Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2016, 21:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here

Ferrari has unveiled the facelifted FF and has given the car a new name. Presenting for your viewing pleasure, ladies and gentlemen, the Ferrari GTC4Lusso!
I think the car looks so much better than before. I liked the FF too, but this one looks specially lovely!
And its not just the styling that has received an update...
"Its naturally aspirated 6.3-litre V12 is evidence: it produces 680bhp, up nearly 30bhp on the FF, and while much of its 514lb ft of torque is available below 2,000rpm, you'll need to be nudging 6,000 revs to unearth the whole lot. Good.
Do so and you'll find a 208mph top speed, via a 3.4 second 0-62mph time. While the former is unchanged on an FF, the latter is nearly half a second down."
Source: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/geneva-motor-show/bye-bye-ff-hello-ferrari-gtc4lusso
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947273.967385.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947284.202937.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947297.271062.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947311.919578.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947326.354654.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947336.355691.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947358.157577.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947367.940927.jpg
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454947377.875897.jpg

Excerpts from Ferrari:
Innovation, versatility, performance, sportiness and elegance have all been given an entirely new meaning thanks to the way they merge seamlessly in the GTC4Lusso. Powerful yet sophisticated, sporty yet luxurious, Ferrari's new 12-cylinder really does make every journey a radically different experience. Whether being driven solo or with all four seats occupied, the latest addition to the Ferrari range puts people at the centre of a whole new world.

The GTC4Lusso was designed to deliver different and entirely surprising emotions. It couples four-wheel drive with a four-wheel steering system to deliver formidably sporty performance even in very low grip conditions. In short, this is a sublimely refined, stylish car that will get its occupants to even extreme destinations in superb comfort, relishing lengthy journeys, challenging twisty routes and long straights alike.

The arrival of the new Ferrari GTC4Lusso has changed the sporty four-seater four-wheel drive Grand Tourer concept forever. Its name recalls some of the most elegant Ferraris ever built, not least Enzo Ferrari's beloved 330 GT 2+2 and the 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso. The 4, of course, references the cabin's four comfortable seats.

This is a car designed for clients wanting to experience the exhilaration of Ferrari driving anywhere, anytime, anyhow: short spins and long journeys, snowy mountain roads and city streets, alone or in the company of three lucky passengers. Clients that demand power but refuse to compromise on in-car comfort, sporty elegance and impeccable detailing.

Its 12-cylinder engine delivers smooth, consistent power. And punches out 690 cv at 8,000 rpm at full throttle. Both its 2.6 kg/cv power-to-weight ratio and its 13.5:1 compression ratio set new records for the category. Maximum torque is 697 Nm at 5,750 rpm with 80% already available at just 1,750 rpm for superb responsiveness even at low revs. The soundtrack brilliantly reflects the car's multifaceted personality: rich and powerful in sporty driving situations, an all-encompassing harmonious purr in the city.

The Ferrari GTC4Lusso is an exceptionally versatile car on every kind of surface thanks to the Ferrari-patented 4RM Evo integrated with version 4.0 of the Slip Side Control system, another Prancing Horse trademark. Both systems are also linked to the rear-wheel steering for the first time. All allow the driver to handle the GTC4Lusso's extraordinary torque even on snow-covered, wet or low-grip roads. The result is consistent stability and a feeling of increased control and security that translates into superior performance.

The Ferrari Design-penned GTC4Lusso is a further refinement of the shooting brake coupé to which it has given a new twist to produce a streamlined, tapered shape with an almost fastback-like silhouette.

Its sporty soul is underscored by the forms and styling of the rear where the curve of the roof has been lowered whilst retaining enough volume to guarantee all four occupants exceptional space and comfort. Ferrari's signature twin rear lights adorn the tail.

The cabin is a flawless triumph of sporty luxury: innovation and attention to detail are the keys, notably in the innovative Dual Cockpit design which features a completely redesigned, more compact steering wheel, and the brand-new navigation and entertainment system with 10.25" HD screen with capacitive touch technology.

Source: http://gtc4lusso.ferrari.com/en/introduction/

Last edited by shyn : 8th February 2016 at 21:41.
shyn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 22:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just to show how much the styling has really changed, I put the FF and the GTC4Lusso in the same frame.

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950071.707193.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950083.487926.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950094.574347.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950107.021879.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950115.976231.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1454950427.083415.jpg

This is the best I could do my phone so please excuse the quality.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2016 at 21:39. Reason: B2B posts merged.
shyn is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 21:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here

The Lusso is actually an old Ferrari model. A Classic, if you will.
If I remember right, Steve McQueen had a 250 Lusso - absolutely delicious car.

I think the use of the name Lusso is part of the whole "retro - revival" kick that most car manufacturers seem to be on...
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 23:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Lusso is actually an old Ferrari model. A Classic, if you will.

If I remember right, Steve McQueen had a 250 Lusso - absolutely delicious car.

I think the use of the name Lusso is part of the whole "retro - revival" kick that most car manufacturers seem to be on...

And Lusso is Italian for 'Luxury'. So makes even more sense using it on this model. Though some people think Ferrari shouldn't have revived the name of an elegant classic with a not-so-elegant un-Ferrari like Ferrari.
Old 13th February 2016, 03:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
And Lusso is Italian for 'Luxury'. So makes even more sense using it on this model. Though some people think Ferrari shouldn't have revived the name of an elegant classic with a not-so-elegant un-Ferrari like Ferrari.
Yes. Lusso = Luxury.

And I kind of agree with the above point. The original Lusso was "Bellissima" and this new one frankly looks like a bit of an ugly duckling compared to that original...
Old 17th February 2016, 21:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Now this is how cars should be presened!
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 21:51   #7
Team-BHP Support

That ugly Porsche - you know which one - just found a sibling from another mother!

If the Italians can't marry practicality with panache, who can? Porsche, I forgive you!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 00:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That ugly Porsche - you know which one - just found a sibling from another mother!

If the Italians can't marry practicality with panache, who can? Porsche, I forgive you!

And Mother Hunchback must be smiling from the heavens looking at her progeny grow from Notre-Dame to Stuttgart to Maranello!
Though I have to confess, I am a closet fan of the Panamera. Rarely do I come out and admit to liking it out of fear of being judged and cast out of the petrol-head society as if I were a leper!
The Aston Martin Rapide does look extremely beautiful and proportionate, though I don't like the new big gaping grille so much. And it is more panache than practical. And it doesn't even come close to these hunchbacks in terms of performance. No other 'proper four-seater supercar' does, for that matter. So maybe we can excuse the Porsche and Ferrari for not being as elegant.
Old 19th February 2016, 13:11   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
......No other 'proper four-seater supercar' does, for that matter. So maybe we can excuse the Porsche and Ferrari for not being as elegant......
The lynch mob may gather outside, but I think this would've looked so much better if it had a proper 'tail'. A proper coupe, or is that too much of a blasphemy vis a vis Ferrari?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th February 2016 at 13:13.
Old 4th July 2016, 08:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Matt Prior of Autocar UK with the 'new' FF. Yes, it looks a bit quirky. But its cool, captivating and mighty talented.

deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Ferrari GTC4Lusso to launch in India next year

Recent reports claim that Ferrari is planning to launch the GTC4Lusso in India later next year. This new Ferrari will be a replacement for the Ferrari FF. The GTC4Lusso is expected to be priced at around Rs. 5 crore in India.

The Ferrari GTC4Lusso is a 2+2 seater sportscar from the Italian marquee. Aesthetically, the new Ferrari is an evolution of the FF's design language. It gets a new set of headlights, a new grille, quad-circular taillights, an integrated roof spoiler, and quad exhausts.

It is powered by a 6.2-litre V12 front mounted engine, which is the same unit that was found in its predecessor, the FF. However, the power plant has been tweaked to develop more power, which is now rated at 680 BHP and 697 Nm of torque. These output figures are potent enough to make sure that the car completes the 0-100 kmph sprint in just 3.4 seconds. The top speed of the GTC4Lusso is limited to 335 kmph.

Source: CarDekho

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-ferrari_gtc4lusso_fr_3_4_lr.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-ferrarigtc4lusso03.jpg

Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-ferrari_gtc4lusso_side_r_high_lr.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 22nd July 2016 at 16:13.
dZired is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 18:15   #12
BHPian

Thou I am a fan of Shooting Brake designs, I don't see this selling in the usual numbers. Especially in India. People would rather go for a Ferrari that looks like the standard 'WOW' Ferrari for the same amount of money.
Old 22nd July 2016, 22:34   #13
BHPian

Launching? I already saw it mentioned in the price list send by Ferrari Mumbai (Navnit Motors Pvt Ltd) when I inquired for the California T.
Ferrari GTC4 Lusso: The facelifted FF is here-screen-shot-20160722-10.33.32-pm.png
Old 27th July 2016, 08:55   #14
Senior - BHPian

A wonderful video of the GTC4 Lusso. Please excuse the camera work, for the review is very insightful.

Old 5th June 2017, 18:14   #15
BHPian

Motortrend finally send Jason to Europe to drive the Lusso.

Video of the review below.

I am yet to digest the looks of this car. But the interiors are just mind blowing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks