Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2013, 02:26   #1
BHPian

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?

One of my customer have this ducati monster which met an accident and since then lying in the garage and doesn't start.
I am sharing these pictures i received.

I want to know which model of monster is it?
Want will be the cost to repair it considering the pictures.
What must have happen that it is not starting.

I will get the price i ask so i request to kindly help me decide to buy it or leave it.

Thanks
Farooq
Attached Thumbnails
Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa001.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa002.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa0010.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa0011.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa0012.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-img20130401wa0013.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-111.jpg  

Is this Ducati Monster repairable?-222.jpg  

Old 9th April 2013, 02:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Is this monster repairable?

Looks like Monster 795, but merely looking at the pics, it's almost impossible to predict what may have gone wrong.

A lot can happen during the accident, so if he has insurance, it's the first thing to claim, but if it wasn't insured (which would be quite shocking to hear though), then the repair cost is certainly not easy to predict either.

Depending upon extent of damage it may be as low as Rs 50k to as high as even couple of lakhs or more!
Old 9th April 2013, 02:35   #3
BANNED

Starting should be the easiest piece of the puzzle. A good battery, and a electrical test to the starter - it will certainly fire up.

More concerned about the structural integrity and the kind of accident. The headlights were damaged. Was it a t bone crash? Is the frame and the front suspension in order? Easy way to test this is to sit on the bike and ride it down hill - let go of the handle bar and see if it rides straight. If it does, the frame is most probably good to go.

Look at what needs replacement, the price of spares, and the time value of money. (Assuming its your labor). Looking at these - I would pay peanuts for it - scrap metal value.
prasadee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 02:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post
One of my customer have this ducati monster which met an accident and since then lying in the garage and doesn't start.
I am sharing these pictures i received.

I will get the price i ask so i request to kindly help me decide to buy it or leave it.

Thanks
Farooq
Its either the 795 or the 796. If it has a single sided rear Swing Arm then it is the 796 otherwise the 795. Well its difficult to gauge from this pic the level of the damage but just let me warn you that fixing Ducatis is very damn expensive. One of my known had a small crash on his 796. One of his rims was bent and one side rider footpeg assembly cracked and some other minor damages. The repair bill was around a lakh of rupees. The footpeg assembly costed a whopping 20K. The cost of rims was equal to the cost of a good 150cc bike.

Regards
Rachit.
Old 9th April 2013, 08:28   #5
BHPian

Re: Is this Ducati Monster repairable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post

Farooq
That is a Monster 696. http://www.ducati.com/bikes/monster/696/index.do

2008 - Present.

Cost can be considerable depending on your service capability. You could probably source the parts (Speedo/instrument cluster, headlight, cosmetic stuff) off ebay europe quite cheap and have it shipped to KSA easily, but you will need a service center that has access to a DDS (Ducati Diagnostic tool) to set everything up.

ECU might be getting too many errors with the cluster missing. At first glance does not look mechanically bad. Inspect the Trellis frame, and front shocks for any deformity.

You can visit KSA Ducati and see how much a new one costs and decide

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2013, 08:49   #6
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this Ducati Monster repairable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Cost can be considerable depending on your service capability. You could probably source the parts (Speedo/instrument cluster, headlight, cosmetic stuff) off ebay europe quite cheap and have it shipped to KSA easily, but you will need a service center that has access to a DDS (Ducati Diagnostic tool) to set everything up.

ECU might be getting too many errors with the cluster missing. At first glance does not look mechanically bad. Inspect the Trellis frame, and front shocks for any deformity.
+1. Pretty much covered in this post.

Just to give a ballpark, only fixing the instrument cluster, fairing, headlights, handle bar and its bracket would cost you anywhere between 2L-3L INR including labor. You can guesstimate for KSA. If there is major damage to the trellis frame and the shocks, the cost would be massive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks