Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 16:51   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
Yes, the ride quality is bit stiff, it looks like the suspensions are tuned as per the origin country. Please also do write about the fuel that need to be used. Did they recommend to use high octane gasolene? Is there a possibility of attaching a leg guard to the bike?
Thanks. I have mentioned several times regarding the fuel. Its regular 92 octane petrol from any bunk that you fancy. No problems at all

Whats a leg guard? Is that something different from Crash Guard? If you mean the same then there is one available from Triumph itself. Looks ghastly though after installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Avi, my guess is you'll have a 10% reduction in mileage after installing the Arrows, 50% of which will be because of change in riding style .
....Totally right about that. If you arent revving then why bother install Arrows

But, you havent confirmed to me with conviction? Should I or shouldnt I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
My Iron's FE was in 22-26 range and after my stage 1 set up - is now around 20-22 KMPL.
22-26 is a broad range? Did you mean that as in City-Highway?

By now, I know what average iam getting which seems pretty much standard across all fuel top-ups.

It's 18-19kmpl in city/short rides and got 22kmpl during the Bangalore ride

10% FE reduction means...I will get to ride the bonnie that much less...what a shame...LOL!!!
Old 10th June 2014, 16:55   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
22-26 is a broad range? Did you mean that as in City-Highway?

By now, I know what average iam getting which seems pretty much standard across all fuel top-ups.

It's 18-19kmpl in city/short rides and got 22kmpl during the Bangalore ride

10% FE reduction means...I will get to ride the bonnie that much less...what a shame...LOL!!!
Avi, I was talking only about Highway FE.

22 - 1) Bad quality Fuel, Throttle happy, Crappy traffic. 2) After upgrading to Stage 1 - I have not got anything beyond 22 kmpl.

26 - Sedate riding, around 100+ kmph speeds, good quality fuel etc.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 17:14   #438
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks sir.

Yes, you are right about the 10% (approx) reduction in FE. And that probably is a standard irrespective of which brand of bike one owns.

My Iron's FE was in 22-26 range and after my stage 1 set up - is now around 20-22 KMPL.

There is a friend of mine, who has gone the extra length of drilling more holes in his Screaming Eagles slip on's -- Guess what, he is getting 7 kmpl -- mainly because of his - what I call - Boom! Boom! riding style!

I dont think Any kind of Boom Boom or Kaboom riding style can cause 7kmpl on 883. Not unless one is in 1st gear forever.

drilling baffles or exhaust , or running completely without exhaust will only cause bike to run lean & Hot- not likely to consume more fuel , atleast not enough to drop FE to 7 from 20odd.

must be an error in measurement of KMPL.
It may be case of Injector Leaking. or may be just another case of My friend Beat Hussein Bolt on Moon!
Old 10th June 2014, 17:25   #439
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Avi, my guess is you'll have a 10% reduction in mileage after installing the Arrows, 50% of which will be because of change in riding style .
Very well put Arun. Its natural instinct that you want to experience more of the "feel good factors" and tend to go hard with your right fist, thus diminisging the FE. But after spending INR 60K you should have the gratification of "feeling good" rather than being bothered about our "national question" - kitna deta hai !

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 10th June 2014, 17:43   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
I dont think Any kind of Boom Boom or Kaboom riding style can cause 7kmpl on 883. Not unless one is in 1st gear forever.

drilling baffles or exhaust , or running completely without exhaust will only cause bike to run lean & Hot- not likely to consume more fuel , atleast not enough to drop FE to 7 from 20odd.

must be an error in measurement of KMPL.
It may be case of Injector Leaking. or may be just another case of My friend Beat Hussein Bolt on Moon!
Haha! Dushyant, you must see him riding to know what I am talking about.

Example: He stops at a traffic light - goes full throttle, release, goes full throttle release. Traffic light turns green - does a burn out with TWO (Throttle Wide Open) and scoots.

While overtaking any slow moving vehicles - goes up quietly beside them - Goes BOOM BOOM! and on the lowest gear possible - perhaps 1st - opens throttle wide!

Don't you think this could give him that FE?
Old 10th June 2014, 17:46   #441
BANNED

Quote:
Haha! Dushyant, you must see him riding to know what I am talking about.

Example: He stops at a traffic light - goes full throttle, release, goes full throttle release. Traffic light turns green - does a burn out with TWO (Throttle Wide Open) and scoots.

While overtaking any slow moving vehicles - goes up quietly beside them - Goes BOOM BOOM! and on the lowest gear possible - perhaps 1st - opens throttle wide!

Don't you think this could give him that FE?

Seems Like some one is Enjoying a Sportster!
Two gals fell off their scooty , when I downshifted to 1st at 50kph, not that it was Intended.
I however have not got anything below 13kmpl - even when I was trying unrealistic rich mixtures and trying to find out the limits.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 10th June 2014 at 17:53.
Old 11th June 2014, 08:07   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi, my guess is you'll have a 10% reduction in mileage after installing the Arrows, 50% of which will be because of change in riding style
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Very well put Arun. Its natural instinct that you want to experience more of the "feel good factors" and tend to go hard with your right fist, thus diminisging the FE
Arun & Ram,

I checked with dealership and they are out of stock and have placed an order for the 2X2 Arrow exhausts and it will be take a minimum of 1 month for it to arrive. Maybe even 2 months

In the meantime, they are expecting 2X1 Arrow Exhuasts from a previous placed order

They were suggesting this one is also equally good in terms of sound, performance etc. If interested the service head offered to keep one aside for me

Any inputs you can share? Should i wait for 2X2 or Should I get the 2X1 ( my ask is sound and performance increment without sacrificing the engine characteristics)

2X2 : 60K
2X1 : 50K

Cheers
Avi
Old 11th June 2014, 11:08   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any inputs you can share? Should i wait for 2X2 or Should I get the 2X1 ( my ask is sound and performance increment without sacrificing the engine characteristics)

Cheers
Avi
Avi, I know I am butting in. Sorry about that. But my personal choice would be 2x2 Mostly from the look perspective as I am not sure the performance difference between the 2.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 11:21   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arun & Ram,

Cheers
Avi
Here is my two pisa worth !!
  • Performance-wise I don't think (and I am told by people using or have used both) between them there will be any noticable difference.
  • Almost ditto on the audio department as well
  • If you want to maintain and like the classic look - go for 2x2
  • If you want to be different - go for 2x1
  • Also with 2x1 you get the additional benifit of "ease" of rear tyre/wheel removal.
Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 11th June 2014 at 11:23.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 13:04   #445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi, I know I am butting in. Sorry about that. But my personal choice would be 2x2 Mostly from the look perspective as I am not sure the performance difference between the 2.
Absolutely my thoughts too Shubz. Beauty of the Bonnie is from the rear angle where the twin exhausts are in full view

Quote:
If you want to be different - go for 2x1
Thanks for the fantastic inputs. If performance is same then I have one concern less

How can this be different? Oh you mean in between a group of Bonnie? Otherwise, 2X1 will actually make it look even more plaid than now ( personal feeling)

Quote:
Also with 2x1 you get the additional benifit of "ease" of rear tyre/wheel removal.
This is a well thought input

Iam not too keen to save 10k and go for 2X1. I think will wait it out for the 2X2 to available in stock. I even called up Keerthi Bangalore and they too dont have stock and quoting 65K and 2 months waiting for this part to arrive
Old 11th June 2014, 14:22   #446
Team-BHP Support

I heard there is a 20k one with bigger baffle holes for bonnie, which gives best of both of worlds. Do check it out.
Old 11th June 2014, 14:33   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I heard there is a 20k one with bigger baffle holes for bonnie, which gives best of both of worlds. Do check it out.
Thats known as the High Flow Silencers/Free Flow Silencers and cost 24K

I have driven both Bonnie SE and Bonnie T100 with those silencers installed. They were a slight improvement in sound but, after riding the Arrow Bonnie for a long period, they kind of pale in comparison

Here are the posts where I shared my views :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3439967

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3444251
Old 13th June 2014, 15:45   #448
Distinguished - BHPian

When a friday evening is fast approaching, most of us think of weekend ahead. But, I seem to get more excited about our saturday rides as I prefer riding on saturdays than on sundays ( Occasional sunday rides is fine)

For me personally, Sunday = Chilling at Home !!!

As a matter of fact, ever since I got the Bonnie, I dont think I missed out on even a single saturday ride

Tomorrow our close knit biker group is riding to Medak Church through the beautiful Narsapur forest which has two things galore---Monkeys & Twisties
Old 14th June 2014, 17:53   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow our close knit biker group is riding to Medak Church through the beautiful Narsapur forest
As planned, today decided to skip the regular 4-lane highway where the only exercise you can ever get is for the right wrist.

It was a beautiful and almost perfect morning as it was cool and was cloudy throughout our ride. We headed to Medak church which is roughly about 110kms from home one-way and takes us through some beautiful forest route which is a heaven for bikers.

Incidentally spotted quite a few other groups too riding on this route which is filled with twisties and some of them quite dangerous ( especially one that was extremely sharp left and took almost all of us by surprise and everyone went into a scramble to control their bikes)

We stopped in middle of the forest and enjoyed the scenary and cool breeze and had fun shooing away the monkeys too..LOL

Almost entire 100kms is 2-lane road with plenty of trees on both sides gave us a much respite from the regular freeway type of riding

If someone wants to learn how to handle a bike, this is the route to take. Well, riding through this route for the Bonnie was extremely enjoyable and it felt right at home

Spent some time at the Medak church and then had a hearty breakfast before heading back to town via. the main highway so as not to miss our weekend adrenal rush

220kms of weekend ride done; Can now look forward to a great work week ahead
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9302001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9310001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9311.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9312.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9313001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9314.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9315.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9316001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9317.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9320001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9321001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9323001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9326.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9332.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9342001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9345.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9346001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9348001.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_dsc9349001.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th June 2014 at 10:05. Reason: typos corrected
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 10:39   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As planned, today decided to skip the regular 4-lane highway where the only exercise you can ever get is for the right wrist.

It was a beautiful and almost perfect morning as it was cool and was cloudy throughout our ride. We headed to Medak church which is roughly about 110kms from home one-way and takes us through some beautiful forest route which is a heaven for bikers.
The pictures speak for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see you doing this route more often now. I think I have seem some pictures of this route from pictures posted by respected TBHPian DKG in his weekend ride pictures.

As some one very rightly said - Many Roads to Ride and so little time !!!

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks