Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 15:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
That M3 is almost sinful. I'd prefer it in white. With the exact wheels Ecks has on his. Infact, Ecks has the perfect M3 in the perfect colour, with the perfect wheels and the perfect exhaust setup.
Either white or a clean slate silver or gun metal grey for me. With smoked alloys with either a white or grey outline. Eisenmann, Hartge or Hamann exhausts would do just fine too.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:02   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Either white or a clean slate silver or gun metal grey for me. With smoked alloys with either a white or grey outline. Eisenmann, Hartge or Hamann exhausts would do just fine too.
Slightly

But don't you think BBS LMs fit the bill perfectly for any BMW let alone the M3? They are just perfect! There are quite a few M3s in this world with BBS LMs and they look smashing on it.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:06   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly

But don't you think BBS LMs fit the bill perfectly for any BMW let alone the M3? They are just perfect! There are quite a few M3s in this world with BBS LMs and they look smashing on it.
BBS LM's are one of my favourite multispoke designs - I love them even more on an e46, and even still more on a 996 Turbo. They suited the bygone era even more. Even a Nissan Fairlady looks mad evil with a set of those shoes.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:15   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BBS LM's are one of my favourite multispoke designs - I love them even more on an e46, and even still more on a 996 Turbo. They suited the bygone era even more. Even a Nissan Fairlady looks mad evil with a set of those shoes.
996 Turbo? I don't quite like the 996. The 993 was fantastic. And the 997 is like it's shadow. But the 996 seems wrong because of the yolky headlights and the stance. Anyway !

I wonder if 'brother' would consider fitting aftermarket parts on either the 650i or the M3. That would be interesting. Id love to see an Eisenmann or a Hamann setup on the M3. Wonder if he is a sucker for aftermarket rims too.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
My point is whatever anyone does for a living why would he have 6 of each???why not jaguar xkrs, Aston martins and more. And by the way i've noticed a trend where all these funky cars exist pretty much towards the punjab side. Does anyone have an idea as to how and why??? Is there a way out of taxes in that state?? And do containers with a particular BL get verified on the port for its original contents?? Does this place even have a port, pardon my Geography.

all I'm saying is there's an awful lot of money being thrown around openly there, and its pretty much visual. Hell if someone had this collection quality in Mumbai, he'd have a separate room built in his villa for IT officers to come visit.

Punjab is land locked, no there is no port there. Punjab does have a lot of money, rich farmers (tax free income), big industrialists (depreciation on purchases), all of these are drivers of the whole idea of buying fancy cars & most importantly Punjabis have the thing to buy it & why not.

The prosperity of Punjab is another story, I know enough families owning 100's of acres of farmland. What kind of TAX-FREE income may that generate ? You do the math Ultimate truth Singh is King, you got it you flaunt it.

Hope that gives you some insight why Ludhiana has the largest number of Mercs in India !!

BTW Punjab also has one of the best network of roads & nice ones at that.

Cheers
Old 18th September 2009, 20:00   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
I cant imagine how tough parking must be for these number of cars. If they are parked at the owners home and the car they want one day is right at the back ..move 10 cars first to get to the one they like...of course id have that problem anyday but just wondering how they manage
Dude , he has valet parking at his place . So he doesn't need to juggle with 10 cars for the one he wants .
And also , as you can see that all the cars are parked in a semicircle than in a row and also he has a separate garage at the back side of his house .
Old 18th September 2009, 20:11   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
curiosity question. what car do you drive if your brothers got these in his stable?
Sorry to disappoint you . Even sorrier for myself because i am only 16 and hence i can't legally drive around . I still manage to sneak out in my magnum once in a while .
Old 18th September 2009, 21:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

great collection!

Do you do head count every night?

cheers
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2009, 22:08   #54
BHPian

Hey buddy i figured he must have people to park for him. I didnt mean he would be parking them himself. I was just thinking its a unique problem to have that you have to accomodate that many cars and in a way where you have easy access at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Dude , he has valet parking at his place . So he doesn't need to juggle with 10 cars for the one he wants .
And also , as you can see that all the cars are parked in a semicircle than in a row and also he has a separate garage at the back side of his house .
Old 18th September 2009, 22:55   #55
Senior - BHPian

Lovely collection of Beemers there.
Old 18th September 2009, 23:09   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarz View Post
Hey buddy i figured he must have people to park for him. I didnt mean he would be parking them himself. I was just thinking its a unique problem to have that you have to accomodate that many cars and in a way where you have easy access at all times.
But the daily rides don't have an issue because as you can see in the main pic , only the M3 , 5er ,7er , S , E ,Q7 and the A4 are there . The rest are either kept in the garage or at the farmhouse . So there is not much of a problem . And valet parking also helps !
Old 19th September 2009, 01:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Chandigarh is undoubtedly a feast for car lovers!
Chandigarh is a place to see some nice luxury cars. Everytime I go to sec 17, I see some beautiful wheels there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
Here are my brothers cars . He's presently living in ludhiana . In all , he has 22 cars which include 6 BMWs , 6 Audis , 6 Mercs and rest include innovas , monteros and camrys .
Very nice cars. They all look so good in white. Kudos to your brother.

BTW, where does your brother lives in Ludhiana?
Old 19th September 2009, 04:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
996 Turbo? I don't quite like the 996. The 993 was fantastic. And the 997 is like it's shadow. But the 996 seems wrong because of the yolky headlights and the stance. Anyway !

I wonder if 'brother' would consider fitting aftermarket parts on either the 650i or the M3. That would be interesting. Id love to see an Eisenmann or a Hamann setup on the M3. Wonder if he is a sucker for aftermarket rims too.
In a rush to type that, I meant the 993. My favourite of the lot. Had a nice ride in one in 1999 in London. Glory days.
Old 19th September 2009, 05:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Damn man, now I've seen everything. On another note I am sure the BMW Dealer would love to see your brother walking into the showroom ditto for the Merc and Audi. Now time to get some exotics.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:21   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In a rush to type that, I meant the 993. My favourite of the lot. Had a nice ride in one in 1999 in London. Glory days.
I knew something was wrong there. I haven't really heard of people who like the 996.

But, again, this is a fantastic collection! And the Lamborghini and Porsche would definitely compliment it very well! This garage reeks of class. Nothing like Ecks' garage which has all the most desirable metal on Earth! I'd give this a 9/10!

Most Viewed