Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 12:29   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
The pictures speak for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see you doing this route more often now.
Yes, I too enjoy riding on these type of single road more than open freeways as long as the tarmac is good. I really dont like arrow straight roads

I have personally done this route atleast 8-10 times over last 3-4 years but, mostly on my bullet and first time on the Bonnie

Here is the link to some pictures from a ride on my bull to same destination :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3325633
Old 16th June 2014, 18:22   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was a beautiful and almost perfect morning as it was cool and was cloudy throughout our ride. We headed to Medak church which is roughly about 110kms from home one-way and takes us through some beautiful forest route which is a heaven for bikers.
Good pics avi

Having done the same route few times on my ninja, i can totally relate what you are saying.Absoultely love the corners on the road,except for the surprise monkeys.Hopefully will do this route soon.

Now that the monsoons are here(at least it feels so),can't wait to hit the green places around

regards,
harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 08:21   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Having done the same route few times on my ninja, i can totally relate what you are saying.Absoultely love the corners on the road,except for the surprise monkeys.Hopefully will do this route soon.
I forgot to mention, while enroute we bumped into your Ninja friends who rode with us during one weekend ( black and green Ninja)

Yeah, the corners are superb ( plenty of right handers immediately followed by left handers, designed to keep you on your toes)

Hope the pictures made you realize that its a bad habit to drop out of a ride in the last minute

Quote:
Now that the monsoons are here(at least it feels so),can't wait to hit the green places around
Oh yeah. Nagarjunsagar Dam, Srisailam Forest & Dam and Vikarabad Lake should all be part of the monsoon ride plan

Lets start monsoon season with a bang by riding to Srisailam or NSagar on June 28th.

What Say?
Old 17th June 2014, 20:10   #454
BHPian

Quote:
I forgot to mention, while enroute we bumped into your Ninja friends who rode with us during one weekend ( black and green Ninja)
Yep,three of them on ninjas were on the same route!
one guy(vinfred) is on team-bhp too!

Quote:
Hope the pictures made you realize that its a bad habit to drop out of a ride in the last minute
I sincerely hope this is the last time,period.

Quote:
Lets start monsoon season with a bang by riding to Srisailam or NSagar on June 28th.

What Say?
Sounds perfect

I would also add kuntala water-falls to the last and a proper inter-state ride will be enough for this monsoon
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 08:19   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would also add kuntala water-falls to the last and a proper inter-state ride will be enough for this monsoon
Done. Lets earmark the following places for rides in coming monsoon

1. Nagarjunsagar Dam
2. Srisailam Dam ( I would include trekking and camping in forest as well)
3. Vikarabad Lake
4. Kuntala Waterfalls ( Where is this exactly, never been there before)

Next big ride slated for June 28th, Iam game for a short ride this saturday as well.

Iam travelling most of July and August and wont get a chance to ride much in these months.
Old 18th June 2014, 10:54   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Done. Lets earmark the following places for rides in coming monsoon

1. Nagarjunsagar Dam
2. Srisailam Dam ( I would include trekking and camping in forest as well)
3. Vikarabad Lake
4. Kuntala Waterfalls ( Where is this exactly, never been there before)

Next big ride slated for June 28th, Iam game for a short ride this saturday

Perfect list!
Kuntala waterfalls is near adilabad,close to 260 kms from hyderabad.

Route consists of the butter smooth 4-lane road(nagpur highway)which is followed by scenic twisty roads

And regarding the saturday ride,i dont think we even need to discuss about it
Its our weekly ritual!
Old 20th June 2014, 08:23   #457
BHPian

Found this cool accessories for motorbike users. Its a Bluetooth device which fits inside helmets can be used to receive calls and intercom communications between riders.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/u...or-single-pack
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 15:16   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Found this cool accessories for motorbike users. Its a Bluetooth device which fits inside helmets can be used to receive calls and intercom communications between riders.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/u...or-single-pack
Thanks Pawan for the useful linky. However, If iam considering a bluetooth headset purely for speaking to someone while riding, I would consider the following brands in preference

1. Sena
2. Scala

However, I avoid taking calls when iam driving unless it's from home ministry....So there is no question of me receiving calls when Iam riding.

However, just to ensure that nobody is trying to reach me in an emergency, I check my phone everytime i stop when iam riding so as to call back ( if really required)

Having said above, I will pick a economic bluetooth headset like this if I really want to buy one in future :-

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...etooth-headset
Old 21st June 2014, 13:32   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Been down in the dumps this entire week due to cold and bad cough but, that didnt stop me from going for a short spin this morning mostly the outskirts of the city near Gandipet & Himayathsagar Lakes covering 120kms

Completed 4500kms in little over 4 months

Not bad for a "Ride only on weekends" bike...Eh?
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140621_082628_edit.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 16:12   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not bad for a "Ride only on weekends" bike...Eh?
Not bad...You seem to be living on your bike on the weekends. Good going!!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 23:36   #461
BHPian

Hi,

I have been following your thread everyday. Nice write-up !

Took the test ride of the Bonneville in Bangalore along with my wife this Friday. Also wanted to take a TD of the XC800 but it is not available yet in Bangalore. Is it available in Hyd?

Overall my initial impression of the Bonneville was very good. However had a few concerns.
1. The clutch was very hard. Not sure because this was the TD vehicle or in general that is how it is.
2. Rear suspension felt a little hard. What is your input on this?
(FYI: I have owned Thunderbird and a CBR 250R till now.)
3. Bonneville does not have ABS. Do you think this is a drawback? Considering you have driven extensively on it, I thought you might be the best person to answer this.
4. I was thinking of replacing the speedometer with one in Bonneville T100. Does it have any additional specs when compared to SE version. As one of your group member have T 100.

I see that one of the group members in your pictures is a riding a Tiger XC800, which has karnataka (KA) registration. How do you think this one fares on tarmac when compared to the Bonneville?
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:30   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru153 View Post
Took the test ride of the Bonneville in Bangalore along with my wife this Friday. Also wanted to take a TD of the XC800 but it is not available yet in Bangalore. Is it available in Hyd?
Tiger 800XC is available in Hyderabad. Both for test ride as well as for purchase

Quote:
1. The clutch was very hard. Not sure because this was the TD vehicle or in general that is how it
Iam surprised to note this feedback.

In contrary Bonnie's clutch is ultra soft and almost feather-like. Without sounding like iam exaggerating, you can slip in a gear by pulling in clutch with you little finger.

So there is definetly something wrong with bike you test rode. Check out other Bonnie's as well.

Quote:
2. Rear suspension felt a little hard. What is your input on this? (FYI: I have owned Thunderbird and a CBR 250R till now.)
Even I ride a bullet and coming from lower-end bikes, initial feel was similar like you which I have reported on this thread that suspension seemed quite hard.

But, now after riding the bonnie for 4500kms, I feel suspension is "Perfect" it's hard in a perfect way and never comes in your way of a comfortable ride and is definetly not bone jarringly hard like a HD.

You can glide over rough patches at high speeds without even feeling any discomfort

Quote:
3. Bonneville does not have ABS. Do you think this is a drawback? Considering you have driven extensively on it, I thought you might be the best person to answer this.
Braking is one of the strongest point of a Bonneville. I keep repeating this feature with almost an "Awe' that braking of bonneville at high speeds on highways is to be experienced to be beileved. Front brakes especially can take your breath away

Coming back to your query, I dont miss the ABS and dont even think its required

Quote:
4. I was thinking of replacing the speedometer with one in Bonneville T100. Does it have any additional specs when compared to SE version. As one of your group member have T100.
Bonneville T100 is exactly same bike as Bonneville SE except for the cosmetic changes like RPM Meter, Bigger 19" front wheel and both wheels are spoked instead of alloys, Lots of chrome etc

You can easily fit the Speedometer-cum-RPM meter console to a Bonneville SE. It costs Rs.17,000

Quote:
I see that one of the group members in your pictures is a riding a Tiger XC800, which has karnataka (KA) registration. How do you think this one fares on tarmac when compared to the Bonneville?
There is a very interesting incident about this gentleman who owns the Tiger 800XC. In his excitement to own the first Tiger, he picked up the bike from Bangalore as dealership opened there a day before Hyderabad and was riding back to Hyderabad and happened to pass the Triumph showroom in Hyderabad and was shocked that it opened here as well and was a bit aghast as now he has to pay some additional amount for this oversight

Now to your query, He is happy with the Tiger on tarmac except that he feels it's handling is not that great and is not too stable at high speeds. After riding with us so many times, He's infact in love with Bonneville's as he is surprised they pass him so easily, wriggle between vehicles so easily and he just cannot keep up with them

He told me, he might pick up a Bonneville pretty soon. If your seriously interested in a Tiger, I can share you his number and you can speak to him directly and refer my name as he is a very good friend now

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd June 2014 at 09:32.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:38   #463
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Overall my initial impression of the Bonneville was very good. However had a few concerns.
1. The clutch was very hard. Not sure because this was the TD vehicle or in general that is how it is.

2. Does it have any additional specs when compared to SE version. As one of your group member have T 100.
Quote:
Iam surprised to note this feedback.

In contrary Bonnie's clutch is ultra soft and almost feather-like. Without sounding like iam exaggerating, you can slip in a gear by pulling in clutch with you little finger.

So there is definetly something wrong with bike you test rode. Check out other Bonnie's as well.
I am not surprised.

It has something to do with the way some one in Keerti adjusts the clutch (I need to give this feed back to them as well). When I got my bike back from service, I too found the clutch to be much harder than it was previously. Once I adjuted the play at the bottom end, everything was back to normal/as it was before.

So the TD bike must be at the setting that the person does.

As Mobike008 said the differences are cosmetic except the size of the front wheel - which is bigger. Also some people find the T100 handles slightly more comfortable - also it has better sleek Barke fluid reservoir, which is incorporated in to the right hand control housing.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:19   #464
BHPian

Found this very useful compact, smallest, very handy Digital Air Pressure Guage for 600 INR. I just placed order, Cash On Delivery

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00F...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:06   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I am not surprised. It has something to do with the way some one in Keerti adjusts the clutch (I need to give this feed back to them as well). When I got my bike back from service, I too found the clutch to be much harder than it was previously. Once I adjuted the play at the bottom end, everything was back to normal/as it was before.
Quote:
There you go. Mystery solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Found this very useful compact, smallest, very handy Digital Air Pressure Guage for 600 INR. I just placed order, Cash On Delivery
Pawan this device just guages air pressure..correct?

What use can it be if it cannot fill air? I rely on speedbreakers and rough patches to know my bike's air pressure and they give me perfect indication if my bike's air pressure is low

Btw, where is your location? Do you live in Germany or Pune? And, which bike you ride currently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks