Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 11:56   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Porsche 911 GT3 in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
The GT3 wave in India in the last month or so took the tally of 911.2 GT3's in the country to 9! Red, Silver, Black, Yellow all look gorgeous but the Miami Blue is the ultimate color in my opinion to have the GT3 in
+1
As close friend bought a nardo grey GT3 in Delhi from Porsche Gurgaon last month to replace his red RS7 (which now belong to a BHPian)

The Miami Blue GT3 owner in Mumbai also bought a Turbo S just few months back. I don't see why someone would want both in their garage at the same time.
Unless the Turbo S is now for sale perhaps?

Last edited by Sahil : 23rd April 2018 at 12:02.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 12:04   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
+1
As close friend bought a nardo grey GT3 in Delhi from Porsche Gurgaon last month to replace his red RS7 (which now belong to a BHPian)

The Miami Blue GT3 owner in Mumbai also bought at Turbo S just few months back. I don't see why someone would want both in their garage at the same time.
I don't think the Turbo S is up for sale. Barely any time between the two cars getting delivered, so I guess they must have been ordered almost together. Weird but nonetheless, two gorgeous cars to drool over!
The Delhi GT3 is Graphite Blue Metallic isn't it? Looked a few shades darker than the regular Nardo Grey does in the pictures I saw.
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:39   #78
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1

The Miami Blue GT3 owner in Mumbai also bought a Turbo S just few months back. I don't see why someone would want both in their garage at the same time.
Surprisingly, a good part of the new GT3s have a 911 in some form as a stablemate. The Jet Black cars from Calicut and Bangalore have a 997 C2S and 997 turbo respectively for garagemates, both in very similar specs as the GT3.
The Coimbatore car has a 996 Carrera and I think the Delhi Graphite Blue one has a turbo S in the garage already. Not sure if it is sold now though.

Maybe that's what a 911 does to you. Never is one enough

Quote:
The Delhi GT3 is Graphite Blue Metallic isn't it? Looked a few shades darker than the regular Nardo Grey does in the pictures I saw.
Graphite Blue is what I've been told by the Porsche officials. Attaching an image below of the same.

Also, a Racing Yellow GT3 got delivered yesterday in Bangalore. This one is a PDK and is going to Mangalore. Takes the Mark II GT3 count up to 9 with Porsche Bangalore delivering 44.4444% of these
More to come.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-29714839_637618536570401_708553639723008_n.jpg  

Porsche 911 GT3 in India-30592318_175239046524721_465353530358628352_n.jpg  

A.K is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:59   #79
Team-BHP Support

What's happening to the Indian supercar scene! From 0 GT3s to 9 GT3s in 3 months, and counting!!! And we're not counting the existing 991.1 GT3s that grace the roads of Bangalore and Chennai, and a few other cities (I'm not entirely certain)

The GT3 seems to be creating waves amongst enthusiasts! Oh, and all them colours too! Graphite Blue, Guards Red, Racing Yellow, Jet Black, Miami Blue, Silver.. spectacular stuff!

I hope to see more and more special Porsches on the street, now that the Indian enthusiast has developed an appetite for the niche stuff from the range.
Old 23rd April 2018, 18:34   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I hope to see more and more special Porsches on the street, now that the Indian enthusiast has developed an appetite for the niche stuff from the range.
You won't be disappointed, there are some very very interesting cars coming to Bangalore in a couple of months. 2018 is dedicated to Porsche
mohammedismail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 18:41   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
You won't be disappointed, there are some very very interesting cars coming to Bangalore in a couple of months. 2018 is dedicated to Porsche
I know there's at least one GT2RS coming to Kumara Park West. What else? Any RSes?
Old 23rd April 2018, 19:34   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What's happening to the Indian supercar scene! From 0 GT3s to 9 GT3s in 3 months, and counting!!! And we're not counting the existing 991.1 GT3s that grace the roads of Bangalore and Chennai, and a few other cities (I'm not entirely certain)
Absolutely! While we missed out on the 996/997 GT3/RS' with not even one example landing here, the 991 series is more than filling that void. 3 991.1s and 9 .2's is a healthy number IMO. Add to it the solitary White GT3RS (not counting the Orange one from Delhi as barely any pictorial proof of that exists yet).
Exciting times lie ahead with the new GT3RS' and 2RS' supposedly heading to our shores in the coming month.
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 20:59   #83
Senior - BHPian

The sudden gush of GT3s into the country is because Porsche had amped up the production this month because from the start of May, they're shutting down the production line for some retooling to comply with the new norms. So they're stamping out as as many as they can now.

Quote:
I think Porsche is trying to build the brand loyalty by offering these special edition and GT series cars to existing sportscar clientele only. Maybe that's why we see that trend. I believe your said friend also owned a 991.1 Turbo S before that he had painted Nardo Grey.

Quote:
It is. Nardo would mean PTS. We all know us Indians are not that privileged

I wish someone gets one in Chalk/Crayon also. I'm really digging that shade!

Quote:

The GT3 seems to be creating waves amongst enthusiasts! Oh, and all them colours too! Graphite Blue, Guards Red, Racing Yellow, Jet Black, Miami Blue, Silver.. spectacular stuff!

It's just started. I know of people who's got delivery slots of GT3s as late as Jan '19 and they're still kind of accepting orders with a 15-month waiting period. Don't think that would be sensible though since the 3RS customer cars also would be dropping by then.

Quote:
(not counting the Orange one from Delhi as barely any pictorial proof of that exists yet).
You can definitely count that in as well. Car is very much here to stay. Just happens to be a private import.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 14:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The sudden gush of GT3s into the country is because Porsche had amped up the production this month because from the start of May, they're shutting down the production line for some retooling to comply with the new norms. So they're stamping out as as many as they can now.

Correct! It is a new particular filter for Euro 6 emissions which will have to fitted to all their cars by September '18. Most 991.2 GT3 RS and GT2 RS are delayed because of this.

I wish someone gets one in Chalk/Crayon also. I'm really digging that shade!

I love that shade too! Also Fashion Grey. Also Night Blue. Also Oslo Blue. Also Olive Green. Alright I'll stop.
Turbo S and GT3 are widely different cars. It is like having a cheaper version of a Veyron and a P1 LM garage. Also as noted, GT cars are in high demand. And as almost every GT and special variant is offered to the Porsche VIP program customers first, and allocations are difficult to come by. Always helps if you make some high value purchase already. To get a GT2 RS, R, Turbo S Exclusive series, PTS color etc though is another ball-game. I have heard that 991.2 GT3 RS is also going to very limited since the factory wants to end all 991 production by this year end/early next year.

Also it is good to see that India is getting some track/special variants at last! (Let us not forget the Performante!) Hope to see more Pistas, 812 Special Edition, 720 LT, Vantage GT3, AMG GT Black, Aventador Jota...when they come out.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 15:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Here is the white GT3 from Bangalore seen in Chennai recently , for a track day and yes the 991.1 GT3 is in the background !
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-1image.jpeg  

Last edited by manishasrani : 24th April 2018 at 15:55.
manishasrani is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 18:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

From what I hear, Hyderabad will be getting its first .2 GT3 very soon! Will be going to a Tollywood actor's garage and share floor space with his newly acquired 488GTB!

Quote:
(not counting the Orange one from Delhi as barely any pictorial proof of that exists yet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post

You can definitely count that in as well. Car is very much here to stay. Just happens to be a private import.

Attaching a picture of the Lava Orange 3RS from Delhi. Hope this counts as proof enough!
Source: https://instagram.com/p/BhJihrUA9Ml/
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1524574273.974435.jpg
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 18:54   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Attaching a picture of the Lava Orange 3RS from Delhi. Hope this counts as proof enough!
Source: https://instagram.com/p/BhJihrUA9Ml/
Attachment 1755335
Yep, aware of this picture and the car being here. There was a lot of ambiguity whether this was staying or just visiting, much like the F12tdf. Hence my earlier comment.
Old 18th June 2018, 17:54   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

GT3 v/s 458 Speciale

Drove a friends GT3 and 458 Speciale back to back this weekend. What-a-thrilllll !!

The first thing that came to my mind was not how good the cars are but how much better Delhi roads are compared to Bombay! For someone to buy not one but two track cars in an India city is definitely an overkill but the capital is the only place I can think of where it yet is remotely justified.

What common between both the cars:Both NA. Track focused. RWD.
Whats not common: 6cyl v/s 8cyl. Little over 100 more horses and torque figures.

The GT3 is just so so damn revv happy that if I have to crudely put it, its like a boy that just hit puberty- 0 to 9000rpm really quick if you know what I mean
The car just begsss you to push it to the red line more than any other car I have ever driven. It's almost like the needle just does not want to be in any zone besides the red zone.
PDK gearbox is insanely quick. DSG is no where as quick as this. There is not even the slightest hint of lag, its literally lightening quick.

The Speciale on the other hand is more mature a drive. The extra power and 2 extra cylinders do make themselves felt right from the word go. It is so tail happy that even a good driver needs to learn to throttle it just right. You mess with it and it will bite you back hard.

If I had to point out the major difference- TORQUE.
The 100 odd NM of torque make a huge difference. To be honest when I started driving the GT3 I was a bit underwhelmed. It infact felt even less powerful than my RS5 in mild traffic bursts. But when I got an open stretch, the car burst into an explosive surge of power post 5000rpm right till 9000rpm!! Below 5000rpm there ain't no party.

The Speciale on the other hand whips you hard right from 1000rpm. Tap the throttle lightly in traffic and you can feel your neck straining already.

Leaving you guys with an envious POV pic below
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-whatsapp-image-20180617-3.00.45-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th June 2018 at 15:13. Reason: Small typo
Sahil is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 18:54   #89
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Re: GT3 v/s 458 Speciale

Quote:

Leaving you guys with an envious POV pic below
I see some interesting stripes on the GT3, reminded me of the Lambo Murcielago SV China Edition! Any more images?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th June 2018 at 22:50. Reason: Trimming quoted post
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 17:27   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: GT3 v/s 458 Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Any more images?
Here you go. This is the only picture I had, sorry about the car-blockers.
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche 911 GT3 in India-whatsapp-image-20180617-5.13.52-pm.jpeg  

Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks