Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 17:32   #5656
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

another pic of the same Vanquish, sent to me by a friend, but I guess it may have been originally posted on the "Exotic cars and superbikes in Chennai" facebook page..

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img20130617wa003.jpg  

bivin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 17:39   #5657
BHPian

Re: Chennai's first Aston Martin Vanquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Uh oh, do you realize that could possibly be the country's first all-new Aston Martin Vanquish?

AFAIK, the white LHD was a demo car and the grey RHD which vanished from the Parx launch party hasn't surfaced back yet.
The car is a treat to watch - long, low and wearing the Bond aura proudly!

@ Scorcher - are you sure about that? There would always be someone from Mumbai or Delhi
Old 18th June 2013, 18:26   #5658
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chennai's first Aston Martin Vanquish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
@ Scorcher - are you sure about that? There would always be someone from Mumbai or Delhi
Yes, positive. I know of none yet in Mumbai, Delhi or for that matter, anywhere else in the country.

On second thoughts, I've seen only pics of the "grey" car I mentioned from the Parx launch party and the car was removed before I got there and see it in flesh. From bivin's post above, it does look like the same car after all

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-safe_image.jpg

EDIT:: Adding a better pic of the same. It does look like the same.

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-ashtonmartinvanquish1.jpg

Last edited by Scorcher : 18th June 2013 at 18:30.
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 20:10   #5659
BHPian

This is the pic of the Vanquish taken yesterday near Marina by fellow Bhpian Fiesta_21.
I insisted him to post it here but, looks like he is kind of busy and i couldn't resist sharing this pic with you folks!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130618_201023.png
Views: 3482
Size:  212.3 KB
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 22:04   #5660
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Damn, the Aston Martin Vanquish is a looker alright! This was the car i was looking forward to see the most at the Parx Supercar Show but as Scorcher mentioned it was missing at the main event. The car was launched in August last year.
I guess it would have easily cost the owner about 5cr on road!
Old 20th June 2013, 16:09   #5661
BHPian

Saw this a while back when I had gone to give my car for interior detailing in Car Cares in OMR.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-photo006.jpg  

BraveArc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 02:32   #5662
BHPian

Rolls Royce Ghost - T.Nagar

The Rolls-Royce Ghost that's often seen in Bazullah Road , T.Nagar.

P.S : This is not the mega movie Director's car that's also seen in the same locality. That's black in color and TN registered.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_2784.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_2782.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2013, 15:15   #5663
BHPian

Hey everyone, its been a while. I've been in college abroad, I guess I still am. I have been following the supercar threads for some time now though so I really am due when it comes to contribution. There's been a lot of buzz recently about the exotics that are coming and leaving Chennai recently, from the tax bust scam that involved film industry celebrities to Chennai getting some serious V12 beasts. One of which is the white aventador. I can't wait to see this in person when I get back. The other of course is the first and only Aston Martin flagship, the Vanquish (new generation). A friend I went to high school with in a Chennai just purchased it actually. So I gave him a shout and he got back to me and sent me some photos. He gave me the all clear to let me put these up. I hope you guys enjoy these and let me know what you guys think so I can pass it on to him.
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_0405.jpeg
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_0437.jpeg
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_20130616_163124.jpeg
harusadu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:05   #5664
BHPian

Your friend made a great choice! This is one of the best cars to own and drive. I snapped a couple of pictures of the car last week and posted it on this thread. Tell him to keep going around the city regularly and delight all of us supercar nuts out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harusadu View Post
Hey everyone, its been a while. I've been in college abroad, I guess I still am. I have been following the supercar threads for some time now though so I really am due when it comes to contribution. There's been a lot of buzz recently about the exotics that are coming and leaving Chennai recently, from the tax bust scam that involved film industry celebrities to Chennai getting some serious V12 beasts. One of which is the white aventador. I can't wait to see this in person when I get back. The other of course is the first and only Aston Martin flagship, the Vanquish (new generation). A friend I went to high school with in a Chennai just purchased it actually. So I gave him a shout and he got back to me and sent me some photos. He gave me the all clear to let me put these up. I hope you guys enjoy these and let me know what you guys think so I can pass it on to him.
Attachment 1100572
Attachment 1100573
Attachment 1100574
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:26   #5665
BHPian

I think he did too. The Aston definitely juxtaposes a lot of the local scenery and traffic in Madras but to be honest, I think its a welcome change. I think the sheer roar of the V12 will silence most nonsensical noise that comes out of every nook and cranny. I'll ask him to update me on how he likes the ride. I won't need to tell him to take it out because he will already be taking it out all the time. I think anyone with a brand new Aston would take quite a bit of time to get over their new acquisition. Now all chennai needs is a Vanquish Volante.
Old 23rd June 2013, 11:26   #5666
BHPian

Is this the Vanquish effect ?. The number of views in the Chennai supercars and imports pages seemed to have gone up more than 200,000 in just a few days.

The Merc SL500 I spotted in Palavakkam yesterday suddenly seems so ordinary and down to earth to report.
Old 24th June 2013, 11:10   #5667
BHPian

A poor pic of a White Jag XJ .
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img00815201306222120.jpg  

Old 24th June 2013, 12:16   #5668
Senior - BHPian

I still cannot wrap my head around as to why people who spend crores on cars can't (or not bother) invest in a half decent camera. I know, it's not everyone's cup of tea, photography, still at least to to the cars some justice.

Our man ecks seems to be the only exclusion AFAIK.
Old 24th June 2013, 12:44   #5669
BHPian

Yeah it honestly is a shame that more people don't use better cameras. However, not everyone with great cars and great cameras put up photos of their rides. Also, I think most the photos we see are convenience based, like an iphone, etc.
harusadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2013, 19:06   #5670
BHPian

Late evening spotting...
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-dsc_0007.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks