Team-BHP - Supercars & Imports : Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercars & Imports : Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/20142-supercars-imports-kerala-389.html)

Big Daddy in Town!
Trivandrum's just got a W140 S600, 6000cc V12. Rejoice!

Saw this being unloaded from a trailer along with a some 4-5 ANHCs at the highway near the Honda Showroom. Stopped by and struck a convo with the in-charge, he told the owner will be picking up the car in another 15 mins. Just snapped some pics and had to leave cos I was in a jiffy. Called hanmust right away to share the news and according to him this is a Embassy car which was up for sale.

Nice! The number of 140's in the state are growing. A friend has picked up an MH Reg W140 S320, recently in cochin.

She is old. I think its a '94 production model, for the following reasons:

1) The clear lens indicators in the front appeared in 1994 while the rear was orange.

2) The parking guide stalks were replaced with the Parktronic sensor system in '95. The car here has the guide stalks on the rear boot lid.

3) And finally after '96 I think the ACC knobs were all replaced with a neat LCD display (Looks exactly like the ACC in todays Innova or Fortuner)

Now that is a pure classic! My all time favourite. Although I keep reading in other threads that the car is really difficult to maintain (the S600 in particular) with all the electronics and such. I once had enquired about this car from Chariyath motors several years ago and they recommended not getting it as they had faced lots of customers having tons of problems in this model. Atleast that is what they informed me.
But none the less, it's still downright tempting. Just did not like the Pioneer headunit and the steering remote (the holder) they attached to the steering wheel.

One of the members here have this car and it's in pristine condition and he sold it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...z-s-320-a.html

The above thread mainly showed how one of the members drove a S320 but kmirchia, the member who owned the S600, put some of his car's pic in page 1 and I was amazed by the condition of the car he maintained!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2287805)
Big Daddy in Town!

Saw this being unloaded from a trailer along with a some 4-5 ANHCs at the highway near the Honda Showroom. Stopped by and struck a convo with the in-charge, he told the owner will be picking up the car in another 15 mins. Just snapped some pics and had to leave cos I was in a jiffy. Called hanmust right away to share the news and according to him this is a Embassy car which was up for sale.

Great finding, one of my favorite luxury sedan ever and a car really wish to own!

Vishnu what I said is, there was an embassy owned S600 for sale at Delhi & I was offered the same. Am not very sure whether its the same, since S600 are very rare, it may be the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStig (Post 2287963)
She is old. I think its a '94 production model, for the following reasons:

1) The clear lens indicators in the front appeared in 1994 while the rear was orange.

2) The parking guide stalks were replaced with the Parktronic sensor system in '95. The car here has the guide stalks on the rear boot lid.

3) And finally after '96 I think the ACC knobs were all replaced with a neat LCD display (Looks exactly like the ACC in todays Innova or Fortuner)

Brilliant finding, to add on to your comments:

After 95 the wheels were a little wider with more lip to it

and this is not having airbag on steering, which was optional sport steering which was available pre-94

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 2287980)
Now that is a pure classic! My all time favourite. Although I keep reading in other threads that the car is really difficult to maintain (the S600 in particular) with all the electronics and such. I once had enquired about this car from Chariyath motors several years ago and they recommended not getting it as they had faced lots of customers having tons of problems in this model. Atleast that is what they informed me.
But none the less, it's still downright tempting. Just did not like the Pioneer headunit and the steering remote (the holder) they attached to the steering wheel.

One of the members here have this car and it's in pristine condition and he sold it.

The above thread mainly showed how one of the members drove a S320 but kmirchia, the member who owned the S600, put some of his car's pic in page 1 and I was amazed by the condition of the car he maintained!!

Dude, Chiriyath must have traded only 1 or 2 such cars, then how cum he have tons of problems, may be he might not have got a big margin on his sales. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 (Post 2287980)

Yes my friend, maintenance and repairs are a very expensive affair. I own a S320 and that itself is expensive. So I expect parts for the S600 to be more expensive. But parts are available even now, provided you have the a good dealer with a direct line to Stuttgart.

Anyone heard of a Delhi reg silver Bentley Continental GT doing rounds here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekji05 (Post 2289538)

I posted a picture of a Silver CGT Speed which visited Alleppey a while back, but that car has went back to B'lore.

Very recently bhpian clevermax told me about spotting a Silver Bentley at Aakulam, Trivandrum. I passed it for either of the Beedi-Group's BFS (even though both are white). Now your post makes me think :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivekji05 (Post 2289538)

Yes. I have spotted this few months back. There's another Bentley doing rounds in Cochin. Spotted it two weeks back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2283586)
Thanks a lot Vivekbhai :) I thought the OE rims must be simply painted black, but this seems to be an optional one. Now to see if someone does pick this up or finds home in some other states as the Panamera did. As Jezza said, I still find it difficult to distinguish between the front and rear or this car :D

A welcome change in the increasing number of Z4s in the state.

Live Spotting:

Spotted the same car with Temp Reg plates ripping through Kadavanthara. No idea whether showroom guys took it out for a spin. Only 1 person was inside.
The car looked awesome in flesh with those black rims. Hope to see more of it.

Spotted this Jaguar XJL @ Kottayam tonight. Excuse for the quality of pic. Shot at night with my mobile cam.

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-20110327_002.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-20110327_003.jpg.

Here are some photoraphs of the Gallardo spyder in calicut.

this S600 is non other than our fellow member kanish mirchia's car,it was on sale in our clssified section,
nice to know its come to the south,now it will be good to know who is the lucky owner :) & what is in his mind for this car
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2287805)
Big Daddy in Town!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyride (Post 2295525)
Here are some photoraphs of the Gallardo spyder in calicut.

Finally!!! Good to see it on our roads. Sweet pics there buddy!!

Wooow!! a lamborghini in Kerala!
@joyride- nice pics dude, your car?