Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:56   #2401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The Jaguar XF is already in Bangalore. It got there just about a week ago.
I saw the Black XF near Garuda Mall ( -> Airport road) on Friday night.
And it has an MH plate!

Last edited by TomRider : 23rd June 2008 at 11:59.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:45   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Is the LS black in colour ?
No,it was not black.It was greyish.almost dark maroon-ish in colour.Not able to recall much.
It was KA-42 registered.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:04   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
I saw the Black XF near Garuda Mall ( -> Airport road) on Friday night.
And it has an MH plate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor3624 View Post
No,it was not black.It was greyish.almost dark maroon-ish in colour.Not able to recall much.
It was KA-42 registered.
There must be 2 of them then.
Old 23rd June 2008, 19:28   #2404
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
There must be 2 of them then.
I think you are confused. JayR was talking about the LS460 and not the Jag.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:20   #2405
BHPian

yes, affinity owner has the 4545 ferrari.

ranjits ferrari was changed to UP plates in preparation for sale. he's bought the Jag for the time being, before his 599 comes in. he's also in 'talks' to get a real super-duper car! it only comes in LHD, therefore the 'talks' (its not the veyron).

orange lambo spyder owner was contemplating veyron, but not anymore (LHD prob again?).

white 2008 cayenne S and white S-line Q7 (with panoramic roof) both belong to bellary mining family. both cars have derivatives of the no. 786. advised him on the escalade but once again...guess what the prob is? LHD only!!

Last edited by raftaar : 23rd June 2008 at 22:24.
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:37   #2406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raftaar View Post
white 2008 cayenne S and white S-line Q7 (with panoramic roof) both belong to bellary mining family. both cars have derivatives of the no. 786. advised him on the escalade but once again...guess what the prob is? LHD only!!
u know tan-man??? my friend whose family is into mining and steel also has license plates = 786 but never heard him say he wanted the escalade..

or is it someone else who has the same profession, license plate# choice and city of residence that would be funny if there are 2 families like that..
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:19   #2407
BHPian

Quote:

he's also in 'talks' to get a real super-duper car! it only comes in LHD, therefore the 'talks' (its not the veyron).
So RS is eyeing the SLR!?? Manufactured in England, but I wonder why there's no right hand version . I dont think he'll be able to get a conversion done either. Its a carbon monocoque, and it will have to be completely redesigned to get it converted.
Old 24th June 2008, 01:47   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
So RS is eyeing the SLR!?? Manufactured in England, but I wonder why there's no right hand version . I dont think he'll be able to get a conversion done either. Its a carbon monocoque, and it will have to be completely redesigned to get it converted.
are you sure about that? I heard something different(interms of conversion)
Old 24th June 2008, 05:39   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
are you sure about that? I heard something different(interms of conversion)
no dude the SLR has a carbon monocoque which has been designed and made by the mclaren mercedes F1 team. its almost impossible to make it a RHD. even if someone got it done which is possible only by mclaren the entire monocoque would have to be redesigned as it would compromise the entire structural integrity of it. mclaren themselves had thought about building a RHD version for the uk and australian market by later backed out.

Quote:
yes, affinity owner has the 4545 ferrari.

ranjits ferrari was changed to UP plates in preparation for sale. he's bought the Jag for the time being, before his 599 comes in. he's also in 'talks' to get a real super-duper car! it only comes in LHD, therefore the 'talks' (its not the veyron).

orange lambo spyder owner was contemplating veyron, but not anymore (LHD prob again?).

wow!! you seem to have a lot of info on wat these guys are buying...are you a dealer or somethin?? or a friend of theirs?? and are you talkin abt the enzo?? another super car only in LHD?

Last edited by ajmat : 24th June 2008 at 06:27.
Old 24th June 2008, 08:37   #2410
Senior - BHPian

hey guys,
the jaguar xf was found by my friend going towards lavelle road.
cheers !!
and my guess for RS's super-duper car would be LP640
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-xf.jpg  

Last edited by manishasrani : 24th June 2008 at 08:51.
Old 24th June 2008, 09:07   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
hey guys,
the jaguar xf was found by my friend going towards lavelle road.
cheers !!
and my guess for RS's super-duper car would be LP640
but Raftaar said that the super duper car as it has been called is supposed to be only available in LHD and so the talks for the conversion...but the LP640 is available in RHD and hes gettin a 599 too so i guess he wouldnt go for a LP also...should be an enzo! and wheres the XF?? can hardly see anything in the pic! just a wheel. hehe!
Old 24th June 2008, 09:25   #2412
Distinguished - BHPian

It has hardly been a week and Manish is posting the car here!! Cheers!!
Old 24th June 2008, 09:33   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
no dude the SLR has a carbon monocoque which has been designed and made by the mclaren mercedes F1 team. its almost impossible to make it a RHD. even if someone got it done which is possible only by mclaren the entire monocoque would have to be redesigned as it would compromise the entire structural integrity of it. mclaren themselves had thought about building a RHD version for the uk and australian market by later backed out.

wow!! you seem to have a lot of info on wat these guys are buying...are you a dealer or somethin?? or a friend of theirs?? and are you talkin abt the enzo?? another super car only in LHD?
Isnt the Enzo a carbon monocoque? and i have proved to someone it can be converted by pininfarina and not necessarily ferrari. Possibly the upclass tunners could convert, cuz if the SLR cant be converted, it would be a shame..because i would have loved to see one in india, its a perfect beast for today's indian roads..

As long as you have deep pockets, anything can be done, just like the P4/5, i am not saying the conversion would cost as much, but it couldnt be much in comparison to the cost of an Enzo or an SLR, expensive yes, but still less than 50% the cost..

Last edited by 1Day : 24th June 2008 at 09:36.
Old 24th June 2008, 10:30   #2414
BHPian

Slr

Yes exactly the enzo's basic structure comprised of a carbon fibre monocoque with aluminium sandwich panels and the roof being bonded to the tub.the monocoque was very easily replaceable if not repairable.but the SLR's is much more complex.Yeah even i heard abt the pininfarina offer but it has never been done and until its done its just speculation.it will cost a lot of money but i personally know of a couple of ppl who are willing to pay top dollar for the conversion and we have asked all the top benz tuners and mclaren and have been told its not possible or too much time and money consuming and turned down.so until someone actually does it, for today its not possible.i actually heard a rumour of a tuner in uk who imported parts from germany to build a RHD version of it but failed.dont know how far its true!
cheers!
Old 24th June 2008, 10:59   #2415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
but Raftaar said that the super duper car as it has been called is supposed to be only available in LHD and so the talks for the conversion...but the LP640 is available in RHD and hes gettin a 599 too so i guess he wouldnt go for a LP also...should be an enzo! and wheres the XF?? can hardly see anything in the pic! just a wheel. hehe!
oops my bad.
i forgot the LHD part
@ nikhil i haven't spotted it yet.
thanks to a good friend of mine who gave me the pic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks