Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 15:21   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
It was up for sale within a month of his getting it. The car was quoted at 75 lakhs and the conversion job done on the car was not right. Company fitment is company fitment. He is no enthusiast my friend. Its like a status symbol for them, i have a better toy than you sort of thing. The only two actors according to me who know their cars is Sanju Bhaiya and Jackie Shroff.
On the contrary ,
Ajay Devgan, BigB, Rajesh Khanna, SRK, KJo, Gul Panag, ... the list is quite handsome, all these people are well-read and understand their machines tad more than plainly a status symbol (even that requires a great bit of maping ). Most of the places i have read 'bout Saif, is that he's a car enthusiast (not sure much though, will go by what you say kinds )
Old 17th August 2009, 16:18   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Interesting, which cars does Jackie own or have owned?
I am sure jackie once owned a pontiac firebird. it was white in colour with a blue design on it,
Old 17th August 2009, 16:55   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
On the contrary ,
Ajay Devgan, BigB, Rajesh Khanna, SRK, KJo, Gul Panag, ... the list is quite handsome, all these people are well-read and understand their machines tad more than plainly a status symbol (even that requires a great bit of maping ). Most of the places i have read 'bout Saif, is that he's a car enthusiast (not sure much though, will go by what you say kinds )
How could i forget Gul Panag and Mr. Shammi Kapoor. She does know her cars too. Ajay Devgan cause he owned the Quattro, reason for him to sell the car was the car in a few months, is too loud and the ride stiff. Why would you buy a car if you know about it and load it with options you dont need. You dont expect a ferrari to drive like a S class do you? Big B buys cars of stature and the current flavour, not nessicary to know the details of what your getting. He knows the models, eg sl55 AMG is top notch compared to the sl500. My cousin has given them some of their cars and hence i know. Rajesh khanna knew his old cars, not the new ones. SRK and KJO have the money and get what looks good. It does not take rocket science to get a 650ci,S class, X5. You ask them whats under the hood or after market stuff and you will get a blank look. Saif wants to know what engine it has to satisfy his ego. V8 400 plus horses, 0-100 times etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
I am sure jackie once owned a pontiac firebird. it was white in colour with a blue design on it,
He still does. The car was silver with the Hawk in blue on the bonnet. The hawk is now off.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:11   #604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rihan01234 View Post
Yup. Jackie knows his cars very well.

I heard some years ago, he used to have a stable of over 15 cars including a Lotus Espirit and due to hard pressed for work ( and, money), he slowly but steadily disposed of most of his cars.
Old 17th August 2009, 23:55   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SRK and KJO have the money and get what looks good. It does not take rocket science to get a 650ci,S class, X5. You ask them whats under the hood or after market stuff and you will get a blank look.
I second to speedy's this opinion, because, I've seen an SRK's interview were he is saying "for me cars are just means of transport. I want a car to travel comfortably from point A to point B". Its exactly what he said in his talk!
Old 18th August 2009, 10:56   #606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yup. Jackie knows his cars very well.

I heard some years ago, he used to have a stable of over 15 cars including a Lotus Espirit and due to hard pressed for work ( and, money), he slowly but steadily disposed of most of his cars.
He did have and still has some great cars. The firebird, Esprit, mini cooper, cadillac, bmw 7 series, nissan petrol, willys jeep, Eclass, citron, jaguar SS100 and a 540k mercedes . I might have missed a few but maybe someone can correct me on this. It was more of his wife over spending and causeing him to pay for it, the reason for him declareing bankcrupcy.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:39   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Ajay Devgan cause he owned the Quattro, reason for him to sell the car was the car in a few months, is too loud and the ride stiff. Why would you buy a car if you know about it and load it with options you dont need. You dont expect a ferrari to drive like a S class do you? .
This guy has featured multiple times in TG, He has money but he could've easily bought something "similar" to what others in B'wood have, but he chose a Maser, perhaps a taste indicating decision.

Quote:
Big B buys cars of stature and the current flavour, not nessicary to know the details of what your getting. He knows the models, eg sl55 AMG is top notch compared to the sl500. My cousin has given them some of their cars and hence i know.
This guy still has the liking for an LM002, how many in celebs know about this machine? His Lx is still the hot fav coz it gives him a delight quite similar to some machine more personal to people like us, and lets not forget that he has got money to buy anything he desires.

Quote:
Rajesh khanna knew his old cars, not the new ones.
Yep he does, and thats his differentiator, someone who has a taste in vintage and classics definitely knows the lineage better than else. I hope Predatorwheelz and Karlos will agree to this . he has got beautifully maintained classics parked in his garage.

Quote:
SRK and KJO have the money and get what looks good. It does not take rocket science to get a 650ci,S class, X5. You ask them whats under the hood or after market stuff and you will get a blank look.
SRK buys primarily Bimmers (though he has a RR phantom in Delhi) I would rather re-word him as a Bimmer enthusiast. KJo is more into luxe and matches his taste in terms of dressing himself and his machine (one of the best B-town S class)

Quote:
Saif wants to know what engine it has to satisfy his ego. V8 400 plus horses, 0-100 times etc.
What else do anyone would want to know while making a purchasing decision? Thats called buying something which suits me, rather than an indulgence for the sake of it.

My whole point is, these people just dont buy anything in the shelf just like that, moreover, the companies selling these machines also do a mapping as to the kinda customer asking for it. I am pretty sure, given the money, companies wont sell the exotics to anyone just like that.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th August 2009 at 13:14. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed,
Old 18th August 2009, 18:31   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

SRK buys primarily Bimmers (though he has a RR phantom in Delhi) I would rather re-word him as a Bimmer enthusiast. KJo is more into luxe and matches his taste in terms of dressing himself and his machine (one of the best B-town S class)
Is SRK having a Phantom or Silver Spirit in Delhi? I've once seen him in a blue Silver Spirit on a TV show about SRK!

Isn't KJo's S is just the Indian Varient S350?
Old 18th August 2009, 18:40   #609
BHPian

No K Jo's is the CBU S 350, White colour with Panaromic roof.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:28   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Hey does anyone know what does new comer Niel Nitin Mukesh ride?
IIRC Bbay times carried an article about him buying himself a Q7 and a Segway.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:30   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is SRK having a Phantom or Silver Spirit in Delhi? I've once seen him in a blue Silver Spirit on a TV show about SRK!
You sure it was not a blue Bentley Azure ?
He came to my college to host a business quiz ,the car belongs to the dean of my college.
Attached Thumbnails
Bollywood Stars and their Cars-srk-iipm.jpg  

Bollywood Stars and their Cars-6214_109043667534_659752534_2208146_7728886_n.jpg  

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 18th August 2009 at 19:33.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:32   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This guy has featured multiple times in TG, He has money but he could've easily bought something "similar" to what others in B'wood have, but he chose a Maser, perhaps a taste indicating decision.

This guy still has the liking for an LM002, how many in celebs know about this machine? His Lx is still the hot fav coz it gives him a delight quite similar to some machine more personal to people like us, and lets not forget that he has got money to buy anything he desires.

Yep he does, and thats his differentiator, someone who has a taste in vintage and classics definitely knows the lineage better than else. I hope Predatorwheelz and Karlos will agree to this . he has got beautifully maintained classics parked in his garage.

What else do anyone would want to know while making a purchasing decision? Thats called buying something which suits me, rather than an indulgence for the sake of it.

My whole point is, these people just dont buy anything in the shelf just like that, moreover, the companies selling these machines also do a mapping as to the kinda customer asking for it. I am pretty sure, given the money, companies wont sell the exotics to anyone just like that.
Like i said before if you know your cars you know what to expect from them too. He bought it for the looks and status but then realised it was not what he had in mind. so in a less then four months car for sale.

Mr Bachan does love the LM002 and its not from now but from the 90's when he saw the car dureing a shoot. He had and has the money but why did he not buy it? He uses the LX cause of the height and ride comfort he gets on our roads. In the night or early morning you shall see him in the Cayman or the LP or even the S. I use my ML most of the time but not necissary that i need to know details of the car. I could love and desire to own a certain brand or model but not necissary for me to know the details. I have spoken to both SR and JR about cars so i know their limitations.

Where are the classics??? i have never seen them at his house (seen the entire house when it was for sale includeing the garages) or in his friends, SIL houses. Like i said a person who knows vintage and classic does not necissarily know the moderns. There is no rule of this sort. A very prominent collector of india does not know the moderns atall in detail. Thats what i meant for Mr.Khanna.

Ask him whats under the hood of the Phantom and you shall get your answer. R you sure he owns a Phantom in Delhi, re check please ? My cousin has 6 BMW's does that make him a BMW enthusiast. My cousin does not know what the details of the cars are. He likes the shape and the comfort it offers and he buys. KJO and lux taste in his cars..he owns a S350 panoramic roof my friend. These are the most common cars today. Lux taste would mean he drives in something exclusive like a Bentley or a Rolls or even the Maybach. My three friends own one too, none of them know whats under the hood. So just because i drive a flashy and expensive car does not mean i am an enthusiast. Its something i buy and then upgrade when it gets old, a mode to take you from point A to point B.

Yes i agree suit me but he did not order the car. He bought it from a dealer who had imported the car. The only thing asked was is there another and What is the engine capacity. The car was up for sale in 1 month. If i buy a car i know what i am getting and dont expect otherwise from a certain car. I know this as i saw him take delivery of it and in less than a month or a month i get a call from the dealer asking if i still want the car.

That again you are wrong my friend. Companies do not do any client mapping in India. I got the money i am the king, thats the attitude followed by companies. I dont think you read the papers closely.The Lamborghini Marcilaggo was sold to the son of a Matka King by the Lamborghini dealership in Delhi. Now what mapping was done for this sale? You and me can walk in to a showroom in shorts with money in our hand and walk out with which ever car you desire. It is a myth that you live in that companies check the clients background before they sell him a car. Its a dog eats dog world out there and if one does not satisfy the client he has options. One sale loss is commision of the saleman gone.

Last edited by speedy : 19th August 2009 at 11:42.
Old 19th August 2009, 11:59   #613
BHPian

Thats a nice insight speedy, esp the last paragraph and esp about the Matka King thingy, Any weblink where this can be seen, just for my curiosity !!. I would definitely be interested in looking at the article related to the Lambo being sold to son of AG (If any) coz it'll improve upon my perceptions for these companies.
Nothing personal speedy, Thanks once again. Nice to have this interaction.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:41   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a nice insight speedy, esp the last paragraph and esp about the Matka King thingy, Any weblink where this can be seen, just for my curiosity !!. I would definitely be interested in looking at the article related to the Lambo being sold to son of AG (If any) coz it'll improve upon my perceptions for these companies.
Nothing personal speedy, Thanks once again. Nice to have this interaction.
Nothing taken personaly my friend . I used to be in the same world as most of the people till i interacted with the so called celebs work wise and casual meetings and realised it was just money and the want to be different. It was a discussion with our own point of views. There was a thread on our forum itself of the Lambo, shall find it and post a link. I know of this as the owner of the Dealership and a relative of mine told me so.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...nt-bombay.html

Last edited by speedy : 19th August 2009 at 12:55.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:42   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
You sure it was not a blue Bentley Azure ?
He came to my college to host a business quiz ,the car belongs to the dean of my college.

I didn't ment the Azure, but Silver Spirit itself. I was an hour long program on SRK like his, about one of his US tour & back stage funs, etc. But worst thing was he was smoking inside the RR, I felt so bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks