Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 09:40   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Mammootty's first car was a used Fiat which he had driven only two times. Then he bought a couple of Ambys followed by some Hondas and Toyotas in late 80s and early 90s. He bought his first BMW in 1992. Then came many high end SUVs like TLC, X5, Range Rover, Q7 and finally the new TLC. Most of his cars were 'first of its kind in Kerala'.
Not to forget his old contessa with TV dish on the boot. That was really famous here. First of it's kind.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:26   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Not to forget his old contessa with TV dish on the boot. That was really famous here. First of it's kind.
Yea, even now he has a cable TV dish antenna in his Fortuner.
Old 25th November 2010, 10:23   #213
BHPian

Yuvan shankar rajas ride, clicked by my brother.

South Indian Movie stars and their cars-76676_1611776987062_1615381602_1405129_1878210_n.jpg
Old 17th December 2010, 18:54   #214
Senior - BHPian

Re: South Indian Movie stars and their cars

spotted actor Ram Charan Tej driving his Rolls Royce Phantom today at jubilee hills!
Attached Thumbnails
South Indian Movie stars and their cars-rc1-2.jpg  

Old 17th December 2010, 19:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

The pic looks surreal, the Rolls looks isolated from the rest of the world. For a actor of his age, I'd recommend more fast/flashy (Italian!) cars. Does he have any? Not that Rolls doesn't do the job, still.
Old 31st December 2010, 22:01   #216
BHPian

Guys!! Just Got a Surprise news. Actor Dileep has booked a White BMW X6. Delivery expected by next week
Old 7th January 2011, 17:37   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post
Guys!! Just Got a Surprise news. Actor Dileep has booked a White BMW X6. Delivery expected by next week
OMG, what made him take the next step from Innova? He was in thought of buying Jag XF!
Old 7th January 2011, 20:31   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
OMG, what made him take the next step from Innova? He was in thought of buying Jag XF!
Hannie, I think, he is currently using a Skoda Superb.

Regarding his sudden leap,this is the story that I heard.

He was planning for a 5ser and he was thinking about it over and over, then one day, he happens to be in Dubai and he spots a sheik driving a massive car named X6. He was so impressed by the car that, once he reached Cochin, he took a TD and made the booking .

Anyway, a great choice and I think since he has the moolah, he should have gone for it earlier.
Old 7th January 2011, 21:19   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

He was planning for a 5ser and he was thinking about it over and over, then one day, he happens to be in Dubai and he spots a sheik driving a massive car named X6. He was so impressed by the car that, once he reached Cochin, he took a TD and made the booking .

Anyway, a great choice and I think since he has the moolah, he should have gone for it earlier.
Dude, this didn't start now. A good friend of both me and hanmust used to be GM of BMW Kochi a while back, as per him, Dilip was contemplating on a X5 from 2008 and took couple of test drives and every time drops the plan just when he is about to make the booking. Glad that this time it turned out well with the X6. Hope he soon gets the delivery and his mind doesn't change before that.

I think he has a Endeavor too with the Superb.

Somehow I feel X6 would have been a perfect choice for Mammukka over the bland TLC.

Last edited by Scorcher : 7th January 2011 at 21:24.
Old 8th January 2011, 14:26   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Dude, this didn't start now. A good friend of both me and hanmust used to be GM of BMW Kochi a while back, as per him, Dilip was contemplating on a X5 from 2008 and took couple of test drives and every time drops the plan just when he is about to make the booking. Glad that this time it turned out well with the X6. Hope he soon gets the delivery and his mind doesn't change before that.

I think he has a Endeavor too with the Superb.

Somehow I feel X6 would have been a perfect choice for Mammukka over the bland TLC.

There is a little more twist in the story before the climax, after the grand success of Twenty-20 movie, he first put a thought of upgrading himself to luxury machine. But when ever he think of investing in an automobile he re-think & the businessman in him pull back him change his decision and made him invest in various businesses, by God's grace he has been successful in it while most of movies were not. As Vishnu said he shown interest in X5, but then he changed his mind, again when he wanted a better machine he put his thought on Jaguar XF, only a few very close people know about it, but some how he settled in X6 at last.

I know he uses an old gen Superb, but recently hes seen most in the re-painted white Innova.
Old 8th January 2011, 20:42   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
There is a little more twist in the story before the climax, after the grand success of Twenty-20 movie, he first put a thought of upgrading himself to luxury machine. But when ever he think of investing in an automobile he re-think & the businessman in him pull back him change his decision and made him invest in various businesses, by God's grace he has been successful in it while most of movies were not. As Vishnu said he shown interest in X5, but then he changed his mind, again when he wanted a better machine he put his thought on Jaguar XF, only a few very close people know about it, but some how he settled in X6 at last.

I know he uses an old gen Superb, but recently hes seen most in the re-painted white Innova.
I believe that the X6 was way too captivating for him.

I don't think that he might change his mind this time as he has made the complete payment and is eagerly awaiting the car.

Hannie, even I admire his sharp business focused attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

Same thoughts here. An X6 would have suited his stylish persona more. But, since he has the habit of changing his cars frequently, lets hope for better wheels next time.
Old 13th January 2011, 00:05   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Guys,

I'm quite sure I saw a silver Maserati GT this evening around 5 in Nungambakkam. Is that a new car or did I just mistake the white one which was here already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs View Post
@ Sivasankar- If you have spotted the Silver Maserati after 4th January, then rest be assured that it is the latest entrant. Look closely next time, it would be silver Exterior with Red Interiors, is a 4.7 L V8 Maserati GranTurismo S Automatic.

How do I know this? Well later my friend- Later!!

All Cheers

dcs
Hey guys! Just got the info from a friend. Harris Jeyaraj is the owner of the new silver Maserati GranTurismo. Will try to get the pics from my friend as soon as possible.
Old 13th January 2011, 02:19   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hey guys! Just got the info from a friend. Harris Jeyaraj is the owner of the new silver Maserati GranTurismo. Will try to get the pics from my friend as soon as possible.
Cool! It was his birthday a few days ago - seems like he treated himself to a Maserati!

Waiting for the pics

Btw, has he sold the H3?
Old 13th January 2011, 21:13   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Cool! The guy sure has got taste. First the 6 series, then H3 and now the Maser.
Old 13th January 2011, 22:08   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Is he earning that much to afford a Maserati? or ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks