Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 09:47   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
You must have heard of the Secondary Air Injection system and the benefits of disabling it.
Could you please share more details on this? I am not aware of these benefits.

Quote:
The stand is brand new, unused, without a scratch and a direct fit to the stock Bonneville SE. If anyone is interested, I could give it off, please PM me.
I'm interested. Will send you a PM.
Old 29th May 2019, 10:37   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Suggest you just Google Secondary Air Injection Bonneville and you will find tons of material and different ways to do it right from jugaad to using kits

Quote:
I'm interested. Will send you a PM.
Sorry, the stand was sold a while back
dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 15:06   #1098
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking for a King and Queen seat in good condition for my Bonnie. Please let me know if anyone is planning to sell. I would be interested.
Old 31st May 2019, 21:30   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I should say I'm starting to love my relaxed city rides even more. This has really improved the low speed responses. I also brought back to stock the Secondary Air Injection, that I had removed to improve the throttle snatchiness.
Am now going to take the plunge once am back home!! Did you notice any drop in FE or anything out of place at higher speeds or a change in the feel of the bike in hot weather when it really heats up? Is it all that positive?
Old 31st May 2019, 21:59   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am now going to take the plunge once am back home!! Did you notice any drop in FE or anything out of place at higher speeds or a change in the feel of the bike in hot weather when it really heats up? Is it all that positive?
Too early for me to comment on FE, though I don't believe there's going to be an impact. At higher speeds it feels eager like before nothing more nothing less. I think its in the lower speeds that you feel it much nicer.
Old 5th June 2019, 21:02   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have one for sale and new, PM if interested.
Old 12th October 2019, 19:04   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I'm looking to replace the rear tyre of my Bonnie as it has a bad puncture and is running on the regular repair that I'm not too confident of, it already leaked twice so they have stuck three adhesive sticks into it which means its a fairly large puncture. What are my options for a replacement? The stock Metzeler is pretty expensive and the size is 130 80 R17 65H. One popular option seems to be the Michelin Pilot Street 140 70 R17 66H. I know it might reduce the GC a wee bit, but I guess it is fine. Any feedback would be great.

Suggestions and other options welcome, I would really appreciate this.

Last edited by dinu2506 : 12th October 2019 at 19:06.
Old 14th October 2019, 10:23   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I'm looking to replace the rear tyre of my Bonnie as it has a bad puncture and is running on the regular repair that I'm not too confident of, it already leaked twice so they have stuck three adhesive sticks into it which means its a fairly large puncture. What are my options for a replacement? The stock Metzeler is pretty expensive and the size is 130 80 R17 65H. One popular option seems to be the Michelin Pilot Street 140 70 R17 66H. I know it might reduce the GC a wee bit, but I guess it is fine. Any feedback would be great.

Hi Dinesh, I used the Michelin was my second tyre change. It is decent on good roads and also at a little higher speeds. But it is not as strong as the metzeler. I did get a few punters on the Michelin. Currently I am on Metzeler Tourance, but it is is amazing. it is already on 17K-18K kms. the Michelin gave me only 13K. the Tourance costed me 18K I think for both front and rear. The issue with Michelin is that it does not have the correct size for the front. So I had put the Harley's front tyre, since I wanted to maintain both tyres from same brand. I got the tyres through Nikhil, member here in this forum.
Old 22nd October 2019, 10:55   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I went in for the Michelin Pilot Street 140 70 R17 66H. I removed the wheel at home and took it to the Tyre shop for the change, brought it back and installed it. Don't know why they have made the rear tyre change such a pain. Not difficult but lot of stuff to be taken out and reinstalled
- both the silencers need to be taken out
- the rear brake caliper needs to be removed
- the chain guard needs to be taken off
- the chain needs to come off the sprocket

There are two spacers on either side of the wheel that needs to be slid out and stored properly. Once the wheel is off, the Sprocket along with the cush drive needs to be slid out and stored (there's also a spacer there). Make sure you note down the parts and the order in which they need to go back so that you do not make a mistake. After installation, also make sure the chain is aligned and has the correct slack.

Here's a picture of the installed tyre.
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-thumbnail_img_4003.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2019, 22:58   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Its time for me to replace the battery. Do we have options outside the ASC? The stock battery is Yuasa YTX-12BS, 10AH, 180CCA battery
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:11   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its time for me to replace the battery. Do we have options outside the ASC? The stock battery is Yuasa YTX-12BS, 10AH, 180CCA battery
Big bear customs. Look them up on Google. They stock yuasa batteries but with a 6 month warranty. Cheaper than the svc though.
Old 3rd December 2019, 13:26   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Any feedback on using lower capacity batteries that are commonly available like Amaron, Exide etc. There are many with 9 AH rating
Old 3rd December 2019, 14:53   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
I had picked up a YTX-14BS Yuasa last year from Bangalore Triumph for my BMW GS and I believe I paid about 5.4k which I think was reasonable, as the earlier Yuasa I had picked 3 years earlier from a general seller in Mumbai was about 8k.

Sometime back a battery expert had advised me that going for lower AH batteries could overload the battery and you could have battery heating and pre-mature failure issues. Sometimes after riding 100-150 kms at a stretch, the bike wont start till the battery has cooled down etc. My old BMW R1100RT bike had a huge 19Ah battery and I found one with 18Ah at a substantially lower price, but it packed up in less than a year. So dont know if it was to do with technical issue or just a bad battery

Last edited by Haroon : 3rd December 2019 at 14:55.
Old 3rd December 2019, 19:26   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
I had picked up a YTX-14BS Yuasa last year from Bangalore Triumph for my BMW GS and I believe I paid about 5.4k which I think was reasonable, as the earlier Yuasa I had picked 3 years earlier from a general seller in Mumbai was about 8k.

Sometime back a battery expert had advised me that going for lower AH batteries could overload the battery and you could have battery heating and pre-mature failure issues. Sometimes after riding 100-150 kms at a stretch, the bike wont start till the battery has cooled down etc. My old BMW R1100RT bike had a huge 19Ah battery and I found one with 18Ah at a substantially lower price, but it packed up in less than a year. So dont know if it was to do with technical issue or just a bad battery
I had been told the same things when I was looking for my battery by another battery expert . He even told it would come for 1 month max and there will extra costs to fix the wiring. Then there was a shortfall and I had paid premium for the battery. almost 2K extra. now it should be around 6K in triumph Bangalore dealer and it is available is what I heard.
madhukar_n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 14:29   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. I have asked for the OEM battery from Keerthi Triumph. They have asked me to come on Saturday when they would give it post charging. They also offer only 6 months warranty. Approx cost around 7K. Meanwhile, out of curiosity, I got a normal 9AH service battery from my trusted local batterywallah and the bike started without hesitation. I also got my old battery charged overnight and fitted it today and it started without a problem. However, I'm anyway going ahead with the new one as the current one is already 4 years 2 months and could die on me anytime.
I really was tempted to go with the cheaper route of a 9AH battery. The size too was perfect except for the shorter height which can be easily addressed by some packing underneath. But finally decided to bite the bullet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks