Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2014, 13:24   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Dual pack includes two bluetooth kits and costs little less than purchasing two kits separately.Make/force someone to purchase a smh-10,then you can get the dual kit and save little
Why would I want to a dual kit? I mean I will buy single kit and use it to communicate with someone ( like my wife) via bluetooth and can pair via intercom with fellow riders...Correct? Or am I missing something here?

Also, how many people i can connect via. Intercom concurrently and whats the distance it will work? And, how do i know how to dial an FZ1, Tiger 800 or a Bonnie via intercom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bhardwaj View Post
Full credit to mobike008 for motivating my purchase of the Triumph Bonneville Crystal White/Sapphire Blue! I brought her home on Sunday and have done nearly 300kms since. Upgrading from the Duke 390, I've experienced only minor handling ergonomic differences. That, and the fact that my engine sounds like a diesel bus' motor.
I wanted to know if squeaky rear brakes are a normal thing. They get slightly embarrassing in stop-start traffic!
Congratulation on your new Bonneville. Iam glad to know that I have inspired you to buy this bike. Iam sure you will enjoy owning this lovely bike

That diesel bus motor sound sounds like a large capacity engine with that "Hummmmmm"...iam surprised that you compare it with a diesel bus motor...LOL.....Is that something you like or you dont? I thought everyone refers to Bonnie soundtrack as the "Sewing Machine" style...

Do post some pictures and if possible start your ownership thread so you can share your experiences with all of us here
Old 26th June 2014, 13:35   #482

Thanks again- I had the usual suspects (750 and SuperLow) in mind but your review and description was the clincher!

I'm planning a weekend trip to Udaipur (from Ahmedabad) and will hopefully have completed my run-in within 10 days. Will definitely carry an SLR and take lots of pictures. IMHO, the Bonnie will be at home in a city like Udaipur - words like royal, vintage and historic coming to my mind!

I love that sound! Sewing machine is a fair description at idle but at low and mid range revs, the sound is that of a diesel bus just as the turbo is about to kick in. There's something so menacing and yet awe-inspiring about having such a sound emanating off of two wheels, especially one between your legs, that I don't think I'll consider an aftermarket exhaust for quite a while!
A_Bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 14:05   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Why would I want to a dual kit? I mean I will buy single kit and use it to communicate with someone ( like my wife) via bluetooth and can pair via intercom with fellow riders...Correct? Or am I missing something here?

Also, how many people i can connect via. Intercom concurrently and whats the distance it will work? And, how do i know how to dial an FZ1, Tiger 800 or a Bonnie via intercom?
Avi- The dual kit comes paired from the factory so its a plug n play if you are riding with a passenger. Which means you fix one unit on your helmet and the other unit on your passengers helmet, and you switch the 2 units ON and you are ready to communicate with your passenger. No separate pairing required.

As for how many units can be paired, when I bought mine, you could pair upto 4 units on the same frequency or whatever. But I guess with the newer units, you can pair upto 6 or 8 riders, which means all of you can communicate within a certain distance (probably a mile apart, not sure)

As for your friend seeing those triumphs in the Himalayas, during my recent bike trip in the Adriatic, I bumped into an Edelweiss bike group in Dubrovnik (Edelweiss is one of the oldest, largest & top end Bike rental/bike tour operator in the world) and during my talk with one of the company guys he said, Himalayas has been on their radar for a long time, but they normally partner with BMW, and in India since BMW after service/parts is still not fully functional, they are not sure but 'may' partner with another manufacturer. So I am guessing the group you saw is their company team doing a recce of the probable Himalayan routes and halt points to add it in their globally available rides and Triumph could be a good partner. Again, its only my guess. Your friend may have more details.

Last edited by Haroon : 26th June 2014 at 14:29.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 14:44   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks again- I had the usual suspects (750 and SuperLow) in mind but your review and description was the clincher!
Nice to know that I could draw you away from the usual suspects

Quote:
I'm planning a weekend trip to Udaipur (from Ahmedabad) and will hopefully have completed my run-in within 10 days. Will definitely carry an SLR and take lots of pictures. IMHO, the Bonnie will be at home in a city like Udaipur - words like royal, vintage and historic coming to my mind!
iam confused. Your location says Gurgoan? Are you in Ahmedabad? Did you buy the bike there? Iam sure it will be an enjoyable ride on NH-1 as I have driven my car on that road during one of my drives up north and thoroughly enjoyed it including my visit to Udaipur

Look forward to lot of high quality pictures in vintage settings !!!

Quote:
I love that sound! Sewing machine is a fair description at idle but at low and mid range revs, the sound is that of a diesel bus just as the turbo is about to kick in. There's something so menacing and yet awe-inspiring about having such a sound emanating off of two wheels, especially one between your legs, that I don't think I'll consider an aftermarket exhaust for quite a while!
Wow! your the second person that I know who has openly confessed his love for the stock sound of the Bonnie. Even I love that lovely humm of the engine and makes you clearly aware that a powerful machine is throbbing between your legs

Be prepared to enjoy the Bonnie's true capabilities on the highway and look forward to your feedback as to how it rides on highways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Avi- The dual kit comes paired from the factory so its a plug n play if you are riding with a passenger. Which means you fix one unit on your helmet and the other unit on your passengers helmet, and you switch the 2 units ON and you are ready to communicate with your passenger. No separate pairing required.
Oh! That ways. Well, 99% I will be riding alone so I think it doesn't make economic sense to buy a dual unit. Besides that I dont want to give even a window of opportunity for my better half to start an argument and that too on a motorcycle...LOL!

Quote:
As for how many units can be paired, when I bought mine, you could pair upto 4 units on the same frequency or whatever. But I guess with the newer units, you can pair upto 6 or 8 riders, which means all of you can communicate within a certain distance (probably a mile apart, not sure)
Thanks. Nice to know atleast 6 fellow riders can be connected. Will see if I can pick up the Sena SMH-10 single unit then

Quote:
As for your friend seeing those triumphs in the Himalayas, during my recent bike trip in the Adriatic, I bumped into an Edelweiss bike group in Dubrovnik (Edelweiss is one of the oldest, largest & top end Bike rental/bike tour operator in the world) and during my talk with one of the company guys he said, Himalayas has been on their radar for a long time, but they normally partner with BMW, and in India since BMW after service/parts is still not fully functional, they are not sure but 'may' partner with another manufacturer. So I am guessing the group you saw is their company team doing a recce of the probable Himalayan routes and halt points to add it in their globally available rides and Triumph could be a good partner. Again, its only my guess. Your friend may have more details.
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing this information. It could most probably be a recce as you mentioned

Dr. Kumar, Over to you to confirm if thats the case?

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th June 2014 at 14:45.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 15:07   #485

Sorry, new to TBHP so haven't gotten around to editing my profile! I live and work out of Ahmedabad. Looking forward to the ride and yes, I will try to get a lot of nice vintage/sepia shots of the Bonnie among the palaces and lake (outside all of these, preferably)!
Had a lot of people try to sell me Arrow's 2x1 and 2x2, and coming from an obnoxious D390 with a GPR Thunder Slash shoehorned onto it, I confess that I was tempted. But one short spin along the Highway between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar was all it took to convince me.

If I ever do upgrade in the future, it'll be Normal Hyde's Toga. That's a mean sounding pipe.
A_Bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 15:44   #486
BHPian

Quote:

I mean since mani is also planning to get BT kit,both of you can buy the dual kit together and use one each.

This is what me and a friend of mine did when we decided to get the sena.

It is very easy to connect specifically to the person you wanted to.
Once you start pairing with other devices,your device will arrange the others in order(first come-first serve basis). For connecting to the first person you need to press the dail once,to connect it to the second person you need to press twice and so on.

Hope i explained it properly,it isnt as complicated as it sounds
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 16:20   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I am guessing the group you saw is their company team doing a recce of the probable Himalayan routes and halt points to add it in their globally available rides and Triumph could be a good partner. Again, its only my guess. Your friend may have more details.
Quote:
Wonderful. Thanks for sharing this information. It could most probably be a recce as you mentioned

Dr. Kumar, Over to you to confirm if thats the case?
These bikes are the Edelweiss company bikes. Please see the pic below.

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa016.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 16:35   #488
BHPian

Yes Aditya- After seeing the sticker of Edelweiss only I was connecting the dots of my talk with their guy in Croatia
Old 26th June 2014, 17:54   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I mean since mani is also planning to get BT kit,both of you can buy the dual kit together and use one each.

This is what me and a friend of mine did when we decided to get the sena.
Thanks Harsha. Your explanation was quite simple and understandable. I just have to keep pressing the buttons till i want to speak to the person i want too

How much does the dual kit cost? $265? I know that Mani is wanting to buy one as I received a call from him just a few days back enquiring about same so it will be cheaper to buy a dual unit and give him one and we split the cost.

Quote:
But one short spin along the Highway between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar was all it took to convince me.
Convinced you to keep the bike stock?

Quote:
If I ever do upgrade in the future, it'll be Normal Hyde's Toga. That's a mean sounding pipe.
Even I love these pipes but, problem is of sourcing, installation and honoring warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
These bikes are the Edelweiss company bikes. Please see the pic below.
You got a good eye Aditya
Old 26th June 2014, 19:26   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What exactly is the difference between single and dual unit? what you can do in dual that you cannot in a single unit?
Single unit - Only you can listen to music, pair it with your GPS device (if that has a BT compatibility), answer phone calls.

Dual unit - Besides all the features mentioned above, you can pair with other BT devices up to 900 mts or so. and also pair it with your pillions BT unit if there is one.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 01:04   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Single unit - Only you can listen to music, pair it with your GPS device (if that has a BT compatibility), answer phone calls.
Connecting with other devices and inter-com facility is very much available even on the single units!

There is no functional difference between the single unit and double units.I can vouch for this as i personally use a smh10 which i picked as dual kit and few of my friends whom i regularly ride with use smh10 which were bought as single units.There is absolutely no problem in using the inter-com facility

As far as the prices are concerned.The single unit is priced at 157$ and dual pack at 284$
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 08:14   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Connecting with other devices and inter-com facility is very much available even on the single units!

There is no functional difference between the single unit and double units.I can vouch for this as i personally use a smh10 which i picked as dual kit and few of my friends whom i regularly ride with use smh10 which were bought as single units.There is absolutely no problem in using the inter-com facility
Wonderful Harsha. Thanks for this confirmation. So, its like two soaps in a single box

How many riders have you paired maximum till now or know for sure can be connected via. intercom?
Old 27th June 2014, 11:49   #493
BHPian

Quote:
So, its like two soaps in a single box
Haha,exactly

Quote:
How many riders have you paired maximum till now or know for sure can be connected via. intercom?

I have connected upto 3 other devices,
The maximum limit is 4(just verified it on the website)
Old 27th June 2014, 14:49   #494

Quote:
Convinced you to keep the bike stock?
Yep, stock until the urge to go loud bites! I saw a red 750 making a highway pass. It had Screamin' Eagles installed, presumably. Things like these are akin to holding out candy in front of a child

Any good hotel/inn you guys'd recommend for Udaipur?
Old 27th June 2014, 16:59   #495
BHPian

Hi Avi & the Hyderabad riders? Im Hyd based too & may I join you on your weekend rides? I ride a Harley though. Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks