Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 19:06   #5671
BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post
That is something I never knew. Whats the point in spending this much of money on a roadster if he hates the brand?

Regarding the car being pampered. hmmm I'll just say, the owner took the right decision

Guys, what say on this shade? This one got offloaded from the truck today.
Black seems to be a nice colour for Z4 ,where is it headed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybiker46 View Post
Just came across this post while scrolling back old posts. Two of my friends in Tvm had booked GLs and one got of them got delivery, it is white (this happens to be the second white GL of Trivandrum but the first one is still on Temp regn.). Not sure of the status of the second car
I got really confused reading this,AFAIK there is one trivandrum registered Merc GL with 444 as number

Quote:
Originally Posted by carheadbanger View Post
RR which showed up on inauguration day of TVM airport. Sent by my cousin who resides nearby to the airport.
Wow! thats a great sight,this must be the one that belongs to the trissur based NRI's . Wonder why he hasn't got it registered yet as the number allocated had been already lapsed

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th February 2011 at 11:23. Reason: Edited an unwarranged font tag
Old 12th February 2011, 21:45   #5672
BHPian

Quote:
Black seems to be a nice colour for Z4 ,where is it headed?]

No where as of now. Waiting for someone with Vitamin M

[Wow! thats a great sight,this must be the one that belongs to the trissur based NRI's . Wonder why he hasn't got it registered yet as the number allocated had been already lapsed
I beleive that the Thrissur based RR Ghost was of a different colour . So this might be a new addition to the state. Guys from Tvm, any idea??
Old 12th February 2011, 23:04   #5673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I believe it belongs to a businessman in Wayanad. AFAIK, he owns the white Cayenne (PY reg). Not sure about the Carrera though.
Sorry, for the crappy pic from mobile.
Nope, he is from Calicut and is a planter. He must be having some plantations that side, or may be visiting hanmust's resort in Wayanad who happens to be a good friend of this person. He does have the white Cayenne and even the Carrera Cabrio.

Quote:
RR which showed up on inauguration day of TVM airport. Sent by my cousin who resides nearby to the airport.
Whoa, nice catch. You beat Tvm bhpians at spotting the car.

Quote:
I got really confused reading this,AFAIK there is one trivandrum registered Merc GL with 444 as number
Yes, that is my friend's car. He upgraded from a white Endeavor with the same number. There is another white GL which is a very common sight even in the wee hours of night. I stopped clicking that car. It is still on temp. registration.

Quote:
Wow! thats a great sight,this must be the one that belongs to the trissur based NRI's . Wonder why he hasn't got it registered yet as the number allocated had been already lapsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBlue View Post
I beleive that the Thrissur based RR Ghost was of a different colour . So this might be a new addition to the state. Guys from Tvm, any idea??
AFAIK, the Thrissur NRI's Ghost was gifted to his youngest daughter on her marriage and is in Pune right now. That's what I heard. It is the same color, black with silver bonnet.

This Ghost is a new addition to Kerala and is located at Kollam
Old 13th February 2011, 00:25   #5674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Nope, he is from Calicut and is a planter. He must be having some plantations that side, or may be visiting hanmust's resort in Wayanad who happens to be a good friend of this person. He does have the white Cayenne and even the Carrera Cabrio.
Now I get it. Yes, the guy does own the Carrera too. I came to know he(or family?) even owns a ship . His father, is basically from Wayanad, and they are currently settled in Calicut.

He is a planter and a businessman. They have good businesses even in FMCG. The Jag was spotted in front of their textile shop, one of the oldest, in Bathery.
Old 13th February 2011, 00:56   #5675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Black Z4 is a relief to see after a few white ones now. Why do majority of BMW, Audi and Merc customers opt for white?
I guess the reason could be that by the time a person can actually afford to buy one of these cars, one must have already entered the second half (or almost entering) of lifetime. At this stage, probably one tends to enjoy the lighter shades more.
Old 13th February 2011, 01:19   #5676
BHPian

Quote:
Whoa, nice catch. You beat Tvm bhpians at spotting the car.

Yes, that is my friend's car. He upgraded from a white Endeavor with the same number. There is another white GL which is a very common sight even in the wee hours of night. I stopped clicking that car. It is still on temp. registration.

AFAIK, the Thrissur NRI's Ghost was gifted to his youngest daughter on her marriage and is in Pune right now. That's what I heard. It is the same color, black with silver bonnet.

This Ghost is a new addition to Kerala and is located at Kollam
Glad to hear there is a new RR Ghost in state,hope to spot it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
I guess the reason could be that by the time a person can actually afford to buy one of these cars, one must have already entered the second half (or almost entering) of lifetime. At this stage, probably one tends to enjoy the lighter shades more.

That is not a reason,there are a lot of young entrepreneurs buying these high end cars

Point i feel to be noted is the price itself.Even if you are ready to spend some money on a BMW or Merc still you look for cheapest available and that's white,A best example an Ice sliver Audi A4 cost 1 lakh more than an ibis white one
Old 13th February 2011, 14:02   #5677
BHPian

Quote:
That is the second Ghost as @scorcher rightly said. The car is at the owners resort in Calicut. Just had a look. I'm sorry, no pics. Also, an orange gallardo spyder will be on its way to calicut this week. Expect to see some bits from a prominent tuning house on the car.
Old 13th February 2011, 14:05   #5678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
Also, an orange gallardo spyder will be on its way to calicut this week. Expect to see some bits from a prominent tuning house on the car.
Orange Gallardo Spyder?? Whoa! Is it the Bangy one? Is it here to stay? Pete's doing up a Gallardo? This must be Epic!

Is this the one?
Note - Media covered car, hence not covering the plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-060120072451.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 13th February 2011 at 14:10.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2011, 14:43   #5679
BHPian

Quote:
Orange Gallardo Spyder?? Whoa! Is it the Bangy one? Is it here to stay? Pete's doing up a Gallardo? This must be Epic!

Is this the one?
Wasn't this the one seen in Chennai during the Super Car show and also other cities ?
Old 13th February 2011, 17:26   #5680
BHPian

Quote:

Is this the one?
The car will be here to stay. I'm not sure I can reveal more now. Definitely not Petes.

Last edited by Tuner : 13th February 2011 at 17:28.
Old 13th February 2011, 17:34   #5681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Wasn't this the one seen in Chennai during the Super Car show and also other cities ?
Yes it is the same. Bangalore car. I dont think it was there in any other shows.

Quote:
The car will be here to stay. I'm not sure I can reveal more now. Definitely not Petes.
I hope it is the same car as Scorcher mentioned. That means its gonna go outta Bangalore and Bangy is gonna get a better car soon.
Old 13th February 2011, 21:52   #5682
BHPian

Quote:
That is the second Ghost as @scorcher rightly said. The car is at the owners resort in Calicut. Just had a look. I'm sorry, no pics. Also, an orange gallardo spyder will be on its way to calicut this week. Expect to see some bits from a prominent tuning house on the car.
The rolls is from calicut Does the lambo belongs to the same guy?

Last edited by carheadbanger : 13th February 2011 at 22:01.
Old 13th February 2011, 23:03   #5683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn! I thought it is getting prepped by a local tuner Great news anyways, Thanks for sharing. Do keep us updated.

Quote:
The rolls is from calicut Does the lambo belongs to the same guy?
Nope, it belongs in Kollam. Must be visiting Calicut

Last edited by Scorcher : 13th February 2011 at 23:06.
Old 14th February 2011, 20:55   #5684
BHPian

Saw this Willys Jeep Wagon '63 model in my college.

This one belonged to the American consulate and was bought by its current owner about 20 years back. It was brought down to tvm for an auto show.

Hats off to the owner who has maintained it in immaculate condition

(pics taken from my mobile cam with permission of the owner)
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-9.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-8.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-willys-station-wagon-7.jpg  

rupin_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 23:22   #5685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn! I thought it is getting prepped by a local tuner Great news anyways, Thanks for sharing. Do keep us updated.
Racetech should be the one, m guessing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks