Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:14   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Wow. Which airline gives Porsche branded merchandise?
You can guess it would be a German airlines :-) Lufthansa (business class, don’t know if given in economy class also). They were running Porsche Macan ads on the inflight entertainment system - must have been some marketing campaign. I was tempted to check all seats at the time of exit to collect the leftover pouches, but controlled my desi instincts
androdev is online now   (52) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:19   #182
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Further down the journey, a red Octavia was following me all the way till I took the exit to get off the highway. He was not interested in overtaking, he just wanted to drive right behind me, always passing several cars to stay behind me. Later I noticed he too was traveling with a young boy as shotgun! We did some some song and dance routine for sometime till my exit came! We didn't see each other but if we did, we would have exchanged some nerd-dad-thumbs-ups! Saved ourselves the blushes.
Sharing an image taken by the driver of the red Octavia
Very interesting to see your car photographed, since I don't recall seeing any images aside your own of this car ever since it has come into your ownership. Quite the ninja, if I may!

Image credits : Prashant
Attached Thumbnails
Vroom for real - My used Porsche 911 (997.2)-image_123650291.jpg  

Last edited by A.K : 22nd April 2024 at 17:21.
A.K is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:47   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Sharing an image taken by the driver of the red Octavia

Very interesting to see your car photographed, since I don't recall seeing any images aside your own of this car ever since it has come into your ownership. Quite the ninja, if I may!

Image credits : Prashant
Wow, really small world!! I should be careful with what I write here and not take too many creative liberties as I might be fact checked
androdev is online now   (24) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:56   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Further down the journey, a red Octavia was following me all the way till I took the exit to get off the highway. He was not interested in overtaking, he just wanted to drive right behind me, always passing several cars to stay behind me. Later I noticed he too was traveling with a young boy as shotgun! We did some some song and dance routine for sometime till my exit came! We didn't see each other but if we did, we would have exchanged some nerd-dad-thumbs-ups! Saved ourselves the blushes.
That red Octavia is a usual spot on that road on Sundays and is a huge fan of your car
ChiragM is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 10:15   #185
BHPian

Quote:
You can guess it would be a German airlines :-) Lufthansa (business class, don’t know if given in economy class also). They were running Porsche Macan ads on the inflight entertainment system - must have been some marketing campaign. I was tempted to check all seats at the time of exit to collect the leftover pouches, but controlled my desi instincts
I got these in Premium Economy as well back in August 2023. Didn't have any Porsche ads on the inflight entertainment though.
NerdyMillennial is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:24   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got these on a recent flight - never felt so excited with a toothbrush kit to be repurposed as school stationery pouch. I couldn't wait to return home and give them to my kid.
Gosh - sorry for taking a 911 thread off topic but fully agree with you on these bags (also, these Porsche bags are likely the closest I will get to contributing to a Porsche thread) .

Flew business on Lufthansa last week to Boston and ended up with 4 of these (1 per sector) - more importantly, one for each member of the family from my mum to my 12 yo kid too. They’re absolutely lovely I do agree.

Strangely, flying BOM - MUN - BOS and BOS - MUN - BOM I ended up with 3 of the big ones and 1 small one. So clearly there was at least one sector where they gave the small one going out and the regular big one on the way back. Not sure why the difference - perhaps it changes as per the aircraft or flight duration, not sure.

In other news, speaking of gifts at car delivery - I was at the Ducati showroom over the weekend and by another coincidence ran into a motorcyclist acquaintance who was being delivered a brand new British Racing green colored Porsche in their showroom next door. By extension a whole bunch of other riding buddies happened to be there too for the delivery, most associated with motorcycling in some way or the other. Saw a massive gift hamper being handed over when someone jokingly remarked that they may as well have gifted an x-pulse or something with a purchase of that magnitude.
Axe77 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 17:28   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Further down the journey, a red Octavia was following me all the way till I took the exit to get off the highway. He was not interested in overtaking, he just wanted to drive right behind me, always passing several cars to stay behind me.
This is so sweet and wholesome. I have done the red octavia things so many times, but always let go after a few mins thinking that the owner would think I am trying to race them. But I really enjoyed reading this post.
amitverma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 17:54   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Vroom! Vroo..om! Vroo....oom!! I often find myself making these weird sounds when I am at the wheel stuck in traffic with my kids onboard.

I am still a bit hesitant to take this car out - in spite of it being an unassuming white car and the least impressive in it's league, it does get some attention due to the rarity of it on our roads. My wife thinks it is a better looking VW Beetle. No, she doesn't know who Jeremy Clarkson is.

I am waiting to complete the KA registration transfer and a scheduled service is due in a couple of weeks. I will update this thread with my driving and service experiences as things unfold. Things in general have been slow due to COVID.

The car feels raw and edgy even at safe city speeds which is exactly what I was after. My wife and kids were screaming in horror "STOP! STOP!!” when I barely tried a kick-down. In that sense, it's mission accomplished!
Attachment 2053881
I guess I’m not the only person that has the habit of making exhaust noises while driving. A base Carrera 911 is considered a powerful sports car by Western standards, so for our Indian roads this is an exotic. How much did it cost to get it registered in KA? I truly feel that a video never does justice to the exhaust note. I was completely taken back the first time I heard a loud and pleasant exhaust note.It is definitely not like the YouTube videos.
V0rtex is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 16:30   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0rtex View Post
A base Carrera 911 is considered a powerful sports car by Western standards, so for our Indian roads this is an exotic. How much did it cost to get it registered in KA?
These days power to do 0-100 in 4-5s has become very accessible (not just M340i like cars but also EVs), but the good looks of 911 or any two door sports coupe will keep the exotic factor alive :-) It's very rare to see such cars on our roads.

I think I have paid close to 13L to cover KA registration along with a fancy number. This was after some prorated discount based on the age of the vehicle. I wish you hadn't asked - I have just about forgotten how much it hurt to pay that kind of money
androdev is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 17:13   #190
BHPian

Quote:
These days power to do 0-100 in 4-5s has become very accessible (not just M340i like cars but also EVs), but the good looks of 911 or any two door sports coupe will keep the exotic factor alive :-) It's very rare to see such cars on our roads.

I think I have paid close to 13L to cover KA registration along with a fancy number. This was after some prorated discount based on the age of the vehicle. I wish you hadn't asked - I have just about forgotten how much it hurt to pay that kind of money
Ouch sorry for reminding you about that. But,I think that buying a 911 is an investment. For starters, I don’t think that they depreciate much. I’m not sure about the market here, but in the US every 911 generation other than the 996 generation is holding its value very well. Even the value of the 996 is going up these days. An EV can be quicker ,but it won’t give the same thrill as flooring a naturally aspirated inline 6.
V0rtex is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2024, 11:21   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't feel too bad! I paid 10L registration + cess in 2020 for my humble 330i.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 22:37   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
And a Porsche Taycan has a humble 2k. It’s really weird.
cedricsg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 09:59   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Man, I miss 2020 sometimes. Prices were so different back then.
alkaknar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 13:38   #194
BHPian

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9712...dventures.html

Seems like something I would do.

Thought readers of this thread might appreciate this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks