Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 15:33   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
You are already getting what you will. Again a lot depends on your right hand, but, realistically not much
Iam happy with 18kmpl and just to squeeze a few more kmpl, I cannot afford to sacrifice my right hand's itch
Old 23rd April 2014, 14:38   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

Myself and T100 owner friend went out for a short spin (60kms) this morning.

I hadn't touched my BB for almost a week and when I switched on the ignition, needle does its usual jig and returns to normal.

During this process, I heard a weird sound which lasted for about 4-5 seconds and I never heard that sound before (cant even remember now how it exactly sounded but, didnt sound normal though)

I was alarmed for a moment but, when it stopped didnt think much of it

No issues otherwise during the ride which lasted from 6:30am-8:00am with a 10 minutes tea-break !!!
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:28   #318
BHPian

Hey Avi, that4-5 sec sound is no email as it's the fuel injection system. That is what I vaguely remember the showroom guy telling me during delivery. He did say to wait for this sound to finish and then start the bike.
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:43   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hey Avi, that4-5 sec sound is no email as it's the fuel injection system. That is what I vaguely remember the showroom guy telling me during delivery. He did say to wait for this sound to finish and then start the bike.
Sanket, Iam aware about the EFI sound and its a nice whirring sound.

I experienced a very different sound which is not the one your referring to.
Old 23rd April 2014, 15:50   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
During this process, I heard a weird sound which lasted for about 4-5 seconds and I never heard that sound before (cant even remember now how it exactly sounded but, didnt sound normal though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hey Avi, that4-5 sec sound is no email as it's the fuel injection system.
Avi, as soon as you switch on the bike first time for use on a day, there is a slight buzzing sound which lasts for 5 seconds - as rightly pointed out by Sanket, it the FI & The Pump under the tank priming itself.

But I am sure you would have heard this part/sound before.

Just as a precaution, check the screws on the battery teminal and tighten - put a slight coat of vasiline/petrileum jelly on them as well.

If you found nothing wrong on the subsequent ride, there is nothing wrong with it, I am sure.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:55   #321
BHPian

Just wanted to check if your BLR plans are still on. If so, whats your schedule. Do you'll plan to ride Sunday morning with any BLR triumph riders? Am tight on work sched, but if you have some local riding plans - will try and work something. Cheers
maverick_driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:35   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just as a precaution, check the screws on the battery teminal and tighten - put a slight coat of vasiline/petrileum jelly on them as well.If you found nothing wrong on the subsequent ride, there is nothing wrong with it, I am sure.
Ram, its not the regular fuel pump noise but, was something else. I think will wait for it to reappear if no, then just forget about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_driver View Post
Just wanted to check if your BLR plans are still on. If so, whats your schedule. Do you'll plan to ride Sunday morning with any BLR triumph riders? Am tight on work sched, but if you have some local riding plans - will try and work something. Cheers
Hi MD, Our plan is on and we should be reaching Bangalore at 12:00pm on April 26th and will leave Bangalore latest by 4:00pm on April 27th

5 Bonnies, 1 TB 500 & 1 Innova. Total 12 Pax !!!

We already have plans for dinner with some of our friends.

We can meet either for a quick coffee on saturday late afternoon or a short ride on Sunday morning.
Old 24th April 2014, 00:15   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Overall Tiger may give slightly better FE owing to the additional cylinder but, only real world experience can tell the right FE figures.
Indeed the 3 cyclinder engines give more numbers. Daytona gives around 22 kmpl on highways. An exception among the twin cyclinders is TBird Storm, which gave the highest at close to 30 kmpl on all of our rides.
Old 24th April 2014, 08:08   #324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Daytona gives around 22 kmpl on highways. An exception among the twin cyclinders is TBird Storm, which gave the highest at close to 30 kmpl on all of our rides.
Nice to know that. I think our trip to Bangalore will unveil quite a few things about the Bonneville with respect to FE, Long touring comfort, Highway manners etc..etc

Just 48 hours to go and we all are terribly excited
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 09:55   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Indeed the 3 cyclinder engines give more numbers. Daytona gives around 22 kmpl on highways. An exception among the twin cyclinders is TBird Storm, which gave the highest at close to 30 kmpl on all of our rides.
I was thinking more cylinder = less mileage because fuel will be injected in each cylinder, means more fuel per cylinder.

TBird Storm is having big 1700CC engine, how it manages 30? Strange.
Old 24th April 2014, 15:46   #326
BHPian

Quote:
I think our trip to Bangalore will unveil quite a few things about the Bonneville with respect to FE, Long touring comfort, Highway manners etc..etc

Indeed, please do share Avi. I am also eagerly waiting to hear your feedback on the highway/long touring attributes. I am specifically looking at wind blast to chest, knee angle, butt comfort.
Old 24th April 2014, 15:55   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Indeed, please do share Avi. I am also eagerly waiting to hear your feedback on the highway/long touring attributes. I am specifically looking at wind blast to chest, knee angle, butt comfort.
Haroon,

Except on butt comfort it will be on par with any nacked bike. On the BC, with the stock seats there will be some whines, unless one has been endowed amply by the maker, in the that region, like I am and hence, I am ok with the stock seat. But I have it on project to switch to a gel seat or at least a gel seat insert in the near future.

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2014, 17:19   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Sure Haroon. Please expect a ride report, pics and videos my style when iam back

Quote:
Except on butt comfort it will be on par with any nacked bike. On the BC, with the stock seats there will be some whines, unless one has been endowed amply by the maker, in the that region, like I am and hence, I am ok with the stock seat
Our maker has endowed me with an ample back-side so iam hoping stock seats wont make me whine too much (atleast i didnt whine for 250kms rides)
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 05:25   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Ram, its not the regular fuel pump noise but, was something else. I think will wait for it to reappear if no, then just forget about it

Hi MD, Our plan is on and we should be reaching Bangalore at 12:00pm on April 26th and will leave Bangalore latest by 4:00pm on April 27th

5 Bonnies, 1 TB 500 & 1 Innova. Total 12 Pax !!!

We already have plans for dinner with some of our friends.

We can meet either for a quick coffee on saturday late afternoon or a short ride on Sunday morning.
Hi Mobike008,
Saturday is not possible as I have a couple of meetings already scheduled. There is a plan to ride on Sunday morning, small group 2-3 bikes. Riding towards kolas, apprx 160 Kms or so ( up and down). If you'll are leaving at 4 pm the same day am not sure if you'll would be inclined. If yes, do let me know would be great! If not, no worries, we can catch up another time. Anyway, ride safe. Cheers,
Old 25th April 2014, 17:35   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I was thinking more cylinder = less mileage because fuel will be injected in each cylinder, means more fuel per cylinder.

TBird Storm is having big 1700CC engine, how it manages 30? Strange.
It is really strange and shocking. We expected it would be the least in FE but it turned out to be the best. One reason could be that, its still running-in and due to riding at lower speeds FE is relatively more. But I need to mention that the smoothness of that 1700cc engine makes the ride much more comfortable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks