Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 15:01   #751
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
The dealership here in Calcutta hasn't yet formally opened, so they're yet to get test ride bikes for all the models. However, I did manage to get a good TD of the Daytona and the Tiger 800XC. Loved both of them, specially the 675. I was actually grinning inside my helmet all the time. And that is why, despite not TDing it, I've fallen for the Striple.
You ride entire range of Triumph bikes and it would be really difficult to find fault with anyone. Each and every bike is butter smooth and really fun to ride.

Only thing that is missing with Triumph is "Cult Feeling" and there are many people who buy a bike not for how it rides but, to be part of that cult feeling

Quote:
Problem in the equation came when I heard the stock Bonnie purr for the first time. It is so lovely to hear that sound!
Oh yeah, I loved stock sound right from the begining. It's a nice purr & grr mix sound that clearly reminds you that its a big capacity engine and not the meow of some pussycat

After Arrows installation, the sound changed to guttural and raspy and was too noisy. I put the baffles in and its back to the "sewing machine" sound albeit a little louder. Sounds great !!

Quote:
LOL. I'll be quite happy anything north of 20kmpl, to be honest.
I wil be honest with you here. In city, Bonnie will give you 18-19kmpl and on highways, you will get a maximum of 24kmpl ( if your easy on the throttle)

Quote:
And that is how a bike purchase should be! It should make you smile every single time.
I rode entire Triumph stable except maybe a Speed Tripple. Each and every bike is awesome but, even after all those test rides iam very happy with Bonnie because its an "All Rounder" it can do city rides and highway rides with equal aplomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Don't you think the landscape has played it's part in your FE? What were the speeds you were doing? I still can't believe the FE figures you have mentioned.
Landscape was ghat sections, 2 lane roads, plenty of twisties so there were lot of gear changes etc. So shouldnt the FE go down? Even if your referring to atmospheric pressure change, FE can change maybe 10% but, not drastically

To give my own example, I got 15kmpl-16kmpl for first two tankful when I installed the Arrows but, now it has come back to original FE figures so iam pretty happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Let me know if you need any further input, will try to explain.
Thanks Pawan. Very well balanced and detailed review. You seem to be missing the Ninja 650

Quote:
Sir, I myself am amazed. The last time I rode a 48, and with no disrespect to HD owners because a motorcycle is a very personal preference, I started yawning within 15 minutes of riding. And on the same highway that I have absolute fun on, even on my puny 250. So, I had my reservations when it came to the Bonnie. But the moment I thumbed the starter, I knew this doesn't at all come in that category: probably just looks like it. Which reminds me, what fit and finish levels! A genuinely, and this is a tall claim, complete product from the Triumph stable..
HD shouldnt be compared to Triumph at all. One is an epitome of vibrations and another is for butter smoothness.

If you enjoying riding a bike and appreciate its performance more than its accessories/cult thing/Blingy chrome etc. You will enjoy the Bonnie

Quote:
However, I've the following queries:

1. How much of the wind blast would be masked in the Bonnie with the addition of a windscreen? (Say, the summer screen, not the longhaul one)

2. How's the engine heat felt at city speeds, since one is an air-cooled naked and the other is a liquid cooled faired.

3. How much better is the Ninja when it comes to ground clearance, given it has an underbelly exhaust?
Pawan has already replied, I will add my points :-

1. Agree with Pawan, windblast on the Bonnie is quite a bit but, thats not a hinderance for me as I bend down when iam at higher speeds. I havent contemplated getting a windscreen but, a fellow bonnie rider (Silver Bonnie SE) has got one and he is pretty happy with wind blast reduction

T100 has installed a high windscreen which i feel is just for show and I hated it. It actually deflects the wind onto the helmet and makes momentary vision loss and height is also at odd level for my height, I cannot bend to go behind it completely nor can sit erect to avoid the windscreen

2. Bonnie's dont heat up much at all in city riding. You will feel the heat only until 1st service. Post that heat is at acceptable limits

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th October 2014 at 15:05.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 08:19   #752
Distinguished - BHPian

Could this be true?

Iam using 32PSI (F) and 36PSI (Rear) and seems perfect for any road condition.

Any thoughts?

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20141008_193618.jpg
Old 10th October 2014, 09:00   #753
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Could this be true?

Pardon my ignorance, is that chart with the said mentioned tyre pressure with pillion or without pillion rider?

If it is only the rider, then expect the bike to bounce and ride hard. 41 psi at the rear seems a bit high.

Isn't there a placard for idea tyre pressures to be maintained?

Anurag.
Old 10th October 2014, 09:25   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Could this be true?

Any thoughts?

Attachment 1297304
I've been riding at 40 in the rear and it seems OK. I experimented with 36 but the ride was awful.
Old 10th October 2014, 09:28   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Avinash, just go by what the user manual says on the tyre pressure values.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:38   #756
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Could this be true?

Any thoughts?
Hi Avi,

What you are ridding with is the pressure as per the Owners handbook (unless the India specific HB says different). Why do you want to consider anything else ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 10th October 2014 at 11:39.
Old 10th October 2014, 17:44   #757
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Pardon my ignorance, is that chart with the said mentioned tyre pressure with pillion or without pillion rider? If it is only the rider, then expect the bike to bounce and ride hard. 41 psi at the rear seems a bit high.
Assuming its with pillion. Even then 40+ psi is crazily high for a small bike like Bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Avinash, just go by what the user manual says on the tyre pressure values.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
What you are ridding with is the pressure as per the Owners handbook (unless the India specific HB says different). Why do you want to consider anything else ?
Agree with you that I should just follow the owners manual and thats what I have been doing. I check air pressure every week

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I've been riding at 40 in the rear and it seems OK. I experimented with 36 but the ride was awful.
40 is too much Sid. I have been riding with 36R and 32F and Iam pretty happy with the results

P.S: Tomorrow we are riding to Medak Church via. the Narsapur forest for a total of 250kms.

I think tomorrow will be one of the biggest count of bikes (especially Triumph) in a ride. I think over 15+....Pics will come up post the ride
Old 12th October 2014, 10:31   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was probably one of the largest turnout of bikes during our saturday rides. I think 18-20 bikes, didnt count the actual number

We rode to Medak church through the Narsapur forest which is a 2-laned road for entire 100+ kms and has plenty of twisties and beautiful road to ride a motorcycle

After having a sumptious breakfast in Medak, we returned via. NH7 (Nagpur highway) which is a brilliant 4-lane highway and I like this one better than the Bangalore highway which is a plain jain boring almost straight highway

For first time, we had a couple of Street Tripples ( one of them owned by TBHPian-Dipant) and it was fun to ride with them and Bonnie's gave a tough fight to them

Duke 390 ridden by TBHPian Insearch was flying through the corners and was a pleasure to see this bumble bee take corners with such aplomb (Rider makes a lot of difference, me thinks)

Overall, it was wonderful to ride with so many motorcycle lovers !!!

Some camera pics (sorry about the quality)

Hint : Do you see something unique in the pics that looks orange colored
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080537.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080557.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080840.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080941.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_081110.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa013.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa019.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa023.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa026.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa034.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa036.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa040.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa043.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa044.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141011wa051.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 14:52   #759
DipantS

Thanks Avi for having me on this ride, this was my maiden ride with a group and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Expect me to be regular participant going forward.

And yes, Bonnies did gave a tough time to Striples, they are exceptionally engineered machines. Credit goes to exceptionally talented riders as well who made them glide through the air.
  (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 14:51   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

First modified (cosmetically) Bonnie that I laid my eyes on. This is owned by the service head of Triumph and since the dealership owns the Volvo dealership it was but obvious that he chose the Volvo orange to experiment on the new color

Rebel Motors are offering this paint service to their customers and still deciding what should be the pricing but, were given hints it could be around INR 10,000-INR 12,000 range

Looks lovely in person
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080649.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080710.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080518.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_080657.jpg  

Old 15th October 2014, 09:30   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Prettiest Bonnie in our group. Owner of this bike maintains it unbeilevably spic and span

Also, only time I regret picking up a black one is when I see this Bonnie
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141011_081041.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 21:28   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Prettiest Bonnie in our group. Owner of this bike maintains it unbeilevably spic and span

Also, only time I regret picking up a black one is when I see this Bonnie
Agreed. The bike looks as if it is just out of the showroom. How old is the bike?
Old 15th October 2014, 21:33   #763
BHPian

Totally love the color scheme on that orange Bonnie. Along with the pillion backrest, it kind of brings out the whole retro theme on it.

By the way, how was the 390 keeping up with the bigger bikes? Did the rider have to strain it too much on the straights? Asking with respect to roll-on acceleration and not absolute top speeds.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:07   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Agreed. The bike looks as if it is just out of the showroom. How old is the bike?
When I rode it I checked the odometer it was nearing 1500kms so almost brand new. But, this person maintains it really well.

Quote:
Totally love the color scheme on that orange Bonnie. Along with the pillion backrest, it kind of brings out the whole retro theme on it.
Looks much better in person. I personally didnt like the back-rest as it spoils the overall look of the Bonnie SE. I think it would look good on a T100

Quote:
By the way, how was the 390 keeping up with the bigger bikes? Did the rider have to strain it too much on the straights? Asking with respect to roll-on acceleration and not absolute top speeds.
It was keeping up quite well with bigger bikes and made me realize that its a fantastic machine
Old 16th October 2014, 11:22   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Assuming its with pillion. Even then 40+ psi is crazily high for a small bike like Bonnie
But it is a heavy bike also which does high speed and those tyres need that kind of inflation to give you good handling. Try with recommended Psi and see if there is a difference during your longer trips.

I am using company recommended Psi and more than 5-6 pounds from that makes a huge difference in handling.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks