Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2022, 12:45   #16
BHPian

Re: BBT Queens Drive | Women Supercar Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by amol4184 View Post
P.S. What's up with those ladies wearing black overalls, knee high leather shoes, black puffer jackets chained up to chins out on horsebacks on what appears to be a terrible scorching mid summer day?
Agree, summer day but don't think it is MID as the shadows suggest early morning or evening. Still not the most comfortable for Delhi, I guess

Last edited by carthick1000 : 25th April 2022 at 12:46.
Old 25th April 2022, 12:54   #17
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Funny but my favorite "supercar" is that green G63! And that red 488GTB seen in one photo. Somehow I like 2015-2018 Ferrari look better than newer series.

P.S. What's up with those ladies wearing black overalls, knee high leather shoes, black puffer jackets chained up to chins out on horsebacks on what appears to be a terrible scorching mid summer day?
The pics with the 488GTB and horses are from the Queen's Drive Edition 1.0 which was held earlier this year, probably around January IIRC. So temperatures were a little more favourable. The Edition 2.0 was held on 24.04.2022 and the heat waves did make their presence felt even in the early hours of the day.
//M is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 13:12   #18
BHPian

What lovely pictures, sexy cars and "beautiful drivers"! (never thought I would say this adjective along the term - driver)

The Ferrari sadly looks like a Toyota from the front, especially the headlights and shape around. I don't really like that design language. A personal opinion.

BBT Queens Drive | Women Supercar Owners-amg.jpg

And what's hanging in front of that G-Wagon?
Have seen it on the trucks (the load carrying ones I mean), first time on a luxury vehicle. Is it because that G-Wagon called a truck in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
That car would have over heated so much with all the glitter paper clogging up the intake like that....
Ladies should enjoy the driving, the later part is for us to think!(just kidding)
iamahunter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 13:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Agree, summer day but don't think it is MID as the shadows suggest early morning or evening. Still not the most comfortable for Delhi, I guess
Just looking at them made me sweat This year's summer is especially bad and even mornings are hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The pics with the 488GTB and horses are from the Queen's Drive Edition 1.0 which was held earlier this year, probably around January IIRC. So temperatures were a little more favourable. The Edition 2.0 was held on 24.04.2022 and the heat waves did make their presence felt even in the early hours of the day.
Thanks, that explains. January would be ideal for puffer jackets.
Old 25th April 2022, 15:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The following supercars and superbikes were part of this event

On a side note, from the pics the list is missing 2 more bikes- A Suzuki Boulevard M109R and BMW G310R

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th April 2022 at 17:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 25th April 2022, 17:22   #21
MrA
BHPian

Quote:
Funny but my favorite "supercar" is that green G63! And that red 488GTB seen in one photo. Somehow I like 2015-2018 Ferrari look better than newer series.

Could be jackets with airbags, part of a proper riding attire. They need jackets or vests with airbags to cushion/protect in case of a fall. Just like a motorbike jacket/vest with airbags.
Old 26th April 2022, 04:26   #22
BHPian

A hattrick of BMW M40i goes on to show the amazing choice. We need more of these so that women in our country are encouraged to come out and talk about the mean machines and go out for more of such revving drives.
Old 26th April 2022, 14:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
And what's hanging in front of that G-Wagon?
Have seen it on the trucks (the load carrying ones I mean), first time on a luxury vehicle. Is it because that G-Wagon called a truck in the US?
That is called "Paraanda" in Punjabi, generally women in north India tie Paraanda to their long braid. The logic behind putting this on the car is to save it from evil eyes (superstition).
varoon9999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 19:19   #24
BHPian

BBT Queens Drive, driven mostly by.... men? The SF90 is a gorgeous car!
BoJack is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks