Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2024, 08:06   #31

Re: Bought a BMW Z4 | My story

Truly inspirational. Great car. As Stradman would say - " some day one day" .
sp4589 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 10:07   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
& You are spotted (We are from the same city)
We should definitely catch up, not in country right now. This is not my car, my number ends with 9 😀
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 04:38   #33

Congratulations , I feel that Z4 is One of the most sexiest BMW that is available in the market.

It’s great to see a fellow member getting his dream car especially when the same is super desirable.
Old 12th August 2024, 10:47   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
We should definitely catch up, not in country right now. This is not my car, my number ends with 9 😀
Oh Ok SIR, I think I may have spotted it too.
I Workout in the gym, where you got the PPF done.

I like how knowledgeable the owner is,
My superbikes used to go to her, but then I became lazy
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 10:50   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitish.arnold View Post
Oh Ok SIR, I think I may have spotted it too.
I Workout in the gym, where you got the PPF done.

I like how knowledgeable the owner is,
My superbikes used to go to her, but then I became lazy
This is great. I have been trying to hit gym for a while. So let’s connect, will take your help.
Old 18th August 2024, 12:23   #36
BHPian

Quote:
It all starts with a dream, as a kid I always dreamt about owning a convertible sports car. In my dreams it was a blue, Porsche! Well, you got to start somewhere, isn’t it? So here is my story…
Congratulations Rishi. Did you get any discounts or any deal ? I have been thinking about the z4 since a few years as the 911 is out of reach at 3 cr . What offers or pricing are available on this ?

How has the ride been ? Is it very stiff ? And the GC ? Any other views you may have ?
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 12:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Congratulations Rishi. Did you get any discounts or any deal ? I have been thinking about the z4 since a few years as the 911 is out of reach at 3 cr . What offers or pricing are available on this ?

How has the ride been ? Is it very stiff ? And the GC ? Any other views you may have ?
Zero discounts. Car has one year waiting if you want your specific configuration. You may get lucky if someone cancels booking, then you can get car in 6-7 months. It’s a CBU, europe spec with almost everything available as added options. Basic options add 6-8 lacs to ex showroom.

GC is no issue at all, I got sliplo front bumper scrape protection installed but most speed breakers are easily manoeuvred with 35-45 degree angle approach technique.

Ride is stiff as compared to my 6 series but handling is truly BMW. Having said that, it is comfortable enough for long hours. NVH is far superior to 718 boxter that I kept for few days, but not sedan like, after all it’s a convertible with soft top.

You can look at 718 cayman in same budget (I think it is even lesser and you can get some options as discount) but then it is neither 6 cylinder nor a convertible. But Porsche PDK gearbox with formula1 like thunk sound is incomparable. BMW ZF 8 gearbox is quick and comparable but doesn’t make thuds like PDK. As and when I upgrade to 911 or some other Porsche it would just be for PDK.

Convertible is a joy, always, period. Car is practical and you can use everyday. There is no hassle of 95 octane petrol like Porsche. I will share experience after I complete 1500 break in period and take it to track.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 18th August 2024 at 12:38. Reason: Typo error
rishi_kapoor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 13:17   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Zero discounts. Car has one year waiting if you want your specific configuration.

Convertible is a joy, always, period. Car is practical and you can use everyday. There is no hassle of 95 octane petrol like Porsche. I will share experience after I complete 1500 break in period and take it to track.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. I asked for my customised quote they said 6 months waiting. You use 91 octane or 95 octane ?

Porsche cayman is also expensive going close to 2 I think after customisation which is the issue with Porsche although I’m not a fan of the cayman.

It’s either a 911 or a z4 or a taycan but the Taycan also will go to 2.5 plus the EV tech is still to mature and it is constantly evolving.

I would like a convertible too. Thinking of the blue.

What were your insurance costs ? They quoted 5 lacs .
Old 18th August 2024, 15:04   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I asked for my customised quote they said 6 months waiting. You use 91 octane or 95 octane ?

Porsche cayman is also expensive going close to 2 I think after customisation which is the issue with Porsche although I’m not a fan of the cayman.

It’s either a 911 or a z4 or a taycan but the Taycan also will go to 2.5 plus the EV tech is still to mature and it is constantly evolving.

I would like a convertible too. Thinking of the blue.

What were your insurance costs ? They quoted 5 lacs .
6 months wait is decent considering very few units are allocated in 2024 for India. No special 91 octane or 95 octane required. BMW recommends normal fuel. Insurance was around 2.5, you may want to get it done from outside, dealership insurance is costly.

A friend bought Taycan and sold within 6 months. He didn’t like it, no comparison to ICE. Porsche has this hydraulic lift feature which is very useful to lift car on speed breakers, it even remembers it next time through GPS mapping, I think it is a very neat and must feature on 911.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 18th August 2024 at 15:05. Reason: Autocorrect
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2024, 15:31   #40
BHPian

Quote:
BMW recommends normal fuel. Insurance was around 2.5, you may want to get it done from outside, dealership insurance is costly.

A friend bought Taycan and sold within 6 months. He didn’t like it, no comparison to ICE. Porsche has this hydraulic lift feature which is very useful to lift car on speed breakers, it even remembers it next time through GPS mapping, I think it is a very neat and must feature on 911.
Regular fuel is 91 octane throughout the country now. Infact in some places they only give you ethanol blended fuel. Is z4 e20 compatible ?

Yes I’ll have to figure out the insurance and figured 5 was an overkill.

I test drove the Taycan 4s. It was comfortable and quick and practical luxury. I really did like it but the issue with Porsche is that the moment you start customising it quickly crosses 2.5 cr ex fac. Yes the lift system has the memory function which I found convenient too. Z4 has adaptive dampers but no lift function I’m guessing.

New 911 is crossing 3 cr in customisation
Old 18th August 2024, 16:36   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Regular fuel is 91 octane throughout the country now. Infact in some places they only give you ethanol blended fuel. Is z4 e20 compatible ?

I test drove the Taycan 4s. It was comfortable and quick and practical luxury. I really did like it but the issue with Porsche is that the moment you start customising it quickly crosses 2.5 cr ex fac. Yes the lift system has the memory function which I found convenient too. Z4 has adaptive dampers but no lift function I’m guessing.

Z4 is E30 compatible. No special fuel needed. Yes adaptive damping in M sport guise is great. There is no option of lift.
Old 20th August 2024, 01:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Z4 is E30 compatible. No special fuel needed. Yes adaptive damping in M sport guise is great. There is no option of lift.
E30 ? That’s great. I am looking forward to figuring this out. Let’s hope for the best.
Old 20th August 2024, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Congratulations sir. I own a Z4 (e89 N54 engine) since last 8 years. Beautiful car, excellent throttle response. Makes it for a great cruiser too. Shuttled between 2 states easily.
I personally feel XP95 makes significant difference in engine response. I wish to upgrade mine to the G29, kindly do post more updates about your daily drives. Happy Motoring.
Straight6_N54 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2024, 07:58   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Z4 is E30 compatible.
@rishi_kapoor, could you please check the inner side of the fuel tank lid and see whether it is E25 or E30?
1.2GT3GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2024, 12:07   #45
BHPian

Quote:

One small correction, Z4 B58 engine is up to E25 compatible and not E30 as I mentioned earlier. I wrote to BMW and got this clarity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks