Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2008, 12:15   #106
BHPian

Slightly OT,but on the subject of Ambanis,I am curious to know which car Mr. A Ambani drives(or rather,is driven in)
Old 11th October 2008, 12:31   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom_ariel View Post
Slightly OT,but on the subject of Ambanis,I am curious to know which car Mr. A Ambani drives(or rather,is driven in)
Seen him a couple of times in the Range Rover sport. He also has the Lamborghini Gallardo and the Ferrari Scuderia. His wife has been seen in the S class. He does have numerous other cars, so pin pointing one car is difficult.
Old 13th October 2008, 11:23   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hunmust like KBK_75 mentioned The Ambani's do not need the individual Maybach concierge, they have a dedicated team to deal with all this. I am sure the car was bought from the company in UK so the concierge is applicable to them anywhere in the world, not only in UK. this is followed by Vertu so i am working on this theory, i might be wrong.
I was told by an official from MB-India that Mr. Ambani's Maybach don't get the personal assistance as the was not bought through them.
Old 13th October 2008, 13:55   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I was told by an official from MB-India that Mr. Ambani's Maybach don't get the personal assistance as the was not bought through them.
Yes the Maybach was not bought through both dealers in Bombay and they would not provide the Facility but like i mentioned If I do buy a Vertu Phone in London the concierge service works even in Bombay, so i was working on this theory for the Maybach since it costs 20 Plus times the Vertu phone. Then also the Ambani's dont need it, as their staff would get the parts from U.K. if anything did go wrong. The car was here for a brief period only and now since the car is back there i dont see an issue.
Old 13th October 2008, 16:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes the Maybach was not bought through both dealers in Bombay and they would not provide the Facility but like i mentioned If I do buy a Vertu Phone in London the concierge service works even in Bombay, so i was working on this theory for the Maybach since it costs 20 Plus times the Vertu phone. Then also the Ambani's dont need it, as their staff would get the parts from U.K. if anything did go wrong. The car was here for a brief period only and now since the car is back there i dont see an issue.
Ambani's force may do the work once it went wrong, but they won't be able to monitor the car 24x7, thats wat the individual service person doing for a Maybach owner. As you mentioned this car is not bought through any of the dealer in Mumbai, but Ambani directly imported from UK, so the MB India didn't took the responsibility of the car. That is sure. But I don't say that he took back the car to UK due to this reason, may be because of the same reason his spokesman mentioned!
Old 13th October 2008, 18:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Maybach was in Jaipur for display and showcase for two days. 11th and 12th OCT. The best part was we could sit in it and the driver explained all features. I even started the engine with the button on gear knob. More details and photos later.
Old 13th October 2008, 19:06   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Maybach was in Jaipur for display and showcase for two days. 11th and 12th OCT. The best part was we could sit in it and the driver explained all features. I even started the engine with the button on gear knob. More details and photos later.
Hey man
Its on showcase in Delhi this wednesday and thursday and i have an invitation for the same.

Seems like it is on a tour round the nation.
Old 22nd December 2008, 19:30   #113
Senior - BHPian

My friend from MB India had been to my office today & confirmed that their demo Maybach has being bought by Dr.Vijay Mallya. There were somany enquiries from Delhi when it was showcased there, but non of them finalised it & at last Dr.Mallya wanted the limo to be demonstrated at his Mumbai house. Soon he finalised the deal & took the delivery of the car.

The same car. More photos: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-showcase.html

Last edited by hanmust : 22nd December 2008 at 19:31.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Why did he buy the 'demo' car in the first place?
Anyways, looks like he changed his mind....few years ago he had told a newspaper that he can easily afford to buy a Maybach but the road conditions out here are incompatible.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:29   #115
Senior - BHPian

I like how you write that it'll be "demonstrated at his Mumbai house", like it's some sort of an experiment.
Old 22nd December 2008, 20:40   #116
Senior - BHPian

why did he want a demo? Dosen't he already own a Maybach outside India ?
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:12   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
why did he want a demo? Dosen't he already own a Maybach outside India ?
I think the actual demo Maybach is a wine red one that sits in the factory. This was a fully loaded version brought on exhibition like the CGT aand the Phantom convertable which later gets sold. ie this was never driven too much except for locational delivery.

VM must have wanted to take a look - and in his case the mountain comes to Mohamed
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:57   #118
Senior - BHPian

i believe he has one in london already but not sure
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:44   #119
Senior - BHPian

Dr.VM had two - one in London & one in US. This one is his third Maybach & its the same car which company exibited in all exibition & brand shows through out India. But its very less used & is in mint condition. Normally Maybach are not taken out of plant except in case of some shows. Its first time they are taking it such a long distance for a demo only because of his VVIP position. They have also taken the car to some interested VIP customer from Delhi. All these are stated by my friend who is from MB-India.

I don't know why he bought the demo Maybach, but he is anyway trying to save the additional expenses, because he registered the car in PY where the road tax will fall around Rs.20,000/- only. The regn no is PY-**-**-9999.
Old 23rd December 2008, 12:02   #120
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe he is getting a a good offer on the Maybach along with a Buy-back scheme. It does make sense to buy this low mileage demo car rather than spend 5-cr on a brand new one (when he already owns 2).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks