Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 16:02   #151
BHPian

AWESOMMME!!! Just as Ludhiana is referred to as the Merc capital of the country, I guess Hyderabad should be called the Bentley capital of the country.
Old 9th November 2008, 01:58   #152
BHPian

dude after ludhiana,hyd would come when it comes to number of mercs, u wil get sick of seeing them here. yup the DC newspapers owner himself has like 7-8 bentleys for himself so u can imagine how many more bentleys are there in hyderabad.
Old 9th November 2008, 12:10   #153
BHPian

I'm pretty sure Delhi, Bombay & Bangalore have more Mercs than Hyderabad. As far as Bentley's are concerned, i guess Hyderabad is # 1.
Old 9th November 2008, 18:20   #154
BHPian

Found this article while i was browsing :-

That Ludhiana has the highest number of Mercedes cars is not true and this myth has been shattered by none other than the seller, Mercedes itself.

Whereas income tax sleuths have been claiming that the industrial town has well over 2,400 Merc owners, the highest in the country, the company says that the figure is overstated by almost six times.
''There are about 450 Mercs in Ludhiana. That the town has 2,400 such vehicles is absolutely wrong,'' asserts Mr Manjit Singh Bala, Managing Director, Tai-Pan Traders, dealer for the German car.
According to Mr Bala, it is Delhi that tops the sales charts, followed by Mumbai and then, Punjab. ''There are roughly some 1,500 Mercs in Punjab,'' he says, adding, ''in this state, yes, it is Ludhiana that tops the list and it is followed by Jalandhar, where the number is 150''.
In terms of average annual sales, while Delhi records nearly 400 Mercs, the number ranges between 150 and 200 in the case of Punjab.
Aiming to track high networth individuals by keeping an eye on high-value transactions, the Income Tax officials in this region even conducted some surveys in the showrooms of Mercedes and other high-value products.
IT officials suspect that among the Merc owners, only around half had declared their income to be above Rs 10 lakh. It was claimed that income levels in this part of the country were rising, one of the key proofs being high sale of Mercedes cars. However, asserting that the claim is false, Mr Bala says: ''We record the highest sale in Delhi as that is where you have the maximum number of high networth individuals ranging from industrialists to corporates and officials of embassies etc''.
About Punjab, Mr Bala says the company is happy with the growing culture of car buyers upgrading to Mercedes and not any other car and having more than one Merc in a family. ''It is all happening due to the rising income levels and also easy finance schemes. Besides, the price of a luxury car introduced by other companies touches the starting price range of Mercedes. Since it is a status symbol to have a car with the three-pointed star, people opt for it in comparison to some other high end car". Not only is Ludhiana nowhere near the highest number, even in terms of the purchasing pattern, it is C-class Mercedes that is more popular in the city unlike other places where E-class rules the roost.

Source

Ludhiana has around 750, the highest DENSITY of Mercedes cars in India in
terms of per capita ownership.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the references/original source for every piece of material that has been taken from another website/publication, to give credit to the original author.

Also Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th November 2008 at 18:48. Reason: see note in post
Old 10th November 2008, 11:56   #155
Senior - BHPian

Hey in my two days in Hyderabad i saw the following cars.
Mercedes CLS350 (maroon)
Mercedes ML 350 (white)
Bmw 740li, 760li (black)
Land Rover Disco 3 (buckingham blue)
Porsche 911 (silver)
Porsche Cayenne S (black)
VW golf (1986 creamish brown)
VW touareg ( black)
I also saw a host of older mercedes from the 80's and early 90's.
Old 10th November 2008, 11:57   #156
BHPian

The other day i had seen a Mini Cooper and a Toyota Lexus Soarer (yes u heard it right Toyota Lexus Soarer) in front of the SuchirIndia office in Jubilee Hills .

But one thing i could'nt understand is that is it a Toyota Soarer or Lexus Soarer or a Toyota Lexus Soarer ?
Old 10th November 2008, 12:30   #157
Senior - BHPian

That is a Toyota Soarer .. sold as Lexus SC 400-430 in other markets
Old 10th November 2008, 13:42   #158
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
But one thing i could'nt understand is that is it a Toyota Soarer or Lexus Soarer or a Toyota Lexus Soarer ?
Lexus is the luxury brand created by Toyota as Honda created Accura in the US. It should be referred to as Lexus Soarer (if it had the Lexus badge). The Lexus brand has a similar emblem like Toyota but with a "L" as against a "T" for Toyota

Some products in the Toyota stable are badge engineered though and with minor trim and external upgrades sold as Lexus in some countries and as Toyota in others

Last edited by DKG : 10th November 2008 at 13:44.
Old 10th November 2008, 20:59   #159
BHPian

I have a few pics of the Soarer , will upload them soon . Ive also seen the Mini Cooper at Jubilee Hills . Couldn't take a photo . Has anybody else seen the Mini ?
Old 11th November 2008, 00:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
I have a few pics of the Soarer , will upload them soon . Ive also seen the Mini Cooper at Jubilee Hills . Couldn't take a photo . Has anybody else seen the Mini ?
umm bro hafeez,no offense but dont waste your time putting up pictures of the soarer,its too old..i had once seen a lexus sc430 black in colour somewhere in jubilee hills, now thats a slick car worth for pictures you know what i mean.i have seen a couple of VW beetles,new ones,but not mini as yet.DKG is totally correct about the lexus story.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:34   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The plates on the red SLK are sooooo tacky !
In Hyderabad, i see a lot of youngsters ( read: teenagers) who drive all these exotics.

For them, a 007 number (for which they may have shelled out a tidy sum) is definetly ain't tacky
Old 11th November 2008, 20:41   #162
BHPian

Yesterday while returning home i saw the BMW 6 series speeding on the other side of road. Without wasting a moment i took a u-turn , followed it upto the Jubilee Hills checkpost petrolpump . Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image122.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image123.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image124.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image125.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image126.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-image127.jpg  

Old 12th November 2008, 02:12   #163
BHPian

Spoted this X6 at Liberty cross roads, Himayat nagar.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_8805-edited1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_8806-edited-1.jpg  

Old 12th November 2008, 03:30   #164
Senior - BHPian

Thats probably the very first X6 in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Lexus is the luxury brand created by Toyota as Honda created Accura in the US. It should be referred to as Lexus Soarer (if it had the Lexus badge). The Lexus brand has a similar emblem like Toyota but with a "L" as against a "T" for Toyota

Some products in the Toyota stable are badge engineered though and with minor trim and external upgrades sold as Lexus in some countries and as Toyota in others
Lexus cars dont get noun names, just the alphanumeric designations like LX470, IS250 etc.

Last edited by Mpower : 12th November 2008 at 03:31.
Old 12th November 2008, 08:55   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice capture of the X6, i need to keep my eyes peeled out, maybe that one belongs to himayathnagar where i live.

I have seen that 6-Series BMW several times on the Jubliee Hills road. I think it belongs to Chaitanaya (Nagarjuna's son) as i saw him drive the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks