Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2016, 11:49   #991
Senior - BHPian

@djpeesh-it's of poor quality, no switch and only 1a output. You can buy 10 of these for the price they are selling. Not worth it.

@Haroon- seems like good quality but it's too far out and it will need to be zip tied otherwise it will flutter at high speeds.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 13:48   #992
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
@djpeesh-it's of poor quality, no switch and only 1a output. You can buy 10 of these for the price they are selling. Not worth it.
Very true Randhawa, you can buy more than 10 . Have a look at the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-cigarette-lighter

The item being what it is (light & Compact), you can order it to one of you friends abroad and have them carry it with them, if the need is not that critically urgent.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 16:17   #993
BHPian

Hi Randhwa,

If you want something that is rock solid reliable and durable, one can't beat the Powerlet Sockets (also called the BMW socket ) mounted to the handlebar with a RAM mount. However, that setup will set you back by $150.

I use the Powerlet socket under the seat and have a powerlet to cig lighter converter to use the air pump I carry on my trips. Also used for charging phones through a USB converter.

While you specifically mentioned USB, I'm always in favour of having a Cig lighter/powerlet converter since it offers more versatility.

I got the Powerlet installed by Triumph Delhi for Rs. 1500 and it doesn't void the warranty.

Cheers,
Sting
Old 15th March 2016, 22:24   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Very true Randhawa, you can buy more than 10 . Have a look at the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/motorcycle-cigarette-lighter

The item being what it is (light & Compact), you can order it to one of you friends abroad and have them carry it with them, if the need is not that critically urgent.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
This is what I have. It's good enough and delivers output at 2a and I've used it with an air pump and it works perfectly. My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-1458060795441.jpg
Old 16th March 2016, 21:05   #995
Senior - BHPian

@ram-thanks for the link. What I am worried is about the quality of the wiring as it will pass under the tank and engine heat can easily toast it in long run which can lead to lot of trouble.

@djpeesh-how much and from where did you bought this? What gauge is the wiring?
Isn't your lock key scratching the paint? Mine did on the very first day and since then I keep it separate. I am going to make a leather cover for it just like the one triumph had but was discontinued way back in 2014.

@sting- Hi Sumit,

I did had the powerlet in my mind but a guy from Triumph told me to go for aftermarket one can't remember the reason he gave me but one was surely the price factor. You surely got it cheap as now I think the price is around 5k but I will check tomorrow. Can you post a pic of location where it is installed on your bike please.

Need help for a iPhone holder also. Don't have to be too cheap or expensive.

Last edited by Randhawa : 16th March 2016 at 21:18.
Old 16th March 2016, 21:43   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ram-thanks for the link. What I am worried is about the quality of the wiring as it will pass under the tank and engine heat can easily toast it in long run which can lead to lot of trouble.

I did had the powerlet in my mind but a guy from Triumph told me to go for aftermarket one can't remember the reason he gave me but one was surely the price factor.
I found this Power Outlet quite good - 3.1amp Waterproof Car Motorcycle DIY USB Charger Port Power Outlet with SAE Quick Disconnect Kit
http://s.aliexpress.com/YZjMnMZ3 and less than 1k.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 17:40   #997
Senior - BHPian

Today I installed the Continental GT suspension myself on my Bonnie. All looks good though I'm also not devoid of concerns. The GT shocks come with a rubber bush and a 10mm ID metal sleeves at the eyelets, top and bottom. Obviously, it won't directly fit the Bonnie which has 14mm mounting pins. There were two schools of thought - cut the eyelets from the shocks and weld on larger ones so that it can directly mount. The other was that, interestingly if you remove the metal sleeve from the bush, the ID is actually 14mm and can directly mount on the pins. The flip side of this is that I have to mount it without the metal sleeve - the rubber bush directly goes on to the mounting pin. Some googling and I was sort of convinced that I will take the second route. The mounting pin of the Bonnie is smooth and there might not be a need of a sleeve is what the opinion was. The Hagon aftermarket shocks for Bonnie comes without a sleeve and that gave me some confidence.
On speaking to someone, there was also an opinion that this might put undue pressure on the mounting pin which might not be good. But, will it? I'm not sure how will a metal sleeve help in reducing it? I would like your opinions on that, please. meanwhile please see the photos. I have not ridden much but definitely the humps where she used to scrape is easily glided over. I will give further updates as I use it more, but the initial impressions are good. The looks, hmm, its relative but I think it does not look too bad and I can overcome that due to advantages offered. The stock shock is 340mm eye to eye, this is 365mm
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0137.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0140.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0129.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0136.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0135.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_0133.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 10:50   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
The other was that, interestingly if you remove the metal sleeve from the bush, the ID is actually 14mm and can directly mount on the pins.
This setup is perfectly fine, I have the same setup and done more than 26000 KMS without any issue.

From the pic, I can see the shock are setup at the softer side. You might need to adjust it and make slightly stiff, otherwise bike will wobble on the cornering. It can be adjusted by rotating the adjuster along with the spring, can be done by hand, no tools are needed.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 11:16   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Can you post a pic of location where it is installed on
Here you go. Ive had no issues on it with engine heat. However, its not the most convenient for a phone charge. Powerlet products because of being patented designs are generally more expensive but I can vouch for the quality. The price of this product is certainly in the 2k range since I remember the official Triumph UK and US prices broadly converting to this amount. The new Bonnies I hear come with a usb port as standard.

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-image.jpeg
Old 20th March 2016, 13:50   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Here you go. Ive had no issues on it with engine heat. However, its not the most convenient for a phone charge. Powerlet products because of being patented designs are generally more expensive but I can vouch for the quality. The price of this product is certainly in the 2k range since I remember the official Triumph UK and US prices broadly converting to this amount. The new Bonnies I hear come with a usb port as standard.

Attachment 1488075
Thanks. I took your advice and got it installed. It's plug and play with existing power socket under the tank with 10a fuse to power the aux socket.

Excellent quality and discreet. But I turned the black pipe clear from the socket shutter. Pushing it back to clear the shutter puts load on the bend and it might crack in future.My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-image.jpeg
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 22:09   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
This setup is perfectly fine, I have the same setup and done more than 26000 KMS without any issue.

From the pic, I can see the shock are setup at the softer side. You might need to adjust it and make slightly stiff, otherwise bike will wobble on the cornering. It can be adjusted by rotating the adjuster along with the spring, can be done by hand, no tools are needed.
Thanks, thats reassuring. The pre-load, yes, I will try running and adjust to the right position
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:31   #1002
Senior - BHPian

How much vibrations do people feel after 80 on their bonnveille? I feel engine vibration increasing after 80. Mine has done only 1400km so far.
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:58   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much vibrations do people feel after 80 on their bonnveille? I feel engine vibration increasing after 80. Mine has done only 1400km so far.
During my entire ownership period of nearly 11K kms. I never felt any vibrations on handlebars/foot-pegs until speeds that are not appropriate to mention on forum and even then it's a faint buzz that I would term it as irritating and not bone-jarring

Vibration at 80kmph is un-heard of from everyone that I know who owns a Bonnie!
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:17   #1004
Senior - BHPian

After riding street twin and another Bonnie, I feel what you call buzz, I call vibration. What a relief after going through panic mode.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:25   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After riding street twin and another Bonnie, I feel what you call buzz, I call vibration. What a relief after going through panic mode.
And I thought you rode a Royal Enfield (from your excellent posts in the RE thread)

I rode the Bonnie rather briefly (thanks to "Sting"), and took the bike to near triple digits speed. 0 vibes

But my motorcycling experience is limited to a 12 year old Thunderbird and the Katoom 390
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks