Team-BHP - Supercars & Imports : Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercars & Imports : Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/20142-supercars-imports-kerala-462.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2823404)
Its a Giallo Midas (Yellow) Gallardo Coupe, pre-LP.

Ok. But after seeing the LP with those cosmetic changes, the normal Galrado looks so plain jane (relatively speaking ofcourse)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2823404)
Its a Giallo Midas (Yellow) Gallardo Coupe, pre-LP.

Erm.. Pre-LP? Weren't all Gallardos 'LP'? Or am I missing something here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by prkiran (Post 2824736)

The yellow one is the pre-LP Gallardo which is coming to KL.
The white one (just for reference) is the Gallardo LP560-4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 2824236)
Ok. But after seeing the LP with those cosmetic changes, the normal Galrado looks so plain jane (relatively speaking ofcourse)

I think otherwise, not that I don't like the LP-Gallardos, they're stunning, but earlier they had a character of their own rather than being a smaller Reventon/Aventador.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2824868)
The white one (just for reference) is the Gallardo LP560-4.

Ahaan, time for a history lesson!

Technically speaking, Yes, all Lamborghinis, post-Countach are LPs. LP stands for Longitudinale Posteriore, in simple English, the engine is longitudinally mounted.

Right from the Countach days, Lamborghini wont name 'em so from the get go, they'd eventually bring out an improved version and call it an LP, like in Countach's case, the LP400, LP400S, LP500S etc.

Similarly, with the Gallardo, the LP560/570 Superleggera came as an improved version of the existing model. Much what like Porsche did with the 997-I and II.

Just did a bit of googling myself too :)
So this means the car would be pre-2008 520 bhp one right? That was a tad disappointing.

Funny how 520 bhp becomes disappointing these days.:D

To me,i consider the most beautifully designed variant of the Gallardo was the pre-LP ones.Simple,lovely lines and cuts.The bog standard Gallardo,or the even better Gallardo Spyder.

lol: Weight of expectations apparently stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by prkiran (Post 2824978)
So this means the car would be pre-2008 520 bhp one right?

Yes, infact, it is the exact car Anand has posted the pic of, the yellow one which has been on sale at BBT for a while now.
Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2825030)
Funny how 520 bhp becomes disappointing these days.

:D

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2824868)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2824974)
Technically speaking, Yes, all Lamborghinis, post-Countach are LPs. LP stands for Longitudinale Posteriore, in simple English, the engine is longitudinally mounted.

Right from the Countach days, Lamborghini wont name 'em so from the get go, they'd eventually bring out an improved version and call it an LP, like in Countach's case, the LP400, LP400S, LP500S etc.

But calling them 'pre-LP' would be wrong, because all of them are technically LP-engines. Pre-LP would indicate that they were previously not longitudinally mounted, and that isn't right. So I believe referring to them as 'pre-face lifts' would be more apt. :)

Also, the Aventador started out life with the LP moniker (LP700-4)

I personally prefer the face-lifted Gallardo. Though I'm not much of a Lambo guy anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2825205)
Yes, infact, it is the exact car Anand has posted the pic of, the yellow one which has been on sale at BBT for a while now.

That i think is an ex-Mumbai car. If i remember correctly it had participated in one of the earlier editions of the Supercar Rally. It doesn't have a glass engine cover. It now also has a black roof.

Just in case someone is bored with all the supercars, Smart comes to the rescue! :D

What about a drive to Vagamon, in some cool SUVs, enjoying the beauty of Kerala! :cool:

Pic Courtesy- Ashwin C Raghu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anand123 (Post 2827278)
What about a drive to Vagamon, in some cool SUVs, enjoying the beauty of Kerala! :cool:

Pic Courtesy- Ashwin C Raghu.

Dude..that's awesome. This may sound stupid but which one of these would you prefer to take on the curvy roads to Vagamon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 2827350)
Dude..that's awesome. This may sound stupid but which one of these would you prefer to take on the curvy roads to Vagamon?

I wasn't part of the trip! If I get a chance, I'd take the X6.

Hey Fellas,

I just heard that a Maserati Quattroporte landed Thrissur a while ago. It was picked up from Ajay Devgn I think. Any news or pics of it on the roads?

Apologies if this was already covered earlier in the thread. Just heard it from my bro so wanted to double check.

Thanks Guys!

r-six