Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2020, 23:20   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Owner of the car belongs to Mega Reddy. That’s such a weird way to describe relationship.
Just tell us who’s the owner already.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-5c551ee6d29143ec951552fce1662fc3.jpeg  

amol4184 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 23:31   #2012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
There should be a rule made in India, that if the driver flees the crime scene, then despite whoever he may be, along with him, the owner of the car (or company registered) gets full responsibility of being the driver and faces the punishment as well. PERIOD. This facade is becoming too common now.
This will actually harm a lot of innocent people. The rich will just keep buying cars in their drivers names and also, do note that all industrialists and rich people seldom buy cars on their own names. There are some people who own cars on a companies name just to not be personally involved and some even have different companies just to buy and own cars and other high risk assets. A company is a separate identity. Who will you blame if a car crashes, the driver flees? The moment you charge the company owner instead of the company for owning the car, the legal differentiation of both is not valid anymore and there a Pandora’s box is opened. Also think, a rich person can do this. But, will you? What happens if you give the car to someone and this happens. Or your driver ?

With the right connections, you can skirt all the rules in this world. Without them, you might not even be able to avoid arrest for a simple thing like not wearing a mask.
Money speaks.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th October 2020 at 03:59. Reason: Typos fixed. u -> you
Schneller is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 11:17   #2013
BHPian

The unholy nexus between political and rich business class has been there in India since the beginning I think but it's getting at another level in recent times. Getting away with any sort of crime, small or significant, is a way of life for the rich now a days. More than this accident itself, I'm worried about where our society and law and order are heading to. Apart from financial status, this is another form of inequality that's looming large in India these days.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 15:58   #2014
BHPian

I just don't understand why do these people take out their supercars on our roads which are full of traffic, speed breakers, potholes, animals, etc. How can one even enjoy driving such expensive & powerful things? Most of them buy only to show off their status. Those genuinely interested in driving head to closed circuits in India or abroad.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 16:14   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
I just don't understand why do these people take out their supercars on our roads which are full of traffic, speed breakers, potholes, animals, etc. How can one even enjoy driving such expensive & powerful things? Most of them buy only to show off their status. Those genuinely interested in driving head to closed circuits in India or abroad.
Why buy something you don’t drive? And why not drive something that you buy.

Also, owners of such performance vehicles rarely take their vehicles out and when they do, they want to have a thrill. This is the reason for 99% of these accidents. I myself have fallen prey to this itch. Having owned a Harley 1200CX, with less than 1500KMs of riding a year, i wanted to get on triple digit speeds whenever i took it out. Luckily i have a 120kmph limit road near my house.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th October 2020 at 12:31. Reason: Typo
Schneller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 19:25   #2016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneller View Post
Why buy something you don’t drive? And why not drive something that you buy.
Horses for courses? As you say, you had an appropriate road on which to exercise your bike. I don't know if you also used it for ordinary city driving, but I expect you drove appropriately.

Ferrari/etc drivers are highly unlikely to be one-car households. So take the appropriate vehicle for the trip. Or, if taking the supercar for the bling (not criticising that: showing off is allowed) then drive appropriately for the road.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 01:10   #2017
BANNED

MEGHA Reddy is the owner of MEIL INFRA, a mammoth construction company pan-India. The owner's relation to Andhra CM Jagan Mohan Reddy is being mentioned because their main customer is gov. and they are a powerhouse.

A guy in such a field of work getting arrested for crashing into some no name seems highly unlikely is the point.

Just to given you an example of this guy's power, he got a rival firm whose Chairman owns a private jet, a port, and a Bentley removed from a mega project they were undertaking and then got the CM to place them as the new contractors.

Actually I think this guy is on Forbes if I am not mistaken.
D33-PAC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 15:16   #2018
GTB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
Actually I think this guy is on Forbes if I am not mistaken.
Yes, he is. Also, he is a close aid of the Chief Minister of Telangana as well.
Old 14th November 2020, 04:15   #2019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarun.vel View Post
The Indian Supercar Scene in Instagram, where a lot photographers (some are really good at their work) show case their work, is heating up with daily posts of incoming exotics across various cities making the owners bask in a glory in a virtual world.
A few of them mis-interpret the online fame for a false sense of pride on exhibiting their driving skills on public roads and wreck havoc at times and become a menace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I concur with what you said, there is one such 'not so' gentle man in Hyderabad. He owns multiple exotics and every single time I see videos of him driving around, I can think only this 'a disaster waiting to happen'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I guess i know who you are referring to. I've felt the same when I saw videos of him speeding through traffic. IG posts and fans seem to have made people like him 'celebrities'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There a few who think that super-car ownership and wealth is next to god.
I couldn’t agree more with all of you on this!
I have been in the Instagram game for a few years with my little page (@supercarregistry.in) and so have a few other BHP-ians with much bigger pages (read @automobiliardent @eisk77) and we are among the very few pages that maintain some etiquettes and ethics while sharing content. Otherwise it is like the Wild Wild West out there.

Every other person wants to gain some followers and puts supercar owners on a pedestal irrespective of their behaviour. Posting videos of rash and reckless driving to gain more views and followers while not caring about the impact of idolising and propagating such behaviour is common place on Instagram.
And I think it partly has to do them not having the right guidance and mentors when they were starting out. I, for one, am glad that I started my spotting days here and learnt some formative lessons that still guide me today.

Also, the supercar owners who hoon on public roads are the ones who never take their cars to the track. They are like the “chapri bois” of the supercar world who love to live in their little bubble. I bet these will be the slowest people on a race track.

Another reason why I never go out on these drives was after making that mistake once and learning my lesson. I saw a owner wreck his lovely supercar at the first U-turn within 100meters of starting out on a 100 kilometer drive. You probably guessed what happened. Cold tires, cold tarmac, rear-wheel-drive, inexperience and cameras don’t mix well. I was a passenger in another sportscar right behind and watched it all in horror. The convoy eventually went ahead with the drive, with me in the passenger seat, but I wanted to jump off the moving car once we hit the highway because the driving was so terrifyingly reckless. Never have I ever gone back. Will only do it again when I know and respect the driver as much as they know and respect their machine and the rules of the road.
And I know not all owners are such but quite a few of them are. That one experience was enough for me to admire the machines from a distance and be satisfied.

I may have gone a little off-topic and I apologise if I did, but had to get this out there.
shyn is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 11:42   #2020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Also, the supercar owners who hoon on public roads are the ones who never take their cars to the track. They are like the “chapri bois” of the supercar world who love to live in their little bubble. I bet these will be the slowest people on a race track.

Another reason why I never go out on these drives was after making that mistake once and learning my lesson. I saw a owner wreck his lovely supercar at the first U-turn within 100meters of starting out on a 100 kilometer drive. You probably guessed what happened. Cold tires, cold tarmac, rear-wheel-drive, inexperience and cameras don’t mix well. .
I've seen this on Racetrack days, folks will follow the pace car to understand the lines and then go flat out ....and crash. Similarly, during a lot of the test drives, people jump in and drive flat out without understanding the dynamics of the car first.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:35   #2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
I couldn’t agree more with all of you on this!
I have been in the Instagram game for a few years with my little page (@supercarregistry.in) and so have a few other BHP-ians with much bigger pages (read @automobiliardent @eisk77) and we are among the very few pages that maintain some etiquettes and ethics while sharing content. Otherwise it is like the Wild Wild West out there.

Every other person wants to gain some followers and puts supercar owners on a pedestal irrespective of their behaviour. Posting videos of rash and reckless driving to gain more views and followers while not caring about the impact of idolising and propagating such behaviour is common place on Instagram.
And I think it partly has to do them not having the right guidance and mentors when they were starting out. I, for one, am glad that I started my spotting days here and learnt some formative lessons that still guide me today.

Another reason why I never go out on these drives was after making that mistake once and learning my lesson. I saw a owner wreck his lovely supercar at the first U-turn within 100meters of starting out on a 100 kilometer drive. You probably guessed what happened. Cold tires, cold tarmac, rear-wheel-drive, inexperience and cameras don’t mix well. I was a passenger in another sportscar right behind and watched it all in horror. The convoy eventually went ahead with the drive, with me in the passenger seat, but I wanted to jump off the moving car once we hit the highway because the driving was so terrifyingly reckless. Never have I ever gone back. Will only do it again when I know and respect the driver as much as they know and respect their machine and the rules of the road.
And I know not all owners are such but quite a few of them are. That one experience was enough for me to admire the machines from a distance and be satisfied.

I may have gone a little off-topic and I apologise if I did, but had to get this out there.
Nice to know that you are the person behind supercarregistry. I follow your page for quite a while & honestly, it is fantastic.

True about your comment on "Chapri bois". Back in my town, the "GT2RS MR" gentleman drives so sensibly on public roads, while on track, he is in a different league altogether. That is how you exhibit passion & composure.
acarun.vel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 11:47   #2022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarun.vel View Post
Nice to know that you are the person behind supercarregistry. I follow your page for quite a while & honestly, it is fantastic.

True about your comment on "Chapri bois". Back in my town, the "GT2RS MR" gentleman drives so sensibly on public roads, while on track, he is in a different league altogether. That is how you exhibit passion & composure.
Thank you, kind sir!

The fact that he got a Manthey Racing kit on his GT2RS speaks volumes about him being a well-informed gentleman with exceptional taste. I am not surprised he is sensible on the roads despite having the fastest car in the country! Also, love how often he tracks the car and the collection of stickers on the rear bumper for every track he has visited. I wish I could send all the chapri owners to him for a boot camp.
shyn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 10:13   #2023
Senior - BHPian

Just received these pics on WA This BMW M2 is from Cochin, Kerala. No idea about how the mishap happened; Probably the driver lost control.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-anand123teambhp-1.jpeg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-anand123teambhp-2.jpeg  

Last edited by Anand123 : 21st January 2021 at 10:15.
Anand123 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 19:19   #2024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Probably the driver lost control.
Probably the driver was aiming at the large gateway... and missed.

Could happen to anyone
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 20:18   #2025
Distinguished - BHPian

The pictures of the M2 accident that Anand123 shared were circulating quite a bit on social media. Im sharing a few pictures as well. Hope the person driving is safe.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20210121-11.30.21.jpeg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20210121-11.30.22-1.jpeg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-whatsapp-image-20210121-11.30.23-1.jpeg
neil.jericho is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks