Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2014, 19:41   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Hi Avi & the Hyderabad riders? Im Hyd based too & may I join you on your weekend rides? I ride a Harley
though. Cheers

Jayanth,your most welcome to join our rides . What a timing

Tomorrow 12 bikes are riding to Nagarjunsagar Dam, if your interested please join us

Meeting point is 645am at Genpact office, Uppal

Do try To join as next couple of months rides will slow down considerably due to monsoons
Old 27th June 2014, 22:03   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aaaarrrgh. When does the group plan to get back by, Avi

jayant

5pm. If your short of time, you can head back in between if you like

Do join if you can atleast half way
Old 28th June 2014, 20:14   #498
BHPian

Thank you & entire group for a brilliant day Avi. Do append me to your whatsapp group.

Cheers

Jayant

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th June 2014 at 10:54. Reason: removing the number
Jayant06 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 11:09   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday was biggest day trip ride that we ever did till date and it was too a beautiful and scenic place called "Nagarjunsagar Dam" where I have been going almost every June/July for a Team BHP Drive but, since offlate my passion has veered from cars to bikes, it was time to continue the tradition but, albeit on a motorcycle.

Last week was bit confusing in deciding the destination as we were tossing between Srisailam ( yet another awesome place) and NSD but, we opted for NSD for two reasons. Srisailam is even more further (230kms one way) and warrants a night halt to properly enjoy a ride. Besides that its an absolutely incredible place to visit after a few rains as the entire forest area becomes green which is right now a much needed relaxation to our sore eyes (you know, monsoons have not yet arrived in Hyderabad and we are still sweltering this heat)

We all planned to meet at two designated spots one at 6:45am and other at 7:00am and it was pleasant surprise to see a beautiful blue colored Street Bob waiting there and I immediately knew from handful of posts he made on forum that it was Jayant. Nice to be connected at last minute and great that you could make it

After a few pleasantries with the 6-7 bikes most of which was our regular group of Bonnies & Tiger, we headed out to another meeting point where BHPian (Harsha.Muvva) was waiting with his friends who were on Ninja's, Aprilia RSV4 (Best exhuast note that i ever heard in my life---Someone was commenting it sounding like a mad woman screaming..LOL) and I never saw any bike accelarate like that in my life, a different league altogether.

Aprilia owner got his driver to follow us in his XUV500 which acted as our supplies and stock keeping unit. Btw, noted both his bike and car have same number (8055-BOSS). However, the loudest bike of yesterday's 13-14 bikes has to be the Superlow with screaming eagles and Stage 3 and some other crazy modifications for power and complete body paint job etc

Not to forget mentioning even Harsha FZ1 exhaust note is beautiful. Lovely deep humm that increases with accelaration but, gets definetly drowned by the Aprilia's manic growl. Bonnie group gets overwhelmed from all that noise. Hence, Bonnies are known as silent assasins

As per prior information the route to Nagarjunsagar is all 2-lane and most of which was dug up so Harsha suggested us through the Vijayawada highway and cut across from Narketpally and then connect back to NSD road. This route was so confusing as a few of us who were in the front (including me) always shot ahead and Harsha had to coordinate and bring us shooting rockets back on track..Haha...Now i realize how the Sena SHM 10 was used between Harsha, Superlow and RSV4.

Now I think iam sold on this product, will order for it shortly

After a short breakfast halt, We went through all kinds of terrain. 4 lane butter smooth highways, villages, no road, part road and then connected to NSD highway and reached around 10:00am after covering 160kms.

As it was very humid and sticky, HM and his friends decided to jump in the pool whereas the T band decided to explore the Dam and another scenic spots. We spent a good couple of hours riding through the lovely scenic route near the dam and returned to Vijay Vihar where we had planned for a lunch halt around 12:30pm and we spent a couple of hours on some motorcycling banter and enjoying the most amazing 'Fish Fry' that i know from my several previous visits and a buffet lunch.

We headed back around 3:30pm and decided to take the original route back to Hyderabad which was supposedly dug up.

I felt the original route even though part of it is dug up as they were laying water pipelines was much better than multiple detours we took while going.

Around 60-70kms away from Hyderabad, it started pouring cats and dogs and we halted at a local chai wala shop and munched and sipped on some "Cut Mirchi & Cutting Chai".

It was raining very heavily and after waiting for 30 mins or so we decided its not going to stop so resumed our journey while it was still drizzling and rode most of our return distance in drizzling conditions. We all decided to stick to safe speeds of 80-90kmph as first rains are tricky as surface becomes slippery and we finally reached home around 6:30pm

It was an exciting and thrilling ride spent with some not-so-good and excellent weather conditions with a varied group of motorcycling enthusiasts marking an end to my riding season as Iam travelling from next week for 3-4weeks and most of August so my riding will reduce considerably over these two months

Have plenty of pictures to share and will share it in 2-3 installments.

Hope you'll enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you all , Cheers!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9354.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9355001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9358001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9360.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9361.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9363001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9365001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9368001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9369.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9370.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9371.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9374001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9376.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9378001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9379001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9381.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9388001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9390.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9392.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 16:19   #500
BHPian

Beautifully scripted & the pictures do full justice Avi. It certainly was a beautiful ride with a fine bunch of co-riders. We should do it again - hopefully this season to view the spectacle with the crest gates open! Hell, I would ride there again just to bite into that oh-so-fresh fish fry!
Jayant06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 19:15   #501
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some more pictures from the short 30-35kms ride we did from NSD towards Dam and Anupu which is a place that is very popular for picnics and has lot of sculptors etc and a great place to just hang our as its always green and beautiful

Rest of the pictures were taken while returning as we had made 1-2 pitstops just to stop, re-group and enjoy the scenary

Normally people take the ferry and go to the island to visit the mueseum but, thats a good 2-3 hours journey to and fro so we decided to skip it.
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9395002.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9397001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9398.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9400.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9401001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9402.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9403001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9410.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9411001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9414.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9415.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9418.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9420.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9421001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9422.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9426001.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 19:39   #502
BHPian

Ahh. Isn't that one handsome Harlry in the first picture
Old 30th June 2014, 06:03   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Sir, it surely is a feast for the eyes. Beautiful.
Some more closeups would be even further applauded.

I was sincerely hoping that someone would put up a Sunday ride's pics. Thanks mobike008. Great job with the writeup and the pics.
Avior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 08:16   #504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avior View Post
I was sincerely hoping that someone would put up a Sunday ride's pics. Thanks mobike008. Great job with the writeup and the pics.
Thanks for your appreciation. We normally ride on saturday's so this was from the saturday ride

Quote:
Hell, I would ride there again just to bite into that oh-so-fresh fish fry!
Were you referring to these?

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140629wa013.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140629wa014.jpg

My tripmeter after reaching home. Actually, trip-meter was set to 0 after tanking up at LB Nagar X Road which is roughly 13kms from home. So total trip was 362kms overall

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9430001.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st July 2014 at 07:43.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 17:27   #505
BHPian

Wonderful write-up mobike008, fantastic pics, somewhat sad to hear that your schedule would not permit you to ride in the coming month. It had become a sort of a routine to check your thread and follow your log of the bonnie.

Nice to see that you have been able to get-together like minded riders and most importantly not limiting the group to a particular brand. Cause I always believe that its the ride/journey and the rider that should matter and not a brand or bike.

With your log and writing, your passion towards riding shows and your journey of discovery with bonnie has encouraged many on the forum (including me) to save up and go for their dream machines.

I think this ride to Nagarjunsagar Dam has been a fitting end to your riding season, hopefully it should rain as the entire country is waiting for it and afterwards once the rain gods have had their time, you should be back on the bonnie with more logs.
Meanwhile please keep on updating whenever time permits
Cheers!
Sagar
schitre05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 23:57   #506
BHPian

Nice pics and good write-up avi,It was absolutely an amazing ride and must say that it was heavenly to jump into swimming pool immediately after getting off the saddle

Nice kick-start to the monsoon-riding season, I thoroughly enjoyed the return the ride and it got me my first mumbai-hyderabad run memories back

Quote:
Must confess that i totally loved the colour of you harley!
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 07:40   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitre05 View Post
Wonderful write-up mobike008, fantastic pics, somewhat sad to hear that your schedule would not permit you to ride in the coming month. It had become a sort of a routine to check your thread and follow your log of the bonnie.
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful message. Iam glad to know that some of the members routinely follow my thread and that I inspire them to follow in my footsteps. This itself is the biggest compliment anyone can get

Quote:
Nice to see that you have been able to get-together like minded riders and most importantly not limiting the group to a particular brand. Cause I always believe that its the ride/journey and the rider that should matter and not a brand or bike.
Absolutely. I have always beileved in doing my own thing. I am particularly averse to herd mentality and always do things differently both professionally as well as personally. Maybe its just ingrained into me now

Quote:
With your log and writing, your passion towards riding shows and your journey of discovery with bonnie has encouraged many on the forum (including me) to save up and go for their dream machines.
Well, I have been passionate ( sometimes overtly) about automobiles as far back as I can remember and that goes both for my cars as well as bikes so nice to know now that i inspire members on the biking section too ( though iam myself pretty much a newbie to biking)

Quote:
I think this ride to Nagarjunsagar Dam has been a fitting end to your riding season, Meanwhile please keep on updating whenever time permits
Oh yeah. NSD is an amazing place and indeed was a fitting end to this riding season. But, that wont stop me from sneaking out on short rides alone some mornings whenever iam in town...LOL

Cheers for your message and hope you get your dream machine in near future !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 19:34   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

At the first meeting point for the NSD ride, we met a few folks who apparently were part of the "Hyderabad Photographers Club (HPC)" and were in awe to see the Triumph bikes and wanted us to pose for them so they can click a few pictures

It's suprising to note that I had casually shared my email address verbally with them and they shared a few pictures shot by them. Nice of 'em !!

Just when we were heading out from meeting point 1 to meeting point 2

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7179003.jpg

Yours truly in action. Thats the last time iam wearing that worn out jacket

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7181001.jpg

Were instructed to pose like this...LOL

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7170.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7166001.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-dsc_7168001.jpg

P.S:
Narendra if your reading this post. Thanks for these lovely clicks
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 00:55   #509
BHPian

The first pic is amazing. The bikes AND the bikers AND the gear ON the bikes, each aspect is truly complementing the other and presenting to us the joy you guys must have felt at that moment.
Avior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 09:11   #510
BHPian

Hi Avinash,

Sorry for hijacking your thread... thought of posting it here rather than creating a new thread.

Took a test ride on a Bonnie and HD Street 750, it was HD’s turn’s first and I was amazed by the torquey engine, got hell lot of power and my brother (pillion) was clinching me tightly so that he won’t fly off !! Did a planned braking and the machine seems bit hesitant to stop, not confidence inspiring. Not sure how it is going to react in emergency! Felt some vibrations when it crossed 80 barrier, it doesn’t sounds like normal HD, saw another one with Screaming Eagle which was sounding nice. The TD formalities are normal and the executive was nice and he was pushing hard to book the same day, he promised me to deliver the HD in one month’s time.

Likes – Torque, Engine, Style.

Dislikes – Brakes, Exposed Wires (wires are wrapped with some kind of cloth), seating position, accessories price – 24 K for Sissy bar when compared to 7.x K for Bonnie. Another 15K for Engine Guard (Crash Guard), Bonnie 7.5 K.

Next comes Bonnie, we got a Blue / White Bonnie and my brother took the ride first, less than 20 seconds, he was shouting “This is the one!!!!!” We were following a Speed Triple guy, speeding up like a rocket, and to our surprise Bonnie was right behind him all the time. Then it was my turn, I felt like coming back home after 8 hours of strenuous work at office!!! After 1 minute of ride, I decided, in fact, we (brother and I) this is going to be our ride. It handles great in traffic, I was able to do “Left and Right” easily, and it took me back to those golden RX100 days (owned RX100, RXZ, Yezdi, RE ’72, ’63).

Likes -

Dislikes – exhaust note !! I heard an awesome sounding Arrowed Bonnie, it was music to ears…
Cost – HD Street is around 1.8X lacs cheaper than Bonnie (Onroad Price Kochi) but the riding pleasure you get from a Bonnie is Priceless!!!!

Verdict - Bonnie is miles ahead of Harley in terms of engine refinement, handling, ergonomics and braking capability!! Which HD Street sorely misses!! If you need a Torque machine and a bike to show off that fits your pocket – Its HD 750. If you want to enjoy riding and a perfect partner to love lifelong – it’s Bonnie!!!!

P.S - Our RD 350 is still under restoration, almost 90% done and few more things and its ready to hit the road. Two Classics !!!
CrazyStuff is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks