Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 18:37   #3871
Senior - BHPian

Scrocher you mean the other way round Gov't employess who have become businessmen as is the trend in India this past decade some of whom have become plutocrats officially/unofficially
Old 16th February 2010, 18:47   #3872
Senior - BHPian

Is it legal to sport "Govt of Kerala", it is a private vehicle for sure
Old 16th February 2010, 19:00   #3873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Scrocher you mean the other way round Gov't employess who have become businessmen as is the trend in India this past decade some of whom have become plutocrats officially/unofficially
OT - Nope, exactly the other way round. For example, a business person from kerala is handling a respected position in UAE and is and is the head of NRI Welfare Assn. in UAE. He is handling a postion related to that in Kerala Govt. Hence, his cars carry the Kerala Govt. license plates. That is in case of Emkey, But this guy(grey 750Li) seems to be a polititian(not sure).
Old 16th February 2010, 19:07   #3874
Senior - BHPian

From what I understand pirvate cars not permitted to carry gov't plates! Lot of people are doing informally/unofficially no matter which state.

I think politics is the most lucarative and best business to be in to get rich quick all the real entrepreneurs are wasting their time on the next big startup just get into politics sure enough you will get rich and also learn how to manage all types of wealth for free = Free advanced accountig degree anyway don't want to spoil my evening cheers

Last edited by canonball : 16th February 2010 at 19:10.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:33   #3875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Bah ! Thanks for the info buddy. But there is a slight correction from my side, the first 7 to reach the dealership was not even emkey's but alukkas's(but sold last, it was kept as display car). I was there the day it came and the ex-GM(our friend) made arrangements for me to make an exclusive viewing inside the Service area. I have posted the pics earlier, he told that the Emkey 750Li will take another 4-5 days to arrive.
Again a small correctio; infact it was their demo car which they sold later to Mr.Alukkas. Hence it couldn't be counted as customer's car at first. Ok, I think its better to PM if we want to take this matter to a discussion.

Quote:
Quote:
OT - Nope, exactly the other way round. For example, a business person from kerala is handling a respected position in UAE and is and is the head of NRI Welfare Assn. in UAE. He is handling a postion related to that in Kerala Govt. Hence, his cars carry the Kerala Govt. license plates. That is in case of Emkey, But this guy(grey 750Li) seems to be a polititian(not sure).

Quote:
From what I understand pirvate cars not permitted to carry gov't plates! Lot of people are doing informally/unofficially no matter which state.

I think politics is the most lucarative and best business to be in to get rich quick all the real entrepreneurs are wasting their time on the next big startup just get into politics sure enough you will get rich and also learn how to manage all types of wealth for free = Free advanced accountig degree anyway don't want to spoil my evening cheers
It's not like that. Govt. appoint certain reputed personality in certain posts; like some renouned actros as members of some juries, cense board, etc. So these businessmen who are NRI are being appointed as the chairperson or director of bodies which are for welfare of NRIs. In case of Mr.Emkey is that he was the Chairman of Wakaf board which is related to Muslim charity body which is handled by Govt of India.

It's more of a position & recoginition rather than money making.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:38   #3876
Senior - BHPian

Just got this photo of RR Sport in Thrissur. Sent it by my friend from Muscat, the car is owned by a mutual friend & NRI businessman!
Attached Images

Old 16th February 2010, 21:09   #3877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Just got this photo of RR Sport in Thrissur. Sent it by my friend from Muscat, the car is owned by a mutual friend & NRI businessman!
This is the 2010 RR Sport and very close in regn to the tvm RR Sport(444). So is it by anyways his BIL's car ? It is in Bournville color.

@Hani - Thanks for the correction dude, nope. Nothing else. I think it is well sorted now !
Old 16th February 2010, 21:33   #3878
BHPian

Quote:
This is the car I was talking about a few posts ago.
Old 16th February 2010, 22:18   #3879
BHPian

Quote:

Mostly OT: In Tamilnadu there are scores of cars that have a red "G" in their number plate that is said to identify it as a Govt. vehicle. Most of these Red "G" plates belong to private cars owned by babus and their kith and kin. I guess its more of a status symbol here!
Old 17th February 2010, 01:57   #3880
BHPian

Quote:
This is the 2010 RR Sport and very close in regn to the tvm RR Sport(444). So is it by anyways his BIL's car ? It is in Bournville color.

@Hani - Thanks for the correction dude, nope. Nothing else. I think it is well sorted now !
Thats a TEMP registration.Isnt it?. And I dont think it is the Medical college group car.Cant understand the color though!
Old 17th February 2010, 09:01   #3881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Thats a TEMP registration.Isnt it?. And I dont think it is the Medical college group car.Cant understand the color though!
Ya, its Temp regn! It's black in colour! Belongs to a NRI Group who had some well establish businesses earlier!
Old 17th February 2010, 09:30   #3882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
Quote:
Ya, its Temp regn! It's black in colour! Belongs to a NRI Group who had some well establish businesses earlier!
Yea, i too meant Temp regn only. He told me that he is going to get there signature number in the latest Tvm series. What i said was just the similarity in Temp numbers. Hence i thought as it was pretty close, it must be their cars.

For now i know its not, thanks Hani !
Old 17th February 2010, 18:08   #3883
Senior - BHPian

Few more photos of the RR Sport from Thrissur I posted earlier. Nice to see these stuff on off-road.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr7.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr6.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Kerala-rr5.jpg  

Old 17th February 2010, 18:36   #3884
BHPian

That Range should cost 80L or thereabouts plus OTR, and they took it to such terrain probably even before it was run- in? Hats off to the owners. Most people in Kerala wouldn't even think of traversing a poor road with such a vehicle!
Old 17th February 2010, 19:37   #3885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
That Range should cost 80L or thereabouts plus OTR, and they took it to such terrain probably even before it was run- in? Hats off to the owners. Most people in Kerala wouldn't even think of traversing a poor road with such a vehicle!
+1 to that. that is the true spirit of a proper SUV owner. And boy, look at those shocks ! Love it ! Can't wait for the trip in my friends rangie. Damn the official trips that came in my way !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks