Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:00   #706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Hey, didn't spot the 3 series anywhere but there was a W220 in Maroon with tan interiors, much like this Phantom, which is Mr C.P's favourite combo.
Sorry my Bad, i get confused in placements of whose son is who. this house is bought by Mr.C.P. I see A.P. driving the Maroon Rolls with his Black 3 series following always. Mr.Z.P. still lives in the old house. The W220 is also theres.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:49   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Final tally is as follows- owners mentioned have been featured in the press

Hyderabad = 1
Bangalore = 1 (Royal Orchid Hotel)
Pune = 2 (Poonawala and Bhonsale)
Hospet = 1
Delhi = 1 (shiv Nadar)
Chennai = 1
Mumbai = 3 (including demo car)

Can't account for one
I think you guys forgot ecks' Phantom !
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:58   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Sorry my Bad, i get confused in placements of whose son is who. this house is bought by Mr.C.P. I see A.P. driving the Maroon Rolls with his Black 3 series following always. Mr.Z.P. still lives in the old house. The W220 is also theres.
Is it the E90 3? To be honest, I quite liked the Q7 too. Was fully loaded and even in low revs, the grumble was menacing. I would be very satisfied with a car like that.
Old 23rd September 2009, 15:27   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sahil are you sure it was white or was it more on the silverish side. D.N. just recently got his Phantom and it is on taxi plates. The interiors of his car are deep purple too.
Who's DN?

I am sure it's white and by purple combo I meant the roof,boot and bonnet are deep pruple, not the interiors.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:41   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalhotra_93 View Post
I think you guys forgot ecks' Phantom !
Thats the old count there are many more Phantoms now.

Quote:
Is it the E90 3? To be honest, I quite liked the Q7 too. Was fully loaded and even in low revs, the grumble was menacing. I would be very satisfied with a car like that.
If i am not mistaken that the 4 litre petrol. The BMW is the E90 325i. It takes A.P. where the Phantom cannot. You n me would be satisfied but not them, new one out and they want it. Who can blame them too, maybe if we were in their shoes we would e doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Who's DN?

I am sure it's white and by purple combo I meant the roof,boot and bonnet are deep pruple, not the interiors.
Yes thats his car for sure. It has the interiors in deep purple almost blackish too. The lower half is Silverish white with the top part in the deep purple. D.N. is the owner of Royal Palms and now they have opened a hotel too, Imperial palace or something. They also have a scheeme of RS 7800 per night and you get to be driven in the Rolls.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:53   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, didn't spot the 3 series anywhere but there was a W220 in Maroon with tan interiors, much like this Phantom, which is Mr C.P's favourite combo.
And mine. Here's the finest example.

One, and Two.

Old 24th September 2009, 02:40   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

One, and Two.

Something tells me you like Bentley Flying Spurs. Gosh, I wonder what
Old 24th September 2009, 09:27   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Something tells me you like Bentley Flying Spurs. Gosh, I wonder what
Elementary, my dear Watson
Old 24th September 2009, 09:34   #714
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

this RR I have seen when it was visiting Bangalore a couple of months ago. Remember wondering at the time, why one would buy such a beautiful "bespoke" aristocrat of a car and then put it to such use!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunaldhami View Post
The Mobile Store RR Phantom is Surat for some days.
Bought a cellphone to get a ride in it and as expected I was blown away..
Though this particular car is not in good shape.

Some Pics I clicked
Old 24th September 2009, 10:23   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes thats his car for sure. It has the interiors in deep purple almost blackish too. The lower half is Silverish white with the top part in the deep purple. D.N. is the owner of Royal Palms and now they have opened a hotel too, Imperial palace or something. They also have a scheeme of RS 7800 per night and you get to be driven in the Rolls.
I had a hunch this Phantom taxi would be a part of the 7800Rs scheme.

However the interiors were beige and lower half was white not silver like I said. Here's proof:
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom-img_0189.jpg  

Old 24th September 2009, 10:29   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

One, and Two.

You know Flyingspur they have a white Flyingspur with the Mulliner kit too besides the GTC with the kit. The Maroon Flying of A.A. is in the worst condition possible so i dont know how you think it is the finest example. I dont think you have seen the car in a while, do have a look and your opinioun will change. I saw the car at his place last week only.

Sahil i dont doubt you at all. I saw the car before he took delivery of it and that too from a distance. They must have had a cover on or something to protect the seats. The colour also had a silverish tinge in the white. Can you believe it first you buy a phone and get to ride in the Phantom now you book a room and you get to ride a Phantom. I guess the Phantom is looseing its value.

Last edited by speedy : 24th September 2009 at 10:34.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:45   #717
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sahil i dont doubt you at all. I saw the car before he took delivery of it and that too from a distance. They must have had a cover on or something to protect the seats. The colour also had a silverish tinge in the white. Can you believe it first you buy a phone and get to ride in the Phantom now you book a room and you get to ride a Phantom. I guess the Phantom is looseing its value.
I know you aren't doubting, I didn't mean it likewise.

Whether it is loosing it's value or not is debatable but it's a great marketing tool and a great duty evasion trick too- Use the car for promo purpose for a few months so no body can doubt that it is not being used for "business purpose" under EPCG. After the short lived scheme is over the car is legibly for personal use. If you do get caught somewhere in the future you can always claim the 7800 offer is still on.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:33   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I know you aren't doubting, I didn't mean it likewise.

Whether it is loosing it's value or not is debatable but it's a great marketing tool and a great duty evasion trick too- Use the car for promo purpose for a few months so no body can doubt that it is not being used for "business purpose" under EPCG. After the short lived scheme is over the car is legibly for personal use. If you do get caught somewhere in the future you can always claim the 7800 offer is still on.

So true. The EPCG liscense is the best tool for duty evasion. The car however would have to sport the taxi plates for a period of 5 years and presumably the car would not be in the best of health by then. The other thing i also found out is the car has to be parked in the Hotel premises and not in the owners home at night if not in duty of a client, so it is legible for personal use even now. There are many who use the car in this fashion. I doubt the car would be used for the clients even after they use the 7800 scheeme. The general answer you would get is that the offer was only in the innaugral month. The car however would stand there for show. No body really bothers to check if the car is used for the said reason bought or not. The only criteria now checked is if the address mentioned is fictacious or genuine.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:44   #719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You know Flyingspur they have a white Flyingspur with the Mulliner kit too besides the GTC with the kit. The Maroon Flying of A.A. is in the worst condition possible so i dont know how you think it is the finest example. I dont think you have seen the car in a while, do have a look and your opinioun will change. I saw the car at his place last week only.
Yeah Abhishek I've seen their white Flying Spur with the chrome grille and I think it's the Mansory kit, not the Mulliner. I think it's quite ugly !! IMO the FS should be left the way it is, instead of adding aftermarket bling to it.

And as for the maroon one, I saw it a couple of weeks back and by finest example, I meant the colour combination and not the condition of the car. If you follow my post I've quoted Aniguchisan's post that spoke of the colour combination (Maroon + Tan) Anyway I believe the FS is on it's way out. Ghost, I reckon.

OT: Sweet Aston, eh? Looks like a go-kart when parked beside the H2.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 24th September 2009 at 11:46.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:24   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah Abhishek I've seen their white Flying Spur with the chrome grille and I think it's the Mansory kit, not the Mulliner. I think it's quite ugly !! IMO the FS should be left the way it is, instead of adding aftermarket bling to it.

And as for the maroon one, I saw it a couple of weeks back and by finest example, I meant the colour combination and not the condition of the car. If you follow my post I've quoted Aniguchisan's post that spoke of the colour combination (Maroon + Tan) Anyway I believe the FS is on it's way out. Ghost, I reckon.

OT: Sweet Aston, eh? Looks like a go-kart when parked beside the H2.

Sorry Mansory kit, Have to agree these cars look the best when left alone and not trying to make them look bling. It kills the show and the class they carry.

I got the drift of the combination you were talking off but i still would have prefered a deeper maroon with the tan interiors. This is more on the redish side.
Yes the Ghost is gonna make its way in only if the FS or MQ head out (both up for sale). I had taken a friend to see the cars and trust me i was embarassed at the sight. The price asked also is not justified and an offer was given and he has to get back.

Yes a Go-Kart indeed besides the H2 and even the Rolls.

I did see the Dealer package for the Ghost and the car is fabulous. The features and the ease with which the person drives it in traffic is awsome. If i had the means i would get myself one. A perfect rolls i can drive myself.

Last edited by speedy : 24th September 2009 at 12:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks