Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:41   #601
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
One more Bonny from Pune. My bike all set to leave the showroom.

QUIZ - Find 5 modification done on the bike
Congratulations and welcome to the family of Bonnie/Triumph owners. Bike looks great. Wish you many many happy miles and years with her

Mods have been correctly identified already

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 15:21   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Congrats Pawan. That's a nice looking bike. You've changed the mirrors, the brake fluid cylinder, skid plate, chrome headers and switched the ignition to the right. Is that all?
Thanks... that was quick. I didn't realize someone will notice right side ignition and break fluid cylinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the family of Bonnie/Triumph owners. Bike looks great. Wish you many many happy miles and years with her

Mods have been correctly identified already

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks Ram.
Old 24th August 2014, 15:30   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks... that was quick. I didn't realize someone will notice right side ignition and brake fluid cylinder.

Thanks Ram.
Congrats! looks like the second silver one @ TBHP.

Why did u change the ignition and cylinder?
And can you share the cost involved?

Sold N650?
Old 25th August 2014, 07:10   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! looks like the second silver one @ TBHP.

Why did u change the ignition and cylinder?
And can you share the cost involved?

Sold N650?
Cylinder for the look and ignition for convinience. Also changing chrome engine cover. And looking for someone who can bring ohlins for the Bonnie from usa.

Yes Ninja sold.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 13:24   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Woah !!! I was on vacation for entire last week and travelling and when I return, pleased to see another Bonnie owner join the "Bonnie Bandwagon"

Quote:
Cylinder for the look and ignition for convinience. Also changing chrome engine cover. And looking for someone who can bring ohlins for the Bonnie from usa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! looks like the second silver one @ TBHP
Yeah. First one with spoke wheels and second one with an alloy. Nice Combo

Quote:
One more Bonny from Pune. My bike all set to leave the showroom.QUIZ - Find 5 modification done on the bike
Congratulations Pawan. It's a pleasant surprise. I was almost sure that you would buy the Tiger considering your test ride of it went off rather well.

Also, its fantastic to see that you opted for these modifications right off the showroom (otherwise Bonnie is a bike that can be ridden out of the showroom without paying any Triumph Tax)

That silver skid plate on a silver bonnie looks fabulous. Wish I can say the same for a black skid plate on a black bonnie

Can you share the cost of each of those modifications and also feedback of utility and performance of each of them (especially the rear view mirrors)? If not in public, would appreciate a PM

Finally, please do share your story via. your ownership report with lots of pictures

P.S: Please refer to it as a "Bonnie" not Bonny (typically referred to a cute & plump infant)

Quote:
Avi,Could you check with the rider of the silver Bonnie with the skid plate, if this accessory effectively lowers the ground clearance drastically? I find the 17" wheels bring the standard Bonnie dangerously close to Sportster levels over particularly nasty bumps
I did check with the owner and he confirmed on your concern. Apparently, it does lower the GC to some extent but, not as drastic as 6-7mm maybe 2-3mm is what he mentioned. Not sure how you actually guage to the mm levels..Haha!

Anyways, his view is it's better for the skid plate to scrape the ground than being unprotected

But, since I know that you have already opted for it. Feedback please?
Old 25th August 2014, 18:05   #606
BHPian

I got the black skid plate after trying on the silver as well. In my mind, the silver kind of made it look butch-er in the same way plastic cladding makes an off roader of an Etios. While tempted, I stuck with the camouflaged look of the black plate. In a brief ride since then, I think my fears were unfounded. The bike breaches the common culprit bumps in my area without scraping. However, the acid test would be where I bought it for - Leh. I'm anticipating some grinds on water crossings, but better the plate than the frame or sump I say. Also fitted on a dresser bar for chance spills. It doesn't look as bad as I anticipated and in fact makes the ride look slightly bigger/substantial from some angles. One nice surprise was to find the fork reflectors you see in US Bonnies, in the DB package. I promptly slapped then on and I think they look quite nice. Oh btw, the gas mileage is back where it belongs and I'm still riding with baffles on. Cheers!
SUVolens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 09:44   #607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the black skid plate after trying on the silver as well. In my mind, the silver kind of made it look butch-er in the same way plastic cladding makes an off roader of an Etios. While tempted, I stuck with the camouflaged look of the black plate.
I was slightly tempted to look at silver skid plate for a black bonnie but, i dont think asthetically it may not look as good as it looks on a silver bike

Perhaps, iam the only Bonnie owner (apart from Ram, ofcourse) whose bike is "Bone Stock" not a single accessory added till date

Quote:
In a brief ride since then, I think my fears were unfounded. The bike breaches the common culprit bumps in my area without scraping. However, the acid test would be where I bought it for - Leh. I'm anticipating some grinds on water crossings, but better the plate than the frame or sump I say. Also fitted on a dresser bar for chance spills. It doesn't look as bad as I anticipated and in fact makes the ride look slightly bigger/substantial from some angles.
Thanks for this feedback. Hope it works well even for your Ladhak trip. When is this trip planned?

Quote:
One nice surprise was to find the fork reflectors you see in US Bonnies, in the DB package. I promptly slapped then on and I think they look quite nice. Oh btw, the gas mileage is back where it belongs and I'm still riding with baffles on. Cheers!
Can you share some pictures of your bike (with close ups of the fork reflectors? Did you buy at dealership?)

FE
Old 26th August 2014, 10:21   #608
BHPian

Congrats Pawan. The bike looks amazing. The mods actually make it look butch. Always thought Black was the color to go for in a Bonnie but the pic of your bike might give 2nd thoughts to many people here.

Never knew you could just switch the direction of the ignition switch as per convenience
The same way is it not possible to just bring it to centre along with the handle lock?
Also any news on whether Triumph is planning to merge both the locks with one key on future lot of Bikes?

I think you should also go for the Rpm meter. That will complete the look of the bike. Have you installed Arrows exhausts as well? Please post the cost of all these.

Avi, if similar type of Cafe Racer mirrors are available in black, you should go for them. Will definitely suit your bike and a black skid plate as well.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2014 at 11:16. Reason: Please quote text properly..removed the quote tags...
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 10:25   #609
BHPian

I leave tomorrow Avi. I'll snap some in the morning when I'm strapping on my luggage and share.
Old 26th August 2014, 11:39   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Always thought Black was the color to go for in a Bonnie but the pic of your bike might give 2nd thoughts to many people here.
Rash, I bought a black bike simply for one reason ( MODIFICATIONS)

If you look at any of the Bonnie mods, they look fabulous on a black as this base color can be experimented a lot with mods

Iam in no hurry to do any mods but, when I get bored (if ever) with its stock looks then I plan to do some basic mods

Having said that, Silver is also a big hit and look gorgeous. Iam personally not a fan of 2-tone as neither riding gear nor mods go well with that color combo

Quote:
Never knew you could just switch the direction of the ignition switch as per convenience
The same way is it not possible to just bring it to centre along with the handle lock?
Actually the ignition on left is quite unique and invokes big eyed stares at traffic lights ( for some reason i never use the kill switch) and even iam wondering the utility of moving to right side. If it had been in center console then it makes sense

Iam keen to understand the cost of this change from Pawan

Quote:
Also any news on whether Triumph is planning to merge both the locks with one key on future lot of Bikes?
It didnt happen in so many years. Its optimistic to hope it will happen anytime soon in future

Quote:
I think you should also go for the Rpm meter. That will complete the look of the bike. Have you installed Arrows exhausts as well? Please post the cost of all these.
Agree. Tacho + Arrows is the ONLY must have items in my checklist

So Rash, whats your next bike?

Quote:
Avi, if similar type of Cafe Racer mirrors are available in black, you should go for them. Will definitely suit your bike and a black skid plate as well.
Unfortunately, no cafe racer type RVM's in black ; Just the chrome version

Quote:
I leave tomorrow Avi. I'll snap some in the morning when I'm strapping on my luggage and share.
WOW !! Didnt think it was that soon. Wonderful Subhashish. Iam glad to see the first Bonnie trip to Ladhak. Look forward to a detailed report with lot of pictures on your return...

Please document as much information as possible in terms of routes & bike's performance

Enjoy your ride and be safe !! When are you back?

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2014 at 11:41.
Old 26th August 2014, 12:10   #611
BHPian

Thanks Avi. I'm back on 10th. It would be the first time that I wouldn't carry my photography gear into Ladakh, but I felt that I can either soak in the ride or fiddle with the camera. I will however snap away with my handy phone whenever I can. I'm in good company though. There are a Tiger XC, a Caponord and a Duke 390 in the team. I'm the only 'sedan' in a bunch of 'suvs'
Old 26th August 2014, 13:36   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SUV,

Wish you all the best. Come back with lots of pictures and all. Ride Safe and Have fun

Remember journey should be enjoyed more than the destination

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

WOW !! Didnt think it was that soon. Wonderful Subhashish. Iam glad to see the first Bonnie trip to Ladhak. Look forward to a detailed report with lot of pictures on your return...
Not to take away anything from SUV's ride, but it has been done already by bro Naveen B from BRATS.

Couple of pics from the BRATS What'sup

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-triumph-leh-ride-1.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-triumph-leh-ride2.jpg

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:26   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Pawan. It's a pleasant surprise. I was almost sure that you would buy the Tiger considering your test ride of it went off rather well.

That silver skid plate on a silver bonnie looks fabulous. Wish I can say the same for a black skid plate on a black bonnie

Can you share the cost of each of those modifications and also feedback of utility and performance of each of them (especially the rear view mirrors)? If not in public, would appreciate a PM

P.S: Please refer to it as a "Bonnie" not Bonny (typically referred to a cute & plump infant)
Could have opted for Tiger but seat height is at higher side, can't handle it.

Sorry, many have requested the cost, but it was skipped from my mind. Right now I dont remember exact cost for some items but it was 100-200 INR here and there from below mentioned AROUND price.

Metal front break fluid cylinder - Around 4000

Mirror are very convenient and gives nice rear view, disadvantage is now bike need more space in the traffic - Exact 5400/-

Chrome cylinder head - Around 6200

Chrome Engine panels - Around 20,000

Skid Plate - Exact 5400 - What I have done, asked showroom guys to hold both the skid plate one by one and than decided which one to buy.

For ignition key I just asked them to replace the coupler position, right to left and vice versa, and headlight upside down . Right hand is more convenient for inserting key.

Ordered this windscreen My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-bcc142.jpg - http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc142.htm

Also ordering rear suspension, Ikon 7610 for around $350 to $400 custom order.

Wanted to order Keyless Start/Stop ignition button but warranty will be void so dropped it.

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 26th August 2014 at 14:28.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 15:39   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Couldnt make out what is the modification to the engine panel? Any closer pic of same? 20K eh?

Quote:
Also ordering rear suspension, Ikon 7610 for around $350 to $400 custom order
Isn't Ohlins the more popular option? Also, isnt it too early to opt for aftermarket suspensions? I mean, wouldnt you want to ride the bike first on stock set up and see what it lacks?

Can you share the website where you ordered these suspensions?

Personally speaking, I dont think suspension needs any upgrade as stock set up is almost perfect

Also, how about a ride report? (i.e), if your not planning to start your ownership thread anytime soon

Ram, fantastic to know that a Bonnie has already been to Ladakh !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2014 at 15:40.
Old 26th August 2014, 16:08   #615
BHPian

Ram, thanks a bunch. Both for the wishes and the info that a Bonnie's done this already. I was a bit apprehensive.

Most Viewed