Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2014, 16:24   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rash, I bought a black bike simply for one reason ( MODIFICATIONS)
Avinash,

Some more ideas for you Ring ! Ring ! 1982 Calling

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-fairing.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-fairing-2.jpg

Source Link - http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc251.htm

Besr Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 07:33   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Couldnt make out what is the modification to the engine panel? Any closer pic of same? 20K eh?

Isn't Ohlins the more popular option? Also, isnt it too early to opt for aftermarket suspensions? I mean, wouldnt you want to ride the bike first on stock set up and see what it lacks?

Can you share the website where you ordered these suspensions?

Personally speaking, I dont think suspension needs any upgrade as stock set up is almost perfect

Also, how about a ride report? (i.e), if your not planning to start your ownership thread anytime soon

Ram, fantastic to know that a Bonnie has already been to Ladakh !!!
Engine panel cover not yet arrived. I will replace them during first service. Ohlins need peridic service, service costs is around $200. Also base version which costs $600 only have preload adjustment, no dumping adjustment. While Ikon comes with both the option.

By the way my ride album is shared on Triumph India Facebook page.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 11:00   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Rash, I bought a black bike simply for one reason ( MODIFICATIONS)

If you look at any of the Bonnie mods, they look fabulous on a black as this base color can be experimented a lot with mods

It didnt happen in so many years. Its optimistic to hope it will happen anytime soon in future

So Rash, whats your next bike?

Unfortunately, no cafe racer type RVM's in black ; Just the chrome version
Totally agree with you Avi.. Any bike for that matter Black is the best and especially Bonnie looks a beast in this color.. Balck is the color i would go for as well ten times out of ten

Well, Dont know what is stopping them in merging the locks and giving a single key.. Hassle free and convinience more than anything.. sorely missed especially in our stop start traffic conditions and the fact that in our country these bikes are not always used for relaxed cruising holidays where it doesnt matter much

Moreover if Royal Enfield can reposition the gear lever to the conventional left, Harley can make a single lock for ignition and handle and provide lockable fuel cap in the STREET, then Triumph can and should follow suit

Which bike is the million dollar question.. Repenting selling the FZ1 nd repenting buying the IRON.. Dont want to repent again.. Though my mind is more or less made up on the Bonnie
Theres a news that Honda might launch the 4cylinder CB650 soon and something concrete might be announced by Diwali.. so just gazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Thanks Avi. I'm back on 10th. It would be the first time that I wouldn't carry my photography gear into Ladakh, but I felt that I can either soak in the ride or fiddle with the camera. I will however snap away with my handy phone whenever I can. I'm in good company though. There are a Tiger XC, a Caponord and a Duke 390 in the team. I'm the only 'sedan' in a bunch of 'suvs'
Amazing man.. Hope to this someday.. Has been a childhood dream of mine and always look upto people like you for inspiration

Have a wonderful trip and Ride safe man!! All the best
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 11:54   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Well, Dont know what is stopping them in merging the locks and giving a single key.. Hassle free and convinience more than anything.. sorely missed especially in our stop start traffic conditions and the fact that in our country these bikes are not always used for relaxed cruising holidays where it doesnt matter much

Moreover if Royal Enfield can reposition the gear lever to the conventional left, Harley can make a single lock for ignition and handle and provide lockable fuel cap in the STREET, then Triumph can and should follow suit

Theres a news that Honda might launch the 4cylinder CB650 soon and something concrete might be announced by Diwali..
Rash,

I have said this before. The reason is that the mandate for resuurecting Bonneville in 2008, was that the "retro" has to stay and it was not negotiable. The engineers took that very seriously and went ahead and delivered just that and nothing more. In the 1970s and 80s the bikes came with two different locks with one key or 2 keys.

The took it very seriously can be seen in the efforts that has gone in to making the "mock carburettor" cover they have provided for the EFI unit.

If you look at a Bonnie Engine and Bullet EFI Engine you get the feeling that something is "incomplete" in Bullet - that is because of the missing element of carburettor which we (my generation) expect in that place. You see our generation did not grow up with a lot of conveniences

Yes I too do wish, Triumph would make it a 1 key 2 locks option.

Triumph guys chose to stick with the 1970s and 1980s style for Bonnie and Classics as they had modern uptodate range for the people in the "now" world. That is all.

That is the info I have on this from my interactions with Triump's UK based engineers as well.

Now - I hope you tounge is "golden" when you are talking of CB 650. I will be one of the first to put down my money with Honda, the minute they give a serious indication. The pleasure of "in line four" is something I just love. I had a Night Hawk - CB 750 at one point, and still am regretting disposing it off. Can you please PM me if you have any other info on this

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 27th August 2014 at 11:55.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 12:07   #620
BHPian

On the subject of locking keys ....i hope they redesign a shorter key. I have managed to break one and bend the duplicate key while straightening the steering and key in the lock
Old 27th August 2014, 16:41   #621
BHPian

Not sure how a keyless entry on the bike would have felt. BTW, are there any superbikes around with this as a feature?
Old 27th August 2014, 17:13   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
Not sure how a keyless entry on the bike would have felt. BTW, are there any superbikes around with this as a feature?
Keyless entry on bikes has been there for a while now. Kawasaki was among the early makers on their Concours 14 since 2008. Now Harleys, Ducatis etc also have it. Although some of these bikes have a conventional key in the ignition hole, unless you have the FOB key in your pocket in close proximity of the bike, it wont start. Also you can leave the key on the bike and walk away as the key wont move without the FOB being close to the bike. When the battery cell dies in the FOB (it has a long life), you have an alternate battery-less FOB that can be used with some effort to temporarily start the bike till you replace the battery. If however on a ride you leave the FOB on a restaurant table nearby, the bike will start but as you get far from the FOB, the bike will run fine but will flash a warning on the dash telling you to look for the FOB! So better turn back orelse at your next destination the bike wont start and you will have to come back thru other transport means to fetch the FOB.

Good or bad thing for bikes?...dont know. I personally prefer things the old fashioned way, rather one less thing to go wrong on the bike!
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 09:20   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
On the subject of locking keys ....i hope they redesign a shorter key. I have managed to break one and bend the duplicate key while straightening the steering and key in the lock
Same here, I put handle lock key, then I decided to move a bike little in the parking lot, when straighten the handle bar, key was bent.
Old 28th August 2014, 10:29   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have managed to break one and bend the duplicate key while straightening the steering and key in the lock
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Same here, I put handle lock key, then I decided to move a bike little in the parking lot, when straighten the handle bar, key was bent.

Having learnt this bitter lesson many many moons ago on my RD 350 (managed to break one of the two originals and two cut duplicates, before the lesson was drilled in to my mind), I was lucky with Bonneville so far.

It's bothersome, I guess we have to live with it until the Britts decide to do it like they do on their other bikes.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 28th August 2014, 11:23   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Rash,

I have said this before. The reason is that the mandate for resuurecting Bonneville in 2008, was that the "retro" has to stay and it was not negotiable.

The took it very seriously can be seen in the efforts that has gone in to making the "mock carburettor" cover they have provided for the EFI unit.

Now - I hope you tounge is "golden" when you are talking of CB 650. I will be one of the first to put down my money with Honda, the minute they give a serious indication. The pleasure of "in line four" is something I just love. I had a Night Hawk - CB 750 at one point, and still am regretting disposing it off. Can you please PM me if you have any other info on this

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Sir you put it across very nicely i agree that these things are part of the Retro appeal but the least they could do is atleast provide the convinience of a single key even if they have to retain multiple locks

And the other posts of keys bending,breaking only means another 4-5k expense at the Triumph stable.. Btw are these keys normal and the kind which can be duplicated by road side locksmiths or more complicated than that and involve a visit to the showroom?

On the Honda CB 650F your guess is as good as mine.. Just going by the flurry of recent reports in the media and the fact that these bikes were displyed at the Auto Expo and being assembled in Thailand, hoping and keeping my fingers crossed

And i agree that there are very few things in life that can be more than thrilling than a japanese inline four under the Backside.. Pure bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Keyless entry on bikes has been there for a while now. Kawasaki was among the early makers on their Concours 14 since 2008. Now Harleys, Ducatis etc also have it.
Haroon, Dont the newer lot of BMW bikes (2014 models) have this feature?
Old 28th August 2014, 11:51   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw are these keys normal and the kind which can be duplicated by road side locksmiths or more complicated than that and involve a visit to the showroom?

As far as I know, all classics are having normal keys and can be easily copied on a copy lathe (key cutter).

Other models - I don't know

On behalf of Haroon - All BMW 2014 models (made after Jan 2104) are coming with keyless start feature - with key pod being nearby.

We had a funny incident on a group ride. Couple of guys had interchanged their bikes. Everytime one of them would go too far from the other the bike would just cut off. It happened couple of time, only then it dawned on us that the guys hadn't exchanged the key pods. Advancement of technology

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 28th August 2014 at 11:53.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:41   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
On behalf of Haroon - All BMW 2014 models (made after Jan 2104) are coming with keyless start feature - with key pod being nearby.

Its standard package with some of the models in the brands I mentioned whereas I did not mention BMW because, the 2012 K1600GTL we rode in the US and the 2014 R1200RT LC that we recently rode in Balkans, both had conventional keys (without keyless entry), but both had the remote central locking system for the sidecase/topcase/glovebox. I was told its an optional extra from BMW that you can order with your bike. Whereas on my own 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 its part of the standard package and has always been from its first model in 2007 (but on Kawasaki it wont stall the bike once started, but will flash the FOB missing msg on the dash). So technically, yes, the new BMW also have this feature.

Last edited by Haroon : 28th August 2014 at 13:51.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 14:19   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Keyless entry on bikes has been there for a while now.
Thanks for the wonderful explanation Haroon. It's more or less like how its on cars. However, it looks more a bother than a convenience. Reckon the perils of advanced technology

I too would prefer the key option

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Quote:
The handle lock key is extremely fragile and I never faced any problem till date but, thanks for this feedback. Will be attentive of this issue !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 15:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its standard package with some of the models in the brands I mentioned whereas I did not mention BMW because, the 2012 K1600GTL we rode in the US and the 2014 R1200RT LC that we recently rode in Balkans, both had conventional keys (without keyless entry), but both had the remote central locking system for the sidecase/topcase/glovebox. I was told its an optional extra from BMW that you can order with your bike. Whereas on my own 2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 its part of the standard package and has always been from its first model in 2007 (but on Kawasaki it wont stall the bike once started, but will flash the FOB missing msg on the dash). So technically, yes, the new BMW also have this feature.
Haroon,

You know the auto dealers in this part of the world. Specially brands like BMW and Merc etc, they are out to milk their clients dry.

So what happens here is that they bring out only top end packages mostly and as a consequence the 2014 Beemer bikes being sold here are all with the Keyless systems. Hence, my earler observation. I stand corrected.

Yes in Europe & US they tend to get minimum packages as well.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 28th August 2014 at 15:33.
Old 28th August 2014, 21:32   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Haroon,
You know the auto dealers in this part of the world. Specially brands like BMW and Merc etc, they are out to milk their clients dry.

So what happens here is that they bring out only top end packages mostly and as a consequence the 2014 Beemer bikes being sold here are all with the Keyless systems. Hence, my earler observation. I stand corrected.

Yes in Europe & US they tend to get minimum packages as well.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Fully agree Ram. Thats why the 2014 R1200GS Adventure in Bangalore sells for Rs 35 lacs OTR. Navneet have sold 5 of these GS bikes in July/Aug.

Any idea, does Triumph also give options on their CBU models like Explorer, Storm, Rocket etc or they just bring in one particular spec model?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks