Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 18:18   #1
Team-BHP Support

Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent

Several units of the next-generation Audi TT have been imported into India, indicating that the launch of the car might be nearing.

Based on Volkswagen's MQB platform, the new TT is about 50 kg lighter than the outgoing model. It is powered by a 2.0-litre TFSI petrol engine that puts out 227 bhp and 370 Nm of torque. The car has a 6-speed S-Tronic gearbox and all-wheel drive. Audi claims that the TT can achieve a top speed of 250 kph.

The Audi TT has a broader and flatter hexagonal singleframe grille compared to the older car. It gets Xenon headlights as standard with Audi providing LED units or Matrix LED headlights as options. The car rides on 18-inch alloy wheels with 19 and 20-inchers available as options.

On the inside, the TT gets a multifunction steering wheel, climate control, MMI Navigation Plus and a 680W Bang & Olufsen audio system.

The Audi TT will be imported and sold in India as a CBU. Hence, it is expected to attract maximum import duty and can be expected to sport a high price tag.

Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-audi-1.jpg

Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-audi-2.jpg

Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-tt3.jpg

Source: Zauba

Last edited by Aditya : 11th March 2015 at 18:00. Reason: Typo
Aditya is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 21:52   #2
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent

Its astounding to see how much the Audi TT has evolved. From the first generation which seemed rather feminine, to this one which is muscular and aggressive.

Audi has done an excellent job in the design department. However, a CKD assembly in India would have been so much more desirable.

Unfortunately, an affordable sportswear has never seen the light of day in India.
I am sure, if not huge, companies will see decent success. They should at least give it a try.

The M3, M5, E63, C63 etc etc.. all cost upwards of 1 crore. Its disappointing to see companies not even try to bring fast, and affordable sports-cars to India. Are they not realising that our infrastructure is improving and it is very much possible to sell a decent number considering the changing mindset of the Indian buyer.

Still, Kudos to Audi for at least bringing all the latest models to India such as the A3 cabriolet.
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 17:07   #3
Team-BHP Support

The next-gen Audi TT will be launched in India on April 23, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 7th April 2015, 17:29   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO this is the best looking TT yet

Being a 2L (227hp), i see this will be given the 45 TFSI badge.
Old 8th April 2015, 05:10   #5
BHPian

Little thing to add, me and my team has been testing the next gen TT-s for last few months. With out going into too many details and not giving out info that can cost me my job.
TT-s with around 280 bhp can beat RS5 and RS7 through any turn on any track. chasis has been refined to extant that it has a feel of lotus, more than previous gen TT.

Only thing i can say, i have hated so far in the car is that the CD player and SD card slots are in the glove compartment and it does take a little reach to get to it.
mclarenracer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 11:05   #6
VSD
BHPian

Went to pick up my Q5 at audi delhi south workshop and saw this there. It was late evening and could only manage these shots, slightly blurry.

Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429766966.390675.jpg

I think it looks rather good in person, specially the backside is now much better looking than the previous gen.
Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429767053.447139.jpg

I'll be attending the launch today in delhi and will be able to check how the car is from the inside. I could hardly see through the dusty windows.
VSD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 13:44   #7
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

New Audi TT coupé launched

The new-gen Audi TT has been launched at 60.34 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. The new TT makes 227 bhp and wears the 45 TFSI badge as per the nomenclature given to the newer Audi's. The more powerful TT S is yet to make its way to our shores though.

Here's the quoted text from Autocar India's website:

Quote:
The Audi TT coupé has been launched in India at Rs 60.34 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). This is the third generation of Audi’s revolutionary sportscar, which was first launched back in 1998.

The new TT is based on a modified version of Volkswagen’s MQB platform — it uses a lot of aluminium, which has helped in shaving off 50kg from the outgoing model, despite riding on a 37mm longer wheelbase. Cocooned in this chassis is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that makes 227bhp and 37.7kgm of torque — this means the TT wears the 45 TFSI badge. The engine is mated to a six-speed dual-clutch DSG gearbox which sends power to all four wheels via Audi's Quattro AWD system.

In the overseas markets, Audi also has on sale a more powerful TT S version. But this 306bhp car is not being offered in India, at least for now.

On the design front, the new TT retains that pronounced coupé silhouette, but now has much sharper lines. A lot of elements have been borrowed from the Audi Prologue concept. Prominent elements on the face include the giant grille, larger air intakes and tight, angular LED headlamps. The rear has the tweaked bumper, LED tail-lights with dynamic turn indicators and dual exhausts.

In the cabin, the instrument cluster houses a 12.3-inch screen that also doubles up as an infotainment and navigation display. Inputs can be made either through steering-mounted buttons, the MMI controller, or both. Another noteworthy feature is the turbine-like aircon vents that have climate control rotary knobs integrated in them. Other equipment includes adjustable suspension, 19-inch alloy wheels and full leather upholstery.

This new generation Audi TT has undoubtedly become more expensive, but the price tag brings with it a unique blend of sportscar-like styling and performance with everyday usability.
Source: Autocar
Attached Thumbnails
Next-generation Audi TT arrives in India; launch imminent-0_468_700_http172.17.115.18082extraimages20150423010736_audimain.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2015, 18:24   #8
Team-BHP Support

The Audi TT has been launched in India. Please continue the discussion in the new thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks