Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2014, 09:12   #61

Re: My '84 Mercedes W123 200d completely restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
We have an ageing '79 240D at home, and it is almost scrap now. Mainly due to the non availability of parts. Can you please let me know the place you got the mechanicals done? Please help me in anyway you can to put my dad's car back on the road again. Attaching a pic for reference. Weird color, I know. ( sorry, could not get a better one, this one was during the photoshoot for our wedding.)
Hi, Join the MBIO group in facebook. There are whole lot of enthusiastic people to guide you
avinashimpex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2014, 20:08   #62
BHPian

123 looks very clean and neat. It would have been good if the restoration was pictured like many others who have done. Also being KL registered, it is not going to be easy to drive in Bangalore without paying road tax to blr rto. That road tax calculated only on original invoice or bill of entry, is going to be much more than the cars worth. Painful but then that's life if we bring car from other state..
Old 30th May 2014, 21:09   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj2010 View Post
Great job! The car looks amazing for its age. This is when MBZ's were built like bank vaults. Its sad that quality took a dive in the early 90's starting with the S-Class.

Love the older versions of the Merc. This one is a keeper.
Remember drooling at them when I was a young school going student and when the car meant pure class.

The newer ones (from the time they decided for the headlights to go oval) don't catch my fancy much.

They went the way of the Cadillac ensuring affordability by chasing sales numbers and compromising on quality. My wife (then GF) used to work for a Mercedes dealer when they first came to India and after the initial training at Pune, was telling me something about their 10 point quality checks were pruned to 3 point checks for the sake of price reduction and general affordability. Never asked her about it in detail (this was about 18 years ago) but that along with the crappy attitude at my local dealer has put me off of ever buying the Mercedes-Benz.

Last edited by vulcanize : 30th May 2014 at 21:12. Reason: Quote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks