Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2023, 19:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Pre-Owned Jaguar XKR V8

What a timeless beauty! No one would be able to tell the age of this car from the outside. I'm curious if you did something to refurbish the rims, they look flawless.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 20:25   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
What a timeless beauty! No one would be able to tell the age of this car from the outside. I'm curious if you did something to refurbish the rims, they look flawless.
Not only on the outside but inside as well , the car had that new car smell when I first got in to drive her.
I guess thats got to do with the love n care such cars get from their owners.
Heck! my friend quoted this song to me on whats app when I took the car from him "kar chale hum fida jaan or tan saathiyon ab tumhare hawale watan saathiyon"

There was an incident of rims being bent after my friend drove over an unknown speed breaker .He got them replaced .Thats the reason for them looking so flawless

Thanks!
tin lizzie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 07:10   #18
BHPian

Wow driving around in a supercharged V8 Jag in an age of downsized 1 Litre turbo petrols must feel really special. With the pricing of new cars going through the roof, going the pre owned route esp for a 10 year old 'super' car makes much more sense.

And I completely agree with you regarding joining the specific forums. The wealth of knowledge that passionate owners have can dwarf the average technician working at the ASS.

Wishing you a lot of miles and smiles with her! ❤️

Cheers,
Kumaran
Kumaran93R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 12:32   #19
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. She looks fabulous and the power that she has packed under the hood in the V8 is beyond comparison. Enjoy each and every moment with her and keep on munching miles. All the best.
Kkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 20:35   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Hearty congratulations tin lizzie for your new beast. Thanks for describing its niggles and pluses well and so understandable to people like me.

As rightly said by my fellow teambhpians earlier, I too admire your enthusiasm, zeal and top of the world feeling as a proud owner that have all come out in your OP.

I am sure you have a NOC from the DL I CV , RTO office. Hence would suggest you to immediately changeover the registration to that of your hometown or your preferred place, so that those 15 year-life laws don't apply for your prized car.

Wishing you happy and safe driving and also hoping for updates with new posts about the sublime beautiful XKR V8.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th July 2023 at 20:44.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 13:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

What a beautiful car to own. The XKR is just so sublime in design and beast when you floor the pedal. I love it to bits. I still remember driving one years ago along with the XK RS. The supercharged V8 is just bonkers.

All this with trademark Jaguar luxury on the inside.

Congratulations on owning a rare car. One that is a standout in the sea of Porsches, Ferraris and Lambos.

What's more amazing is that it can be your daily driver as well.

Wish you tons of happy miles.
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 15:08   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAwX View Post
I had a custom straight pipe exhaust with an x-pipe, making it the loudest car I had heard in a long time. For an extra punch, I would recommend an x-pipe with the mufflers intact if nothing has been done to it so far.
Reading, reading and reading.I've become a voracious reader since I got this car.Started reading about the E55 when you mentioned about her.
Man it was a great car you owned.

Coming to the XKR exhaust.

My Pre-Owned Jaguar XKR V8-xkr-exhaust.jpg

The XKR has an Active Exhaust. The two outer pipes of the quad pipe set up on the XKR bypass the rear muffler box and are controlled by a valve (vacuum actuated), which is open below 1100 RPM and above 4000 RPM. In between, it closes in order to push all the gases through the muffler to keep the noise down. However, if you select manual gear change using the paddles or engage dynamic mode, the valves open giving the "throaty" V8 rumble.

My Pre-Owned Jaguar XKR V8-dynamic-mode-button.jpg

The chequered flag is the dynamic mode button.

Now the XK RS did come with the performance active exhaust (PAE).

My Pre-Owned Jaguar XKR V8-xkrs-exhaust.jpg

This PAE was also an optional on the XKR. You can see that this has an X-pipe. I looked under my car and found it has the active exhaust, not the optional PAE.
I am more than satisfied with the sound I am getting. Some people, rather most of the younger owners have taken out fuse 19, which keeps the valves permanently open .

Man, I wish to keep her stock.

Thanks hAwX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
I have had the good fortune of being in and out of an XKR here in Bangalore that belongs to a dear friend, the character of this car is palpable and it sounds lovely. Enjoy her in good health!
Yup! I keep finding excuses to take her out.

Thanks A.K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Hearty congratulations tin lizzie for your new beast.
You are absolutely right.The car is registered till 2027.
Am working on it.

Thanks anjan_c2007!

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2023 at 03:05. Reason: Quotes trimmed, typos fixed, spacing. Random upper/lowercase fixed.
tin lizzie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 19:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations my friend!! Missed this thread! Glad it all worked out. A Jaguar coupe with v8 is a total package of show and go :-) and the rarity of it on our roads makes it very special. Have a blast!!
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 23:26   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations tin_lizzie on such a lovely XKR. Seems like an amazing car for some weekend fun. Wishing you many happy miles and a fuss free ownership.
robimahanta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 14:26   #25
BHPian

Congratulations! I like the way you have written everything in a crisp manner without making a fuss about it.

The XKR has that English feel and it's a practical car which can be daily driven. The reason it looks fresh is also because it's maintained by the official service centre. It does make a massive difference while buying an expensive import.

If you drive her well, you will have a reliable experience. Cheers!
300 KMPH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks