Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:58   #406
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Now I realize this cleaning business is going to get expensive. The MOTUL C1 is almost half finished by the time we were done with this cleaning job
Avi,

I am cross posting the link from the KTM 390 ownership thread - askamath's post - wonderful thing, I haven't come across this so far (hope the cross post link below works).

If we can adapt one of these for Bonney - Bye Bye expensive Centre Stands

Chain Cleaning - I would say that if you do more often it need not be an expensive affair. Did you watch the video link I posted ? That is all it requires in reality.

You friend has done a wonderful 'detailing' quality job on the chain, but in my opinion its an over do. A can of cleaner & lube should be enough for 4 to 6 time specially if you have the grunge brush - that is a key tool

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 23rd May 2014 at 10:04.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:08   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
If we can adapt one of these for Bonney - Bye Bye expensive Centre Stands

Chain Cleaning - I would say that if you do more often it need not be an expensive affair. Did you watch the video link I posted ? That is all it requires in reality.

A can of cleaner & lube should be enough for 4 to 6 time specially if you have the grunge brush - that is a key tool
Ram, Trust you to identify such lovely tools. That centre stand tool seems so simple and looks like a permanent fix for the D200

Will it work similarly for Bonnie?

Agree on extra usage of C1 and Lube on my first ever chain cleaning exercise. He went trigger happy I suppose and i cannot blame him as he was teaching me but, we all learn from experiences. Next time onwards I am going to do it on my own and use it as stringently as that guy in the video you shared which clearly outlines that you need not spray in tonnes to get the chain cleaned and lubed

Should I set myself an interval of once every 1000kms? I personally feel once every 500kms an overkill Or am i wrong in my assumption?

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd May 2014 at 12:09.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:26   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I realize this cleaning business is going to get expensive. The MOTUL C1 is almost half finished by the time we were done with this cleaning job
It's highly likely that the chain was extremely dirty which needed more solvent to clean and lube the chain.

For my Ninja, one can of chain lube and chain clean lasts at least 8-10 instances if not more. There is also not much difference between your bike chain and mine as I have the X-ring chain too.

Quote:
specially if you have the grunge brush - that is a key tool
In the absence of this, an old toothbrush will do just fine.

Quote:
Should I set myself an interval of once every 1000kms? I personally feel once every 500kms an overkill Or am i wrong in my assumption?
Well, the kms I mentioned was only indicative. It is best to inspect the chain every time before you ride out. Clean and lube if necessary which could be more frequent if you're riding in dusty environments.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:54   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
It's highly likely that the chain was extremely dirty which needed more solvent to clean and lube the chain.

For my Ninja, one can of chain lube and chain clean lasts at least 8-10
Thats very much possible as I cleaned the chain after almost 2700kms

I will be a happy Joe if the cans last me minimum 4 applications at 1000kms intervals each.

Mani our fellow Triumph Bonnie T100 rider got the following installed and since he is a young chap and considers me his elder bro, so he came home and sought my approval/feedback. Sweet isnt he?

He installed the Hi-Flow Silencer. Pipes are just slip on but, requires some ECU tuning. Pipes as you can see is same as stock and also retains the smoothness. At idle its quiet as stock but, when you revv there is a nice delicious grumble. Not too loud, not too soft either. Me like it !!!

Cost of same was ~ 24K

He also installed a windscreen at ~17.5K.

I rode the bike and thought the windscreen was quite tall and didnt ask if it was height adjustable. It was coming into my line of vision and was not very comfortable. but, since he is shorter than me. He is happy with it

He chose this...

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140519wa026.jpg

He considered this as well...

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140519wa020.jpg

Wish I was as young as him and had a rich father like his prodding to buy only OEM stuff...LOL!

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd May 2014 at 18:01.
Old 25th May 2014, 09:45   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet another weekend and yet another lovely ride to Hill Park on the Bangalore Highway for a great breakfast and while return took a detour & spent a lovely hour on the private property of a friend facing the lake

Despite the hot summer and at 11'sh, it was cool and windy next to the water.

Next time we plan to do a BBQ at that spot ( which is actually the "Go-to-Spot" of Jeep Offroaders in our group)

HD Superglide after a few mods like new breather and some tweaks to its V&H system was performing way better than it was before as per the owner and it was clearly showing as well.

Needless to say, it added a beautiful soundtrack to silent assasin characters of this movie
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_065852.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_094054.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140524wa021.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140524wa020.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_105536.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_105414.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_105512.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140524_104537.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th May 2014 at 11:48. Reason: typo
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 11:17   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yet another weekend and yet another lovely ride to Hill Park on the Bangalore Highway for a great breakfast and while return took a detour & spent a lovely hour on the private property of a friend facing the lake
I don't know about the distances involved, but seem to have been a lovely ride. Nice pics by the lake.

But I had eyes only for two - partially visible "Blue Beauty" and the last pic of the "Grey Lord" (hope you had put up more pics). Please pass my complements to the respective owners if you know them. Only thing out of place on them are the shockabsorbers. Original types (new ones) are available off ebay etc.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 25th May 2014, 11:46   #412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know about the distances involved, but seem to have been a lovely ride. Nice pics by the lake.

But I had eyes only for two - partially visible "Blue Beauty" and the last pic of the "Grey Lord" (hope you had put up more pics). Please pass my complements to the respective owners if you know them. Only thing out of place on them are the shockabsorbers. Original types (new ones) are available off ebay etc.
Total distance for this breakfast ride was about 175kms including the short detour to this lake

Which is the blue beauty that you referring to? As there was no blue colored bike with us from entire 7 bikes that rode yesterday

P.S: Btw, its the same black RD that I posted in this thread before but, now repainted to a matte greyish green

Last edited by mobike008 : 25th May 2014 at 11:50.
Old 25th May 2014, 17:05   #413
Senior - BHPian

Adding pix from Syama's FB page. These are King and Queen seats and after market exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-1957890_624395590984006_5319640285759066664_o.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-10295305_624396527650579_9186343381797394560_o.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 10:27   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Which is the blue beauty that you referring to? As there was no blue colored bike with us from entire 7 bikes that rode yesterday
Its Mine and Sanjay's ...

Cheers Ram.

regards
Arun.
Old 26th May 2014, 10:44   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Adding pix from Syama's FB page. These are King and Queen seats and after market exhaust.
Thats a lovely looking T100

I have seen the seats on display at dealership and even placed it on both T100 and SE and note it suits only T100 and looks out of place on an SE

By the looks of it, those seats look supremely comfortable !!
Old 29th May 2014, 09:14   #416
Senior - BHPian

Y
Quote:
Thats a lovely looking T100

I have seen the seats on display at dealership and even placed it on both T100 and SE and note it suits only T100 and looks out of place on an SE

By the looks of it, those seats look supremely comfortable !!
And the owner took back the bike for its first service in 2 and half days Beat that!
Yup, seats look comfortable. Any idea on the price?
And any idea how those silencers 'sound'?
Old 29th May 2014, 10:44   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And the owner took back the bike for its first service in 2 and half days
Yes, I saw that mentioned on Triumph FB page. Owner needs to buy a good helmet though

Quote:
Yup, seats look comfortable. Any idea on the price?
There are two types of seats which I saw at showroom. Both are in range of 20K-25K

Quote:
And any idea how those silencers 'sound'?
I rode this friend's T100 fitted with similar High Flow Silencers (HFS) and as mentioned in this post and also posted a video

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3439967

They sound same as stock at idle and when you revv it, it makes a small rumble and no where near the loud cracking sound of Arrows

Best part though is engine still feels smooth which cannot be said for an Arrow fitted Bonnie

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th May 2014 at 10:54. Reason: typo
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 16:58   #418
Senior - BHPian

Did you get a chance to ride the Bonnie with the windscreen. Me and my brother are contemplating on adding the windscreen to our Bonnie. If you have not ridden it, can you give it a try and give your feedback.
Old 29th May 2014, 18:13   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Did you get a chance to ride the Bonnie with the windscreen. Me and my brother are contemplating on adding the windscreen to our Bonnie. If you have not ridden it, can you give it a try and give your feedback.
Look a Mobike008's post # 409 in the thread. Also relevant Post # 384 & 385.

I have also made some comments about that subsequently. My take is that if you are going in for the WS then you need to put in a stabiliser as well, for a firm ride at good speeds.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 29th May 2014 at 18:17.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2014, 08:34   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
As Ram pointed out in earlier post, I did ride the Bonnie T100 that was fitted with High Flow Silencer (HFS) and also had the windscreen pictures of which I have posted a few posts back

My take on both of them :-

HFS : They are nice and subtle. No change at idle but, when you revv the engine, it has a nice grumble. Classy and not shrill or loud like Arrows which is also not bad but, there are chances of getting annoyed with that loudness in course of time besides the engine feel didnt felt smooth to me

Windscreen : Well, for that particular T100, windscreen height was quite a bit and i was not happy with it. Iam 6ft. 1in tall and windscreen was neither below or above my line of vision and for quick overtakes in city ( rode it just in city traffic at night) it was quite cubersome as i had to bend down or peer up to get clear line of vision through the windscreen

Yesterday happen to meet a new Bonnie owner ( thankfully another black color as i dont find people buying this color) who did 1200kms in 15 days

I met him to check out the HFS for Bonnie SE model and I liked it better than than T100. Exhaust note even at idle has a deeper growl and when you revv it, very bassy and lovely rumble. Iam almost sold on it but, wont install till i get a chance to ride it on highway first

Btw, if you look at the exhaust mouth picture that I posted. Can someone confirm if it has baffles or not? It looks as if it does not have baffles but, dealership confirmed they have not removed it and dont recommend it as well.

He has installed quite a few other accessories like :-

1. Fuel Lock
2. Crash Guard
3. Skid Plate
4. Bonnie King & Queen Seats ( I found it completely marred the looks of Bonnie, looks really out of place while it suits Bonnie T100)
5. Tachometer ( Beautiful installation-Neat and Clean)
6. High Flow Silencer

I reckon he spent an overall 70K on above

Out of the above list. I am keen only on Tachometer and HFS as of now
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_183006.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_183014.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_183035.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_185302.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_185310.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140529_185329.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed