Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2014, 19:23   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
But helmet doesnt match with the bike mobike008, my suggestion would be buy in black background color
Iam not sure what you mean by helmet not matching a bike? Like choice of colors for cars and bikes choosing a helmet for a bike is also equally subjective and there is no such thing as a specific helmet is for a specific bike. E.G:- I see people on a blue bike wearing a florescent green helmet

For example, here in US I see all Harley guys wearing only those hat type of helmets which seems to be like a harley tradition, so does it mean that full face helmets are not meant for Harleys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
A true blood Rossi fan are we? I am a bit with Pawan on the colour scheme. Find it a bit too loud for a Bonne.
I agree graphics are particularly flashy with respect to a Bonnie. But, then that's my individual style and I normally don't have the habit of following a herd

I wanted a contrast helmet for my black bike and these graphics are simply beautiful. And, I know I will stand out like a sore thumb from a mile away from style and safety perspective

Oh yeah. Big fan of Rossi from as long back as I can remember

Quote:
The visor is amazing and the shape of the helmet is to die for. Looks like you have already made the purchase.
Yes. Helmet and Visor is already purchased

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th July 2014 at 19:26.
Old 19th July 2014, 10:40   #527
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely mobike. To each is his own. Still a fabulous purchase and not amongst the ordinary hoods we find here.

Also loved your chrome lid for the Maroon Marauder. Hope you've still got that one.
Old 19th July 2014, 11:42   #528
BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" comes home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Comparison Report of the Triumph Bonneville SE vs. Triumph Bonneville T100

Handling-Wise
Never knew 2" can make such a huge difference and all of us who rode it immediately felt it.

SE handles much better than T100 and its flickability is a major difference as you cannot throw T100 in corners with same agility as you can on the SE. Handle bar is wider and lower in T100 and I personally didn’t like it. SE handle bar according to me is in perfect position for that bike

Take your pick- A good looking bonnie vs. better handling stealth bonnie in sheep's clothing!!!
A friend of mine got himself a cream and gold T100 and I took it for a fairly extensive ride last evening. I had read this comment and had the same opinion. How much difference can an increased front tire, slightly increased weight, a slightly increased rake and trail and an increased wheelbase make?

At the risk of ruffling feathers, it kills a fantastic bike.

First of all, the handlebar position is just not right. Avi is fairly tall and he thought it was low. I'm only about 5' 7" and I thought it was not right either. Too low and a wee bit too forward. The handling is completely dead. The front feels heavy, heavy, heavy. And dull. You might think that it will improve as you speed up but it just doesn't. You can't change direction like the stock Bonnie, you can't attack corners like the stock Bonnie. You can probably motor along in a straight line like the stock Bonnie. And if you are a shorter rider, the lower Bonnie feels so much more assured and planted.

Admittedly the T100 is gorgeous but here is the thing about looks. You will stop noticing the extra chrome and the beautiful pea shooter exhausts in about a week. You will never stop noticing the way the bike rides and handles and the T100 is inferior to the stock Bonnie in every way on that front.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 12:01   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also loved your chrome lid for the Maroon Marauder. Hope you've still got that one.
I still have the Chrome lid and I had painstakingly searched for it to match my Chrome and Maroon Bullet. I wont be throwing that away in a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
At the risk of ruffling feathers, it kills a fantastic bike.

First of all, the handlebar position is just not right. Avi is fairly tall and he thought it was low. I'm only about 5' 7" and I thought it was not right either. Too low and a wee bit too forward. The handling is completely dead. The front feels heavy, heavy, heavy. And dull. You might think that it will improve as you speed up but it just doesn't. You can't change direction like the stock Bonnie, you can't attack corners like the stock Bonnie. You can probably motor along in a straight line like the stock Bonnie. And if you are a shorter rider, the lower Bonnie feels so much more assured and planted.
Ranjit, Iam glad to know that your feedback after riding the T100 is exactly similar to mine. I rode the T100 for as much as 300-400kms till date (most of it during the Bangy ride) and I always itch to go back to Bonnie SE. During the Bangy ride, even those long sweeping turns which is so darn easy on the Bonnie SE was little uncomfortable on T100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Admittedly the T100 is gorgeous but here is the thing about looks. You will stop noticing the extra chrome and the beautiful pea shooter exhausts in about a week. You will never stop noticing the way the bike rides and handles and the T100 is inferior to the stock Bonnie in every way on that front.
Your absolutely right about looks becoming secondary after a short while.

If I was looking to buy a bike just for it's looks and wow factor, I would have bought the Iron 883 or T100

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st July 2014 at 12:02.
Old 22nd July 2014, 07:39   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Whew !! Iam back after a 2 weeks whirlwind trip across the US.

Due to my tight work committments I had little time in between to go shopping for gear. I did check out a few local stores in Seattle, DC, NYC and Cycle Gear in Boston but, I realized that store purchase is very expensive but, at same time you cannot take the risk of ordering online as I tried atleast 5 different brands in riding pants (First gear, Icon, Revit, Bilt and finally Joe Rocket was a decent fit but still lengthy)

Besides the sizing issue, store purchase is darn expensive and same stuff you get atleast 20% lower online.

I had few hours to catch the flight and I drove 35 miles one way to a shady looking place called Brockton outside of Boston and picked up this JR Phoenix 3.0 pants which was $165 but, available online for $135 but, i was in a hurry so picked it up nevertheless

Have made up my mind to pick up the Cortech Latigo Air Boots but, none of these stores have it in stock as its a fast moving boots so iam going to get it when someone from family is visiting early next month along with my swapped AGV Jacket

But, I have to confess the Joe Rocket pant's quality is simply outstanding and has good protection all over and look like they are indestructable. Worth the money

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140721_072624_edit.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140721_072706_edit.jpg

Also picked up the dual Sena SMH 10 headset for a mouthwatering price

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140717_210335_edit.jpg
Old 27th July 2014, 17:57   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, a few of us went for a short ride of a total of 175kms to our favorite breakfast joint "HillPark" on the Bangalore highway

JKDAS (D-BHPian) was in town and we met on Friday evening for haleem crawl ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3489571) and got back home around 1am

During the eating expedition, JK mentioned he wanted to join our ride and would like to ride my bullet and I was happy to lend him my bull for this ride

We were a total of 5 bikes ( 3 Bonnies, 1 Ninja 250 and Maroon Marauder)

For me personally this ride was more to test my new helmet and riding pants

Helmet : Was a bit tight initially but, seems like its slowly breaking in and should be fine after a few more rides

Riding Pants : They fit me nice but, are little baggy and biggest concern is the knee armour is slipping below my knee and there seems no way to hold it firmly on knee cap as i have to physically pull it up but, slids down the moment iam off the bike. Not happy about this

Met some other Ninja riders ( who joined our previous rides) at Hillpark and one of them now has bought himself a Speed Tripple. What a mean machine. I like this better than the Street Tripple

Jkdas also rode my Bonnie and Iam waiting to hear his views on same !!!

Overall it was a nice short ride and I enjoyed the Onion Utthapam after a long time..LOL!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_07_04_pro_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_03_05_pro.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_07_40_pro.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140726wa028_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_10_38_pro.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140726_082407_edit.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:43   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iam not sure what you mean by helmet not matching a bike?
Oh yeah. Big fan of Rossi from as long back as I can remember
Almost same pinch here Mobike. Got myself the agv k3 rossi helmet. Oh also ended up buying a monster.
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-image-4.jpeg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-image_1.jpeg
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 11:56   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Almost same pinch here Mobike. Got myself the agv k3 rossi helmet. Oh also ended up buying a monster.
Thats cool Maddy. Is that a Rossi 7 Continents Helmet? Did you source it in Bangalore?

Also, the Ducati Monster looks really awesome in black. When did you get it? Do you have an ownership thread running on the forum?
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 12:04   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats cool Maddy. Is that a Rossi 7 Continents Helmet? Did you source it in Bangalore?

Also, the Ducati Monster looks really awesome in black. When did you get it? Do you have an ownership thread running on the forum?
No thread yet. Just updated on the north america thread with it. Am located in phx and was getting this for a good deal used. These are the K3 5 continents one. Got it from cyclegear. First time buying it so preferred the store route.

the helmet:
http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/S...Helmet/p/44110

My first post after which things went wild on this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3476120
Old 28th July 2014, 14:26   #535
Senior - BHPian

@ Avi; many thanks for the bike(s) apart from arranging the meaty meet and Saturday ride.

It was so easy to decide on what bike I wanted; one that would give me confidence with respect to braking, handling and ride quality.

Loved the Street 750; great power ( I felt it to be more powerful than Iron883 too). Thanks to its low height, i found it easy while parking etc. Sadly, thats all I can say about Street 750. Braking wasnt confident inspiring and 'U' turns diameter wasnt of my liking not seating position. And no potato potato :(. It was like a Honda/Suzuki.

I am fan of SuperLow not Iron! Would have bought it if it had more ground clearance in its stock version. I know its livable for many with the 100mm ( even met a rider who had done 6000kms in 1 and half years ; great coz he is at sea for every 6 months!).

My take on Iron883-I expected more power with Iron ( since I had already TD'd the Street); I was disappointed! This though gave me confidence coz this means its easier to tame. I actually felt more comfortable on the Iron than the Street within city. Ride quality isnt bad as some people complain. I expected gear changes (up/down) to be smooth like the Street but this was scaring me. Gear shifts felt so loud and as if it would break something inside the engine. I am used to RE's but this isnt what an 8lac bike should do ( maybe a personal thing). Or maybe this and the vibes is what it connects you and the machine.

Bonnie; well, I could ride it like I knew it within 30 sec of getting on it. It brakes good, can fly over small humps/potholes, and had enough power to keep me happy. I should thank avi for not missing the potholes during his ride with me on the Bonnie since it proved that its shock absorbers works well even with 2 on board and one over sized

What would Arrows etc do of all made silent bikes ? Stock Bonnies sounds more like a small car which I loved but it wont turn any heads. I am also not sure how much of this muted sound you would hear with a helmet on. My suggestion ( till I hear a Bonnie with Arrows on) is this...

Thats Mani's T100 on which I got a ride till Avi's home.

Adding few pic of me with Bonnies and Avi's Bull.
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_05_21_pro-large.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_07_05_36_pro-large.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_06_24_56_pro-large.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-wp_20140726_06_30_58_pro-large.jpg  

Last edited by jkdas : 28th July 2014 at 14:28.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2014, 14:49   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
@ Avi; many thanks for the bike(s) apart from arranging the meaty meet and Saturday ride.
Your welcome. It was a pleasure to have you with us both for the Haleem crawl as well as the ride next morning

Quote:
It was so easy to decide on what bike I wanted; one that would give me confidence with respect to braking, handling and ride quality.
That's a pretty ambiguous comment. So which bike you want?

Quote:
Loved the Street 750; great power ( I felt it to be more powerful than Iron883 too). Thanks to its low height, i found it easy while parking etc. Sadly, thats all I can say about Street 750
I havent rode the HD 750 yet. I plan to arrive at the Harley showroom one weekend on my Bonnie and request for a test ride.

Do you think they will offer me one? LOL !!!

Quote:
My take on Iron883-I expected more power with Iron ( since I had already TD'd the Street); I was disappointed! This though gave me confidence coz this means its easier to tame. I actually felt more comfortable on the Iron than the Street within city. Ride quality isnt bad as some people complain. I expected gear changes (up/down) to be smooth like the Street but this was scaring me. Gear shifts felt so loud and as if it would break something inside the engine. I am used to RE's but this isnt what an 8lac bike should do ( maybe a personal thing). Or maybe this and the vibes is what it connects you and the machine.
Well, Iron 883 didnt tick any of these important boxes :-

1. Power
2. Handling
3. Ride

It just ticked one box for me :-

I looked damn good on it

Quote:
Bonnie; well, I could ride it like I knew it within 30 sec of getting on it. It brakes good, can fly over small humps/potholes, and had enough power to keep me happy. I should thank avi for not missing the potholes during his ride with me on the Bonnie since it proved that its shock absorbers works well even with 2 on board and one over sized
I wanted you to experience the whole bike and some of those potholes were unavoidable and was not showing off my bike...LOL!

Quote:
What would Arrows etc do of all made silent bikes ? Stock Bonnies sounds more like a small car which I loved but it wont turn any heads.
With Arrows installed, it can give the V&H and Screaming Eagles competition in sound department for sure
Old 28th July 2014, 19:14   #537
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

Can I please please say "I told you so" ! even if it may be premature, as you have other bikes to ride.

Bet Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 28th July 2014 at 19:15.
Old 31st July 2014, 22:28   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Can I please please say "I told you so" ! even if it may be premature, as you have other bikes to ride.

Bet Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Only other bike I have in my radar is the Street. Well, budget can be an issue even for Bonnie as of today but when I am ready, it would be between these two.

Avi showed me how good it can handle and I think thats enough to keep me happy.

@ Avi, get those Arrows soon
Old 3rd August 2014, 09:46   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

I reckon a short intro of folks who joined this ride with a small update followed by pics should be a nice way to share this awesome ride report

Mobike008

Mani (T100)_Non TBHPian

I think this young kid deserves an introduction which was pending from long. This 24yr old joins for every ride and takes his riding very seriously. I get astounded that at his age, he's got at a pretty matured head on his shoulders and rides fantastic and never overspeeds and follows all rules and beileves in sticking to the back.

Wish all guys his age can ride like him. And, also wish I had such a lovely indulgent father like his who gives him whatever he wants related to a bike ( he toohappens to be a Bullet and Norton enthusiast and they have 3 of them)

Amar (Hyosung GT500)_Non TBHPian

This spicejet pilot rides like he flies his planes. Fast in the air and also on the ground

Sanket Desai (Bonnie owner but, decided drive in his XUV with his family)

Rider60 (Yash)

One of the oldest TBHPians (joined in 2007) and rides the Ninja250. He spent an amount almost equivalent of the cost of his bike on his gear. We all used to get scared whenever we have a pitstop as he would take the whole day to undress and dress up as his gear protects every part of his body. And, all of it's "Dainese" so you can imagine it may have emptied Yash's pocket

Srisailam ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srisailam) ride is always touted as one of the best rides ever because of the amazing beauty of the entire route as well as the actual destination itself.

I normally make it a point to visit Srisailam atleast once a year along with family or with friends and typically during or just after monsoons as that entire stretch becomes completely green and extremely beautiful and we usually plan when the dam gates are open and Srisailam dam ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srisailam_Dam ) being the 3rd largest dam in the country is a sight to behold when the water is gushing out of gates

If you look at some of the pictures where we are standing and can see the dam gates. When those gates are open you cannot stand their as the waters come flush right at you with tremendous force.

Initially, our entire group was gung-ho about the ride to Srisailam but, some of them were particular that they would come only if they stay back and opted out at last minute as they couldnt get booking at AP Tourism. But, there were plenty of other nice options so they could have still joined us and stayed back for the night. They truly missed one of the best rides for me till date. I would rate this ride as #1 of all my rides (ofcourse barring the Bangalore ride)

10 Bikes and 1 car suddenly dropped to 4 bikes and 1 car a night before. I was bit disappointed and even contemplated changing the destination as with a bigger group the fun would have multiplied but, decided to stick to same destination

Iam always excited when Srisailam is destination and like it better than Nagarjunsagar Dam primarily for the route being very scenic and out of the total 225kms almost 60kms is via. ghat and heavily wooded forest section where you wont find a single soul on the road. However, you will have plenty of monkeys for company who come right at you sometimes as their confidence is at a different level since they are sitting on the roads in dozens

Also, its said some people even sighted a bear/boar/deer and some of even lucky guys even a tiger. Srisailam Tiger Reserve as 20+ tigers and we even planned to take a safari that costed Rs.800 for a Jeep ( 6 People allowed) for a duration of 1.5 hours but, we skipped as BHPian Sanket's kid who would have enjoyed the safari most was tired and not keen.

Weather supported us right from the begining and we started spot on time which was 630am from our meeting destination and we stopped at plenty of places to enjoy the nature and scenery.

I think there were 5 pitstops of atleast 15-30 mins each each and reached the dam around 11am. Weather was cloudy all through but, when we got onto the ghat section, it became practically chilled and I was almost shivering in some sections.

Route to dam is through a mountain, get down the mountain again; cross a bridge then climb another mountain to finally get closer to the dam. It's a fabulous ghat drive with plenty of sharp curves and Mani said that for first time he bent the T100 to maximum and same goes for Amar too.

I got the opportunity to ride both the Hyosung GT650 and Ninja 250 on the entire ghat section and both are really different machines with GT50 being little tougher to ride while I felt more at home at Ninja250 due to the placement of handlebar and it was fun riding the Ninja on the twisties but, its brakes are not confidence inspiring. Btw, Ninja 250 seemed almost powerless and GT50 engine felt quite coarse.

We rode upto the temple (srisailam is one of the 12 Jyotirlings in the country and normally I would like to go for darshan but, being weekend it was heavily crowded and darshan can take up to 3-4 hours so we decided to skip it) as petrol bunk was located there.

We rode 15kms just for petrol and they have a quota of Rs.500 for each vehicle. Whew! stopped for lunch at a nice place and then around 3:30pm we headed back towards Hyderabad.

Me and Amar had a flying ride on a particular section of the ghat which was about 40kms and we both agreed that was one of our best and almost felt like Isle of Man type of circuit. Straight roads, twisties then road curves up and then steeply down with not a single soul on road. We both had a blast !!!

We rode back together and was home by 6:30pm after covering little over 450kms !!!

It was a blast of a ride and missed the Farhabad Tiger Safari. But, after this ride I have decided to visit Srisailam again in next couple of weeks with family

Sharing a few pics. Enjoy !!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9607002.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9609.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9610.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9635.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9671001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9674001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9675001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9676.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9677.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9678.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9679.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9680001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9704001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9705.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9706.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9659002.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9662001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9670.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9631.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 09:37   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whew !! Iam back after a 2 weeks whirlwind trip across the US.
Welcome back Avi!

I am waiting for the day when you will feature in the Bonnie's ad, by Triumph!! Cool going, dude!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks