Team-BHP - Supercars & Imports : Kerala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercars & Imports : Kerala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/20142-supercars-imports-kerala-159.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1413373)
Thanks. I bought it seeing its orginality & stock condition. Infact I was about to go for a W124 for my Dad. But when my friend & brocker brought this 190D & told me to use it for a day. Since I was looking for my Dad, I took him for a drive & when he drove it he liked it so much mainly because of its size & auto-transmision. He find it very convinient for his city drive & being the car so well kept I had the deal.

It's fully orginal except the a/c vent which my friend has guaranteed me to get the orginal one.

I really admire your guts to go for these rare mercs. Cos unavailability of spares for imports gives me sleepless nights. i really cant imagine how you are able to maintain these three mercs. How do you source the parts if you need any?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1413597)
Ya buddy my W210 was diesel E250 D. It very comfortable as it had soft suspension. I bought it from Mumbai & drove down to Calicut within 21 hours (1200km) considering the poor road from Kharwar to Magalore (around 300km) & I felt very fresh & relaxed. But it was a bit sluggish on torque as it used the same diesel mill from W124 E250 D. I've also taken it somany times to Bangalore. I sold it when I started a new housing project of my own & since we don't depend on bank or bank loans I had to sell it. Do you use a W210?

Ofcource my 190D is 2 liter, for 2.5 there will a labling on the right side of the boot lid as '2.5'. She is quite good in accelaration for the engine of that size. Compared to a friend's E 200D (W124) of same engine, 190D feel much better in the pick-up.

Yes Hanny I had w210 cdi check out my gallery. I am looking at E250D auto, drove a few and she seems adequate for Mumbai traffic :) She is faster than my current innova how long did you have the e250d? How was the highway overtaking accerlation? I think once she pics up she can keep pace as the ratios and pump setting in this 250 d is different than w124. In fact I timed it the 0 to 100 km she does it in 14 to 15 seconds that is 2 to 3 seconds faster than w124!

I am now thinking of getting the w210 250d let me know if come by any in auto

V8 Land Cruiser! This is one of my relatives car, at Tirur now. Very powerful V8 engine and fetches a FE of 6 kmpl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_shanz (Post 1416205)
V8 Land Cruiser! This is one of my relatives car, at Tirur now. Very powerful V8 engine and fetches a FE of 6 kmpl.

I assume its a 4.5L v8 diesel. Its an awesome engine. Great torque and power. The sheer size of the car gives it loads of road presence!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1413292)
Here is the photos of my new addition. 1993 Mercedes 190D (W201-series). It has done just above 98,000km, was imported in 1999 by a NRI from Cochin.

Is that the Merc Gelandewagen in the background? what is it the 79 make?

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_shanz (Post 1416205)

This LC was in Guruvayur few months back and I had posted pics of the same.

Spotted this unreg. X6 yesterday at VP Hall, Manjeri.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rihan01234 (Post 1413986)
I really admire your guts to go for these rare mercs. Cos unavailability of spares for imports gives me sleepless nights. i really cant imagine how you are able to maintain these three mercs. How do you source the parts if you need any?

Thanks, in case of Merc avaialability of spares is not at all a difficult thing. Merc is one of the very few manufacture who asure the avaialability of spares of any of their models. Only thing is it'll take time for some special or rare models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1414681)
Yes Hanny I had w210 cdi check out my gallery. I am looking at E250D auto, drove a few and she seems adequate for Mumbai traffic :) She is faster than my current innova how long did you have the e250d? How was the highway overtaking accerlation? I think once she pics up she can keep pace as the ratios and pump setting in this 250 d is different than w124. In fact I timed it the 0 to 100 km she does it in 14 to 15 seconds that is 2 to 3 seconds faster than w124!

I am now thinking of getting the w210 250d let me know if come by any in auto

I've used my E250 over a year. I bought the car from Taj Hotels which was one of their guest vehicle & was well maintained. Ya your are right its much torque & powerful than W124.

Are you really interested in W210 E250D?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?ushk@r (Post 1416264)
Is that the Merc Gelandewagen in the background? what is it the 79 make?

Ya its a G-wagen & it's 90 300GD 3-door! I've already posted the pic of the same earlier here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...g-wagen-5.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandkruizer (Post 1416688)
Spotted this unreg. X6 yesterday at VP Hall, Manjeri.

The same X6 was in Calicut yesterday, but couldn't snap as I spotted it when there was power failure & there was no lights in the background.

Yes hannny I am looking for a W210 E250d in auto

Guys can we stick to TOPIC please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1416898)
Yes hannny I am looking for a W210 E250d in auto

Ok let me see if any good car come across!

Fellow BHPians from Cochin; beware, you may come across a beige colour Merc R500 in Cochin. One of my very best friend spotted it & called me, but when I enquired about in root, its not a R-class, but its a Innova modded with orginal lights & other fittings. So please don't get fooled. Anyway try to snap so that we can have a look on how well he has modded it. I was said that he has also modded a swift into a Mini Cooper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1417279)
Fellow BHPians from Cochin; beware, you may come across a beige colour Merc R500 in Cochin. One of my very best friend spotted it & called me, but when I enquired about in root, its not a R-class, but its a Innova modded with orginal lights & other fittings. So please don't get fooled. Anyway try to snap so that we can have a look on how well he has modded it. I was said that he has also modded a swift into a Mini Cooper.

Saw this car/van 2 days ago at Kaloor junc. I think the pics are already posted in this forum.

Personally speaking, not worth comparing the mod job with a real Merc. Just my opinon.

- Jose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by josejoseph (Post 1417317)
Saw this car/van 2 days ago at Kaloor junc. I think the pics are already posted in this forum.

Personally speaking, not worth comparing the mod job with a real Merc. Just my opinon.

- Jose.

Yes thats right and i share the same opinion. But i would love to see the pictures of the swift modded to look like mini cooper nevertheless.

Guys, came to know that a white bmw 650i has been delivered to a builder in cochin. Any news of it yet? any snaps?

R500 owner is the manager of one of the department of CC group.Yesterday i saw and met him.. you would not beleive it. he was driving a captiva modified into audi q5!!!!!. can you believe it?.. could not get the snaps as i didnot have the phone.The so called q5 is white color.. have to admit it, its so beautifully done!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by alF (Post 1417480)
R500 owner is the manager of one of the department of CC group.Yesterday i saw and met him.. you would not beleive it. he was driving a captiva modified into audi q5!!!!!. can you believe it?.. could not get the snaps as i didnot have the phone.The so called q5 is white color.. have to admit it, its so beautifully done!!

OT. All said and done, yet why do they want to destroy already well designed vehicles into replicas of other manufacturers. After a point of time after all the glam of the modified Captiva loses its sheen, it will land up here in the weird and wacky thread.:Frustrati