Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 16:34   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
A trial run and the trip back to my office in Gurgaon reveals an all new character to the Arrow'd Clyde! Smooth like I'd never imagined and an acceleration that tells me I checked all the right boxes when picking up these sweet pipes. The idling burble has a softer note to it too. Probably the long ride back home would reveal more.
This is what I was mentioning when I test rode the Arrowed Bonnie here in Hyd. It was perfectly tuned and didnt showcase any of the hiccuping symptoms that you mentioned.

Looks like they finally got you the right map and settings

Do share regular updates on Arrows ( and, especially a request to keep an eye on that FE and let me know if it has improved)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUVolens View Post
Thanks for making me welcome Avi, and I'm glad you enjoyed the previews. The T-Bird would suit you to a er..T, having seen your pictures on this forum In fact, you tend to dwarf the Bonnie a bit. Here's to the tusker then
Yup, Iam an american-sized guy born in India and aspiring to own a british cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
It's raining Bonnies and Clydes here on teambhp. Expect yet another thread soon. Any name suggestions?
Congratulations Sid. Welcome to the wonderful world of Bonnie'fication. You couldnt wait for Mumbai monsoons to end..eh?

Which Bonnie you finally picked up? SE or T100, Some teaser pics please?

Look forward to a full blown ownership report ASAP !!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th August 2014 at 16:36.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 19:59   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Sid. Welcome to the wonderful world of Bonnie'fication. You couldnt wait for Mumbai monsoons to end..eh?

Which Bonnie you finally picked up? SE or T100, Some teaser pics please?

Look forward to a full blown ownership report ASAP !!!!
Yup. Patience has never been my strong point. Bike has not been registered yet so haven't taken delivery.

I got the SE, given that it was 1. Cheaper and 2. It's been panned here and everywhere and honestly I didn't want to spend a whole 1 lakh more for a tachometer and spoked wheels. I like the understated looks of the black, which will make parking it unattended a whole lot easier. I had the option of being the first to buy the new blue-on-white but in my opinion, that color just screams out ``touch-me-I'm-expensive-to-drop-and-so-worth-wasting-two-minutes-to-poke-and-prod-me-till-I-fall-down." (No offense to anyone) So that was ruled out. So another black Bonne comes home here.

A full ownership report when I move beyond Vahan and virtual ownership to the real deal. And besides, I couldn't even compete with the magnum opus that you've managed to put together so why even bother!
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 08:54   #573
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the SE, given that it was 1. Cheaper and 2. It's been panned here and everywhere and honestly I didn't want to spend a whole 1 lakh more for a tachometer and spoked wheels. I like the understated looks of the black, which will make parking it unattended a whole lot easier.
Hmmm. Actually I loved the looks of aT100 a lot and suited my physique better as its larger frame than Bonnie SE. Only issue was if it had rode like SE i would have bought that as I had no budget issues

Bought the Bonnie SE and mighty glad with my decision

my personal reason for choosing black is it's a perfect color for future customizations and if you check out the Bonniefication website. Blacks are the most popular color for all mods

Also check out their "Archives" section and see the magic you can do to supposedly plaid looking Bonnies

http://www.bonnefication.com/

Quote:
I had the option of being the first to buy the new blue-on-white
Is this a new color or the existing blue and white combination?

Quote:
And besides, I couldn't even compete with the magnum opus that you've managed to put together so why even bother!

Here is one Bonnie I like from the Bonnie'fication website. There are so many good looking Bonnie's out there, it's rather complex to find one that suits your personality

But, I think I like this simple and classy looking one to begin with and work my way upwards.....

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-22_05_2013_ellsapede_triumph_bonneville_01.jpg
Old 8th August 2014, 15:47   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm. Actually I loved the looks of aT100 a lot and suited my physique better as its larger frame than Bonnie SE. Only issue was if it had rode like SE i would have bought that as I had no budget issues

Bought the Bonnie SE and mighty glad with my decision
I didn't get a chance to ride the T100 and while budget isn't an issue, the home ministry is. As it is, I'm getting grief for making the payment without permission. Let's see how that pans out.

Quote:
Also check out their "Archives" section and see the magic you can do to supposedly plaid looking Bonnies

http://www.bonnefication.com/

Is this a new color or the existing blue and white combination?
It's a new color. It's the inverted version of the existing blue and white combination, which has been discontinued.

Quote:
Here is one Bonnie I like from the Bonnie'fication website. There are so many good looking Bonnie's out there, it's rather complex to find one that suits your personality

But, I think I like this simple and classy looking one to begin with and work my way upwards.....

Attachment 1271948
Urgh. Customization will wait. First I need to get it fully approved for longer rides. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to use as a commuter and nothing more. Will get your advice (offline) on how to manage partners, given that you managed to get your wife to buy it for you
Old 9th August 2014, 16:27   #575
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally my "Cortech Latigo Air Boots" which I ordered online has arrived from US of A

Great quality, Superb looker and Supremely comfortable.

A short report of how they performed during a short 60kms ride this morning coming up soon
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_074618_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_074658_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_074550_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_074646_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_074725_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140809_110410.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 21:29   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Finally my "Cortech Latigo Air Boots" which I ordered online has arrived from US of A
Look good, mate. Cost and source ordered from, please ?
Old 10th August 2014, 13:18   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Look good, mate. Cost and source ordered from, please ?
I ordered it from Revzilla and it costed $153

It's a very popular boot and has fantastic reviews which you can read here :-

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...o-air-rr-boots

Ok, my personal take on "Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots after a 60kms ride with these on

Comfort : Uncover the velcro which is for entire zip which itself goes until almost sole of the boot which makes slipping in your foot quite easy. Size 12 was perfect and before ordering I was hesitant and even contemplated 12.5 but, glad I stuck to 12 as its perfect.

Within 10 mins, they felt like normal boots and there is no stiffness or awkwardness that I was sure would be there considering its a proper riding boots. I can walk around in this shoes the whole day, No problemo

Even the zipper can be tucked away in a corner as it has velcro so it doesnt flap around in the wind

Performance & Protection: Proper riding boots give you a different level of confidence and I realized it within few minutes into the ride. I could bend with more confidence at corners and not worry about scraping my foot off.

Protection is awesome with reinforcements for important areas like ankle, shin, toe and heel.

Looks : These look as good or better than a SIDI at half their price with almost similar features

Quality : For this reasonable price, quality is surprisingly good and everything feels premium.

Overall, Iam happy with my purchase
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 23:01   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. Patience has never been my strong point. Bike has not been registered yet so haven't taken delivery.

I got the SE, given that it was 1. Cheaper and 2. It's been panned here and everywhere and honestly I didn't want to spend a whole 1 lakh more for a tachometer and spoked wheels. I like the understated looks of the black, which will make parking it unattended a whole lot easier. I had the option of being the first to buy the new blue-on-white but in my opinion, that color just screams out ``touch-me-I'm-expensive-to-drop-and-so-worth-wasting-two-minutes-to-poke-and-prod-me-till-I-fall-down." (No offense to anyone) So that was ruled out. So another black Bonne comes home here.

A full ownership report when I move beyond Vahan and virtual ownership to the real deal. And besides, I couldn't even compete with the magnum opus that you've managed to put together so why even bother!
I Djpeesh, congrats for the new bonnie. Thats a nice choice. I wanted to book by Bonnie SE and i was confused on what colours to choose from. I wanted to take a Blue on white version, but you have given me one more perspective to it. Btw, in bangalore i could not see blue and white piece at display.

Does it really look better than the black one. I am not really a guy looking for mods. If that being the case, is blue over white a decent choice. Your honest comments appreciated.
ru153 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2014, 13:36   #579
BHPian

Hi SUVolens, could you let me know what are your FE figures now that you have fixed the earlier issues of tuning?

ru153, I personally find white and blue [the old combo] sex on wheels and I am sure the reverse blue on white would give the same feeling as well. I have a white and blue one but I guess it all boils down to what you personally like when you see a bonnie in terms of color and just pick that .
Old 12th August 2014, 17:02   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hi SUVolens, could you let me know what are your FE figures now that you have fixed the earlier issues of tuning?
Hi Sanket,

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride the bike long enough after the remap, to figure out the current efficiency. But I know its better than before. The last tankful evaporated in 141 kms as against 280 odd kms originally.
Going by the smoothness in the rev-range and the linear acceleration now, I think things will be back to a healthy 23-24 kmpl I used to get before the Arrows. I'll post details once I'm back on the saddle and up for a fresh tankful.

Cheers!
Old 12th August 2014, 23:12   #581
BHPian

How addictive is addictive? 60 clicks in 2 hours. I planned to go home after picking her up. Instead, I went on a long ride. Won't hijack mobike's thread any further. Watch this space!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-1407865342619.jpg  

Last edited by djpeesh : 12th August 2014 at 23:24.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 13:44   #582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru153 View Post
I Djpeesh, congrats for the new bonnie. Thats a nice choice. I wanted to book by Bonnie SE and i was confused on what colours to choose from.
Color is a very individual choice and I doubt anyone can give you a recommendation on it.

You can go to Triumph website and see the new "Inverted" blue against white combination. If you like that, you can buy that.

Quote:
How addictive is addictive? 60 clicks in 2 hours. I planned to go home after picking her up. Instead, I went on a long ride. Won't hijack mobike's thread any further. Watch this space!
Congrats. Look forward to your ownership thread (which I know you have already started)

Please go through Assembly Line guidelines in detail and once you update your thread accordingly, we can move it back to open forum

And, oh yeah, do share lot of pictures. I hope my thread has given you sufficient inspiration of emptying the SD card here on the forum
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 22:02   #583
BHPian

Hi Mobike008,

I didn't know that new color is launched. In blore I have seen a handful of blacks and few blue n white. Let me check n get back to u buddy!!
Old 14th August 2014, 10:05   #584
BHPian

I was informed that the Triumph bikes do not come with a standard toolkit as part of the bike purchase. All that one gets is an Allen key.

Fellow Riders: Do you recommend any after market toolkit purchase? I dread the thought of having a stranded bike with an Allen key at hand.

Mobike008: Any feedback that you had on this with your rides?
Old 14th August 2014, 10:13   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
I was told that as part of the regular toolkit one expects with the bikes, all we get is an allen key.

My question to the forum is, how useful/less is the fact that Triumph does not provide a standard toolkit with the purchase?

Mobike008: Have you heard any crib stories about the lack of toolkit among fellow Bonnie owners?
live&ride

To understand better where you are coming from with this question and to answer you better, can we know what is your current ride and what did you get as the "standard tool kit", when you bought it ?

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks