is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks