Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2019, 20:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW M5 Competition launched in India

BMW has launched the M5 Competition at an ex-showroom price of Rs. 1.55 crore. It is being imported as a completely built unit (CBU).

On the outside, the car looks similar to the regular 5-Series barring some details. The M5 Competition gets gloss black kidney grille, ORVMs and side air vents. At the back, it gets dual chrome exhaust vents, a gloss black apron and a black M5 badge. The car also gets a light-weight carbon fibre roof.

On the inside, the M5 Competition gets M Multifunction sport seats with illuminated M5 logo and M Seat belts, leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel with dedicated M1 and M2 buttons and a new red start / stop button. It gets a 10.25-inch infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay and a 12.3 inch digital MID.

The M5 competition is powered by an 8-cylinder, twin turbo petrol engine rated at 616 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 750 Nm @ 1,800-5,860 rpm. Power is sent to all the four wheels via an 8-speed automatic gearbox. The 0-100 km/h time is claimed to be 3.3 seconds.

In terms of safety, the BMW M5 Competition comes with front and side airbags for driver and front passenger as well as head airbags for rear seats as standard. Additional standard equipment includes Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Automatic Stability Control (ASC), M Dynamic Mode (MDM), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), Dynamic Brake Control (DBC), Dry Braking function and Active M Differential.

BMW M5 Competition launched in India-01-image-new-bmw-m5-competition.jpg

BMW M5 Competition launched in India-02-image-new-bmw-m5-competition.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News
blackwasp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 10:14   #2

Re: BMW M5 Competition launched in India

This is what the facelifted 7 series should have looked like.
Old 8th October 2019, 15:16   #3
BHPian

The competition is at par with the E63s which was not the case with the standard M5.
Old 8th October 2019, 19:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
The competition is at par with the E63s which was not the case with the standard M5.
According to who? The normal M5 and E63S were so good or equal that subjectively, Jonny Lieberman from Motortrend (who has spent considerable amount of time with both cars and who I trust in general) chooses the M5 over the AMG.
raystriker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 13:53   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystriker View Post
The normal M5 and E63S were so good or equal that subjectively, Jonny Lieberman from Motortrend (who has spent considerable amount of time with both cars and who I trust in general) chooses the M5 over the AMG.
Me too . Took both for long drives and I think I'd pick the M5 over the E63. Reasons:

- Better engine & gearbox tuning (although the E63 was also spectacular)
- Superior ride quality. This is a big point in favour of the M5 for India
- BMW's excellent reliability
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 16:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Here is a quick comparison between the E63S and the M5 Competition from one of my favorite YouTube channels Carwow. As you can see both the cars are separated by a hairs breadth.

ram87pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 00:49   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A couple of these already delivered as well!

The first one, pictured below, was delivered in Mumbai and the second one went to Hyderabad IIRC.
Gotta love the spec on this!

Pic by Clinton Pereira

Name:  Screenshot 20191011 at 12.47.38 AM.png
Views: 1721
Size:  388.5 KB
///RMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 03:43   #8
BHPian

Does anyone know if BMW Individual is allowed in India, and on a similar note, Porsche PTS (paint-to-sample)?
Old 15th October 2019, 11:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know if BMW Individual is allowed in India, and on a similar note, Porsche PTS (paint-to-sample)?
Not exactly paint to your own spec but they do have some of the paints as well interiors exclusive to certain models. Only in CBU though and for some of the options, you might end up paying more like the cost of a C segment sedan

have a look at the options for upcoming M8, if you are ready to order, get in touch with your nearest dealership now and you can get one sometime in April 2020
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M5 Competition launched in India-22.jpeg  

BMW M5 Competition launched in India-11.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 19:17   #10
BHPian

I don't really see the point of buying an M5 from BMW India, if you can't get a car to your exact specifications. It makes much more sense to me to import directly from BMW UK or some other more "unrestricted" RHD country. It might be costlier in the end, but at least you'll have exactly what you want.
Old 15th October 2019, 20:53   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't really see the point of buying an M5 from BMW India, if you can't get a car to your exact specifications.
Can you elaborate what all specifications/ options are missing here that you find elsewhere? To the credit of BMW India, apart from some of the First world features like Lane Departure or Driver-assist functions, we can choose absolutely everything here. Have a look at this webpage, you can download the spec sheet and there is a long list of options that you can order via BMW dealership.

https://www.bmw.in/en/all-models/m-s...5-inspire.html

Quote:
[It makes much more sense to me to import directly from BMW UK or some other more "unrestricted" RHD country.
It will not be worth the hassles. If you search the Tesla thread here, you will find even mighty RIL using a car dealer to import the Tesla and they are second owners. It's way too complicated.

It starts around 100 K GBP including VAT in UK but a lot of things are standard on what we get here. I have heard on forums, it's around 250 K AUD in Australia with reasonable loadings. It will also be hard to find any official Dealer selling you on the overseas address at Zero VAT.

If you still want to go-ahead with imports, consider 100 % customs duty Plus 50 % + GST, And then warranty and service bulletins and goodwill repairs we get here

no harm in fantasizing these beauties instead of cribbing about the prices as it's beyond the control of any manufacturer
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks