Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2024, 17:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India

BMW has launched the highly-exclusive XM Label in India. Limited to just 500 units worldwide, only one unit comes to India sporting a price tag of Rs 3.15 crore (ex-showroom).

BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India-03-bmw-xm-label.jpg

The BMW XM Label is the most powerful BMW M car ever. It is powered by a 4.4-litre twin-turbo V8 hybrid that produces 738 BHP and 1000 Nm. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and an M xDrive all-wheel drive system.

BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India-02-bmw-xm-label.jpg

BMW claims the XM Label can sprint from 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds and has an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h. The optional M Driver’s Package raises the top speed to 290 km/h. The XM Label comes with a 25.7 kWh battery pack that gives it an electric-only range of 76-82 km.

BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India-05-bmw-xm-label.jpg

On the exterior, the XM Label can be differentiated from the standard XM from its red highlights. The SUV gets red accents around the kidney grille, rear diffuser and around the window line. It rides on 22-inch M light alloy wheels.

BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India-04-bmw-xm-label.jpg

Inside, the XM Label gets black upholstery with red stitching and 2-tone seats in red and black. The car features BMW’s Curved Display with a 14.9-inch touchscreen and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster. It also has features like a head-up display, a 20-speaker Bowers & Wilkins Diamond sound system, and Adaptive M Suspension Professional.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th September 2024 at 17:48.
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 17:59   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
On the exterior, the XM Label can be differentiated from the standard XM from its red highlights. The SUV gets red accents around the kidney grille, rear diffuser and around the window line. It rides on 22-inch M light alloy wheels.

Link to Team-BHP News
For the looks alone, I'd never want to be seen in this. Just when I'd thought that the oversized grilles have finally been "normal"ised. If the idea was to make it stand out, it most definitely does but in a garish, blingy sort of way and not the sheer understated elegant way that one expects of the Germans. Maybe I have finally become an old timer?

Last edited by handsofsteel : 17th September 2024 at 18:01.
handsofsteel is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 20:24   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
For the looks alone, I'd never want to be seen in this. Just when I'd thought that the oversized grilles have finally been "normal"ised. If the idea was to make it stand out, it most definitely does but in a garish, blingy sort of way and not the sheer understated elegant way that one expects of the Germans. Maybe I have finally become an old timer?
I used to think the same way, until I became a part of a 3 day event where there were about 10+ XMs and 10+ i7s. And by the second day I started drooling over them too. This does grow over you. Maybe because I was constantly seeing around 20-30 of those all the time around. It looks really like a concept car on road and has amazing presence. You cannot mistake it for anything else. Both the i7 and XM grew on me eventually, but the XM has its own character. Very similar to if you have a multiple car garage, you wont take a Mini Cooper to each and every occasion, same with the XM.

the iX is still really ugliest looking BMW I have ever come across. Nothing can change that.

This is considering since past few generations when BMW decided to leave the understated demeanor and maybe adopt an intimidating dementor - like persona.
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 21:32   #4
BHPian

BMW shunted out Domagoj Dukec, the man heading their design department for so long, very recently and replaced him with the head of design for Volvo’s Polestar division.

This XM & the new 7 series will go down in history as two of the most HIDEOUS cars ever made by BMW, and it’s not even close. I would rather drive an Isetta with a Pikachu paint job than anything designed by Domagoj.
Taronish_E is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th September 2024, 22:02   #5
BHPian

Production is limited to only 500 units worldwide out of which only 1 is alloted to India. Sale of this edition is going to increase the rarity quotient by quite a lot.
Old 17th September 2024, 22:33   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow BMW keeps setting the bar higher, looks like a black car went to the local accessory shop and all the person had was red wrap paper. Looks straight out of JC road in bangalore.

Good there is only 1 coming to India, chances of seeing this monstrosity in flesh is almost impossible.

My eyes thanks BMW India.
AtheK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 00:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Dang that's one ugly looking car ! Even I could afford this I wouldn't want to be seen with one of these!

This is what this car looks like to me!
BMW XM Label launched at Rs 3.15 crore; Only 1 of 500 cars coming to India-monk.jpg

Last edited by Captain Slow : 18th September 2024 at 00:52.
Captain Slow is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 09:35   #8
BHPian

What an ugly car! This looks like a car from DC design

Allotment of just 1 car to India was the only good thing about this news.

Last edited by Asish_VK : 18th September 2024 at 09:37.
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 09:40   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

This has to be among the top 5 ugliest cars ever made. Worse than even the Pontiac Aztec. Yuck!
Old 18th September 2024, 09:51   #10
BHPian

Did the BMW design team really think an accent is something you just tack onto a car's edges with a different colour? What were they thinking with the window line accent that too in a garish red that has absolutely no business sitting up that high in the line of sight. It breaks the roof line, window cuts and messes with the overall flow of an already borderline edgy design. Just give it red callipers, a red streak maybe somewhere near the skirts and i can maybe be okay with a red accent leds around the grille that i can turn off if i want to.

That being said, the 1 of 1 exclusivity absolutely pumps up the desirability quotient. If only the car was allowed to actually BE desirable for once. Sigh!
superblover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 10:06   #11
BHPian

Cost cutting by BMW (in the Design department).

For a premium SUV, 3 cr is better spent on the G, or the Octa.

cheers
lazy
Old 18th September 2024, 11:10   #12
BHPian

This car totally flopped in the USA and they cant get rid of them with crazy lease deals so they're probably trying to dump a few in India.
Old 18th September 2024, 11:13   #13
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
BMW shunted out Domagoj Dukec, the man heading their design department
Shunted out? BMW has promoted him to Rolls-Royce Only a matter of time before we see RRs with grilles the size of ancient Greek monuments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash_1806 View Post
Production is limited to only 500 units worldwide
Someone on the internet said that is 500 more than anyone asked for
A.K is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 11:35   #14
BHPian

For the first time I am happy about not being able to afford something.

What a hideous design, really. BMW now is like that long lost friend whom if you meet now, you would wonder why you were friends at first place!
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2024, 17:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Dang that's one ugly looking car ! Even I could afford this I wouldn't want to be seen with one of these!

This is what this car looks like to me!
Attachment 2656351

Actually your intention was to go for the more accurate vertical oriented "other end of the Chimp" picture but for want of decency you went for the face with horizontal lips, but we understand your feeling Cap/slow.

PS - you guys should see the new 7 in night, even Patrols give way for them when they appear in the rear view mirror!

Last edited by svsantosh : 18th September 2024 at 17:31.
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks