Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:24   #466
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Completed 4500kms in little over 4 months

Not bad for a "Ride only on weekends" bike...Eh?
Congrats mobike. Must be hard getting off the bike during your weekend runs. Mileage against time of purchase seems to be at a perfect ratio.

Have Triumph opened a riders club in Hyderabad yet?
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:27   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, If iam considering a bluetooth headset purely for speaking to someone while riding, I would consider the following brands in preference

1. Sena
2. Scala
Avi, I'd suggest the SMH-10 over the SMH-5 anyday. The price difference is marginal and you get a lot more features on the SMH-10 model.

I ordered the SMH-10 from Motorcycle Superstore last month and will be collecting it this week from my cousin. Will post a review soon.

Picked this up over Scala since a bunch of buddies i ride with have the Sena and it helps having the same brand since you can pair with them via intercom.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:24   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Avi, I'd suggest the SMH-10 over the SMH-5 anyday. The price difference is marginal and you get a lot more features on the SMH-10 model.

I ordered the SMH-10 from Motorcycle Superstore last month and will be collecting it this week from my cousin. Will post a review soon.

Picked this up over Scala since a bunch of buddies i ride with have the Sena and it helps having the same brand since you can pair with them via intercom.
Could be slightly off-topic but nevertheless worth a mention, Adi.

With the new firmware upgrades on Sena - it now can be paired with Scala too.
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 17:39   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congrats mobike. Must be hard getting off the bike during your weekend runs. Mileage against time of purchase seems to be at a perfect ratio. Have Triumph opened a riders club in Hyderabad yet?
Thanks Fullrevs. You can say that again. I have been itching to ride the Bonnie ever since I got it and hence the decent mileage clocked on it

There is no Triumph Riders Club per se. But, There is a Facebook page and Whatsapp group where rides are planned which is normally every alternate sunday

This is started by Rebel Motorcycles who are the Triumph dealership in Hyderabad.

Having said that, we have another biking group on whatsapp that plans rides for saturdays as that day works for me better than a sunday

Quote:

Thanks Adi for the feedback. Firstly as mentioned, I really dont know what is the need for you to talk to someone when your riding unless its really long touring? Do you whisper sweet nothings into each others ears?

Jokes apart, I personally love to ride in silence with zero communications

Having said that and in contrary to my above statement, Iam not too far away from the latest trends so if i ever pick up a bluetooth device then it will be SMH-10 Model so waiting for your detailed review of it

Also, whats the price you paid for it? Did you get it shipped to India?

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd June 2014 at 17:40.
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:38   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Adi for the feedback. Firstly as mentioned, I really dont know what is the need for you to talk to someone when your riding unless its really long touring? Do you whisper sweet nothings into each others ears?
Well, Mr. Murphy seems to be my best friend especially when I am riding.

When i suit up - helmet, jacket, gloves and all, and get rolling on the bike the phone starts to ring... Every time !!! Damn, it's so irritating.

At times when I'm touring (and we do tour around 500-600 kms a day), it is a joy to have music streaming to keep you awake and alert and to avoid the irritation of a ringing phone that you can't answer.

I was considering a BT device for quite some time now and this SENA fits the bill perfectly.

Quote:
Having said that and in contrary to my above statement, Iam not too far away from the latest trends so if i ever pick up a bluetooth device then it will be SMH-10 Model so waiting for your detailed review of it. Also, whats the price you paid for it? Did you get it shipped to India?
I paid US $ 157 for the SMH 10 but got it shipped to a US address where my cousin is residing. He got it down for me and i will be collecting it this friday Can't wait to lay my hands on it and try it out.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 10:06   #471
BHPian

Quote:
There you go. Mystery solved

Pawan this device just guages air pressure..correct?

What use can it be if it cannot fill air? I rely on speedbreakers and rough patches to know my bike's air pressure and they give me perfect indication if my bike's air pressure is low

Btw, where is your location? Do you live in Germany or Pune? And, which bike you ride currently?
For every ride it is must to have correct air pressure. Makes a lot of difference in handling. I do lot of touring, I also have fixed 12v DC socket in my bike, always keeping Air Compressor Pump and Puncture kit including spare clutch lever, break lever, chain lube etc.

I am in Pune now, I ride Ninja 650 and KTM Duke 200, when we go for remote places I ride Duke and for the highway I use Ninja 650.

Currently looking for buyer for my Ninja. Once sold I will buy Bonneville.

Regarding bluetooth, it help many times when riding in a group, to know the location of fellow rider.

My wife also complaints that when in Bike she can not talk, so anyway for long tour I have to buy pair of helmet speakers so that we both can atleast talk to each other. Though sometime when she is talking, I use to miss the turn

Last edited by pawan_pullarwar : 24th June 2014 at 10:07.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 13:33   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I paid US $ 157 for the SMH 10 but got it shipped to a US address where my cousin is residing. He got it down for me and i will be collecting it this friday Can't wait to lay my hands on it and try it out.
Wow, that seems to be a nice price. Do these models have compatability to certain helmets or they fit into any helmet that you own?

How difficult is it to install, pair and uninstall it from the helmet? My question is does it become a permanent fixture or can be used for each ride ( if required) ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
For every ride it is must to have correct air pressure. Makes a lot of difference in handling. I do lot of touring, I also have fixed 12v DC socket in my bike, always keeping Air Compressor Pump and Puncture kit including spare clutch lever, break lever, chain lube etc.
Iam also quite paranoid about tyres and air pressure for both cars as well my bikes. I check air pressure almost every weekend prior to the ride and that I agree gives supreme confidence in terms of handling, grip and overall feel of the bike

Quote:
Currently looking for buyer for my Ninja. Once sold I will buy Bonneville.
Congrats. I didnt know you had finalized the Bonnie. Trust me, you will fall crazily in love with it as I have

Quote:
Regarding bluetooth, it help many times when riding in a group, to know the location of fellow rider.
Team-BHP is an expensive place to be online. I never had a bluetooth speaker ever in my consideration but, you guys are selling me this item and I think iam nearly sold

Yesterday morning went out for a short ride with my wife and to my horror a couple of times the front brake just didnt apply

Had a couple of close calls and that too at a high speed where i had to use the rear brake to come out of that situation.

I normally use 80:20 to 90:10 with respect to Front vs. Rear brake usage

Front brake would apply most of times, suddenly couple of instances. It just wont...

Decided to visit the showroom as it was unbeilevable that front brakes of Bonnie that iam so gaga over is not performing.

Lead Engineer took a small test ride and immdiately said, there is something stuck in front brake pads/rotors

He removed the pads/rotors and indeed there was some plastic cover that somehow flew into the front wheel & got jammed in and had melted and due to which brake function wasnt happening smoothly

He cleaned the pad of that mess and put it back on and joys of front brake returned !!!

They even cleaned & lubed the chain and all of this was done free of cost. SUPER.......
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 15:17   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that seems to be a nice price. Do these models have compatability to certain helmets or they fit into any helmet that you own?

How difficult is it to install, pair and uninstall it from the helmet? My question is does it become a permanent fixture or can be used for each ride ( if required) ?

I have been using the original Scala rider G4 since past 4 years. I dont use it for my cell phone, I use it ONLY as a rider-to-passenger intercom. At the start of one of our trips, I tried simultaneously pairing it with my GPS and then my intercom stopped!! Being technically a lil challenged, I lost a lot of valuable time fiddling to get it all in order, so I preferred to go back to the intercom mode and have since been using it that way only. Our 2 units have been thru all kinds of weather including pouring rain for hours together, but it has performed flawlessly. During our global rides, I charge both our units every night and once its switched on at 8-9am daily, it remains on the whole day and we only switch it off at the end of the days ride. BTW, for those of you planning to do longer rides with your better half/GF etc, the intercom is a big boon to really enjoy the ride together, including for the occasional arguments on the go....

Fitting it is a 10 minute job on any good helmet. Same with removal also, but I wouldnt recommend removing it everytime as it could get lose over time. Ideally its good to mount it on the left side of the helmet since sometimes in the mountains it has the habit of going off for some time, but just a press of one of the buttons gets it back to its senses. And that can be done on the go since you can afford to use your left hand rather than the throttle hand. One of Nolan's new flip up helmet has the sliding lever for the internal retractable dark visor at the left bottom and in such cases you will need to fix the unit on the right side.

Last edited by Haroon : 24th June 2014 at 15:22.
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 15:38   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHP is an expensive place to be online. I never had a bluetooth speaker ever in my consideration but, you guys are selling me this item and I think iam nearly sold

He removed the pads/rotors and indeed there was some plastic cover that somehow flew into the front wheel & got jammed in and had melted and due to which brake function wasnt happening smoothly
Sena Bluetooth is easily available here in India and is a handy thing to have if you are riding pillion for longer distances (you can communicate with the bored pillion besides other (unadvisable) things like listening to music and answering phone calls - as it draws away the attention if the conversation is intense. (better to pull over and speak than speaking while on the move)

The plastic cover menace is a bane of Indian conditions! There un-recyclable plastic covers fly all over the highways.

On my ride to Goa for the IBW - a similar black plastic cover came flying and sat on the header pipe of my scalding hot exhaust! And there it was stuck and I couldn't scrape it off. So there it was stuck and converted itself into something so hard - that it refused to get off, no matter what I did.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 17:05   #475
BHPian

Quote:

I use a SMH-10,got it from US and it costed me roughly around 8,000 rupees!(it costs almost double here)

The speaker,mike and the clamp sits on the helmet and the device is detachable from rest of the kit,it is very easy to install(have done it in both of my helmets HJC and AGV).

But its little tricky installing them in my agv k3,the cheek pads are thicker,so it cuts the sound from speakers considerably when compared to my hjc.
I can comment more about this after our nagarjuna sagar ride this saturday(you can check it out too)
since I and You share same helmet size you can listen to it before purchasing it(most probably you will)
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2014, 20:13   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Haroon for the feedback. I too was aware about Scala brand but, had not heard of Sena. Looks like Sena is now the new Scala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
BTW, for those of you planning to do longer rides with your better half/GF etc, the intercom is a big boon to really enjoy the ride together, including for the occasional arguments on the go.
This is what iam worried about . This is now is not occassional since I ride almost every saturday these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Sena Bluetooth is easily available here in India and is a handy thing to have if you are riding pillion for longer distances (you can communicate with the bored pillion besides other (unadvisable) things like listening to music and answering phone calls - as it draws away the attention if the conversation is intense. (better to pull over and speak than speaking while on the move)
About the plastic thingy, its an experience. Never even knew such a small thing can be life threatening. Need to be more mindful of such things while riding

How much does the Sena MH-10 cost in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I use a SMH-10,got it from US and it costed me roughly around 8,000 rupees!(it costs almost double here)
Thats nice. Now its priced around 150 bucks so roughly 9.5K if bought in the US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I can comment more about this after our nagarjuna sagar ride this saturday(you can check it out too)
since I and You share same helmet size you can listen to it before purchasing it(most probably you will)
Are you guys salesmen of Sena MH-10 in disguise? Each one of you seem to be selling this product

Ofcourse, I will check this out during our big ride this saturday....
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 18:23   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much does the Sena MH-10 cost in India?

Thats nice. Now its priced around 150 bucks so roughly 9.5K if bought in the US of A

Are you guys salesmen of Sena MH-10 in disguise? Each one of you seem to be selling this product
The 150 bucks thing is the single unit, Avi. The dual unit costs about $285 -- INR 17000 roughly.

I guess the price at Lets gear up is around 15K for the same.

eBay just showed the price as 25k INR

I just got the quote from the Bangalore dealer - INR 25999/- for SMH 10 Dual unit

Mods: please merge this post with the earlier one as I had passed the editing deadline. Thanks.

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th June 2014 at 21:38. Reason: merging posts
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 08:49   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The 150 bucks thing is the single unit, Avi. The dual unit costs about $285 -- INR 17000 roughly.
What exactly is the difference between single and dual unit? what you can do in dual that you cannot in a single unit?

Sharing a few pictures taken by BHPian (Ecosportrules) who has just returned last week from a Ladhak trip in an Innova and drove all the way from Hyderabad to Ladhak and back

During his trip, he encountered around 15 Triumph Tigers (800XC & Explorers) in Ladhak region and when he spoke to them, apparently they gave a feedback that none of their bikes scraped the ground even once during their trip and they were quite happy with its performance

Will request him to share some more detailed insights, if possible
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa005.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa011.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa012.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa016.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa020.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa033.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140625wa029.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 11:40   #479
BHPian

Quote:
What exactly is the difference between single and dual unit? what you can do in dual that you cannot in a single unit?

Dual pack includes two bluetooth kits and costs little less than purchasing two kits separately.
Make/force someone to purchase a smh-10,then you can get the dual kit and save little
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 12:43   #480

Hey guys! Finally posting here after nearly a year of spectator-ship.
Do forgive if I've missed a posting point due to ignorance.

Full credit to mobike008 for motivating my purchase of the Triumph Bonneville Crystal White/Sapphire Blue! I brought her home on Sunday and have done nearly 300kms since. Upgrading from the Duke 390, I've experienced only minor handling ergonomic differences. That, and the fact that my engine sounds like a diesel bus' motor.
I wanted to know if squeaky rear brakes are a normal thing. They get slightly embarrassing in stop-start traffic!
A_Bhardwaj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks