Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2009, 13:20   #571
BHPian

Saif bought a White sports RR in the month of May, He also owns a 7 series, LC, Lexus 470, a Mustang and Merc. In fact, he was also showed visiting Aalim's saloon on the opening day, in the same white RR (surprisingly chaeffeur driven this time).

He was a frequent at Talwalkar's, used to come in his LC.
Old 31st July 2009, 22:45   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Thank you kind sir. You will be glad to know that he is currently working on eradicating that "Belly"

Maybe if they had clarified, that the "Couch" was a classic Mercedes seat, the position might have been somewhat different

That was because maybe he thought "X Men" was spelt as "Ex-Men"
These Ex-men are the "probing" types
I suppose you know the difference Dikra!!

Getting back to the topic, Guru Dutt had a white XK-120 (it can be seen in Pyasa)
Madan Mohan the music director had a Studebaker Champion coupe.
Feroz Khan was the Flamboyant types who loved having Jeeps and Mercedes Benz of all kinds. I remember him having a W116-450SEL, Numerous W114s and W115s, a couple of Pagoda top SLs, not to mention the odd W123 and W124 and W126s.
Zeenat Aman owned the first W116 280 SEL in a biege colour. Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor owned W115s till they gave up driving. Shashi Kapoor drove his own car in most of his movies. Fakira, Anari etc. It was always repainted white. Shammi Kapoor had a black 115/4 MMU *** i dont quite remember the numbers but it was a three digit plate and he always drove it himself. Another actor who always drove himself, much as he does today a lot lesser though is Vinod Khanna, the owner of a W114 220 automatic MMB something. He also owned the first GMC Jimmy I ever saw. Till recently he could be seen in his W123 coupe 300CD, driving himself.
Mithun owned a couple of W115s (a silver and a black) and a Golden W123 240D.
How can one forget a real car guy Premnath. His fleet included a 1963 Ford Galaxie convertible, a 1947 Buick eight, a Holden Monaro GTS amongst others. The Galaxie is now owned by a friend and his Monaro was just bought by a so called collector months back from another guy. This car was junk and to my eyes finished and not worth restoring fro the price he was re selling it at.
i know Dev Anand was also an American car buff and know only of two of his cars. A Station wagon 1969 Ford Cortina and a 1967 Chevy Malibu. I believe he had owned a couple of Heckflosses prior to that.
Nutan owned a LHD 1960 Impala with the spare tyre on the boot which was an option. I have see n her drive herself once at Breach Candy Hospital bearing number BMF something. She also had two Mustangs. A 1968 Off White V-8 and a 1966 six in Silver Grey and a Black stretch W123 . The V-8 was lying at her Colaba house all rusted and disintegrated (but not for sale, mind you) along with the stretch W123. These were mint condition cars which I had seen, when I had seen them.
I remember Rishi Kapoor's photo being flashed all over the Star Dust after Bobby, when his father gifted him a Red Chevy Vega GT with white racing stripes on his 18th birthday. How lucky he was, I thought to myself.
Jeetendra had his lucky Maroon 1962 Chevy Impala for years. Dont know about it now.
Then there is Saif who like a child in a candy store wants to get a Macho car to go with his Macho Image...(What Macho Image??) He gets a Mustang-GT 500 Shelby, manual with a stage two Kevlar clutch (im sure he didnt know what that meant. If it sounded exotic, he must have wanted it) and as per my prediction, the car is now for sale, having run just 200 kms after his purchase a few months ago
Hey Buddy thats a driver's car.
I wonder if he could even see the Bonnet and road from the driver's seat...!!
Will add some more as my memory refreshes itself.
Respected Sir , Shashikapoor had his Merc for a long time Regd no. 6061 something he used to get his CAR AC repaired at shivaji park. Nutan at one time in 1984 also had a DOLPHIN Mohnish used to get it repaired from authorised w/shop at khar
Old 1st August 2009, 01:18   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Respected Sir , Shashikapoor had his Merc for a long time Regd no. 6061 something he used to get his CAR AC repaired at shivaji park. Nutan at one time in 1984 also had a DOLPHIN Mohnish used to get it repaired from authorised w/shop at khar
You are right Veerji, Shashi's car was always White it was an MRF regd. I am not aware about the Dolphin which Mohnish owned.

Was the A/c Place at Shivaji Park/Prabhadevi, "Indus" Owned by Kailash Aggrawal. Gosh, at that time there were only a handful of people who did this job. Indus at Prabhadevi, Keeta and Co at Worli, PAE at Tardeo, Rao of Four Seasons, but he came in a bit later with A Bothello. Thats it i think!!

Then a lot of others joined the band wagon and the rest is history.
Old 1st August 2009, 15:22   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
You may be right, I also never said "HIS" Toyota LC. I dont think it would be appropriate to claim him as a "low key" guy and that he "never had" anything above 10lacs... A guy with over 400 films in various languages, cannot be a "low key" one.

I am sure Prem Chopra can own a Bugati Veryon and I am not trying correct you I am sharing facts as some may jump to conclusion that he owns an LC and start quoting the same on subsequent posts. Thanks for the GK lesson
Old 3rd August 2009, 10:35   #575
BHPian

Cool sir, lets just end the off-roading here.
Read recently, MF Hussain owns a Ferrari and a Veyron. All these machines are kept in his residnce cum exhibition home in Dubai.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:10   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Read recently, MF Hussain owns a Ferrari and a Veyron. All these machines are kept in his residnce cum exhibition home in Dubai.
Yes right . I read about the veyron long time back . He got the number 2020 i think for his Veyron which he considers a lucky number for him .
Old 4th August 2009, 17:54   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC.CUSTOMS View Post
Yes right . I read about the veyron long time back . He got the number 2020 i think for his Veyron which he considers a lucky number for him .
Guess so... The guy has a perfect "eye" ....(2020 is the representation for having a perfect eye)

He has "MFH" initials all over the upholstery.

Mods: These last few threads have gone into MFH and his veyron, kindly move them into the appropriate one. I saw a thread specifically on this. Thanks.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:27   #578
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't seem that Q7 fever is down yet, latest being Ajay Devgan gifting one to his wife Kajol...
Article Window
Old 4th August 2009, 21:42   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
You are right Veerji, Shashi's car was always White it was an MRF regd. I am not aware about the Dolphin which Mohnish owned.

Was the A/c Place at Shivaji Park/Prabhadevi, "Indus" Owned by Kailash Aggrawal. Gosh, at that time there were only a handful of people who did this job. Indus at Prabhadevi, Keeta and Co at Worli, PAE at Tardeo, Rao of Four Seasons, but he came in a bit later with A Bothello. Thats it i think!!

Then a lot of others joined the band wagon and the rest is history.
Respected Sir, It was not Indus but a small time highly experienced middleaged person and he was located exactly opposit to shivajipark ground and in the scouts pavillion lane probably 4th building from the building where shooting of film saaraansh took place
Old 4th August 2009, 21:46   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
Doesn't seem that Q7 fever is down yet, latest being Ajay Devgan gifting one to his wife Kajol...
Article Window
That's because the next hottest SUV has not arrived yet. New LC has not been able to re-ignite the flame like the old one did and has already died off.

BTW, are the Q7s being ordered with the new V8 diesel ???
Old 6th August 2009, 14:40   #581
BHPian

Saif AK

Which is the open-top he's driving in the latest flick Love Aaj Kal? Also shown in one of the dance sequences, is him dancing on top of a 1974 Premier President. It came for a blink and the car shown was all rusted.
Old 6th August 2009, 15:21   #582
Senior - BHPian

@altohoncho

don't tell me buddy that you couldn't recognise the mighty mustang!!!
Old 6th August 2009, 15:22   #583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Which is the open-top he's driving in the latest flick Love Aaj Kal? Also shown in one of the dance sequences, is him dancing on top of a 1974 Premier President. It came for a blink and the car shown was all rusted.
The open top car driven around the streets of London is a Ford Mustang. The rusted car on which he is dancing is a Studebaker. I must say the cars shown in the flashback scenes were soothing enough to overcome the torturous movie.
Old 14th August 2009, 22:06   #584
BHPian

Guys I just got to know Aamir Khan sold his grey Q7 ( the same one that was in Ghajini) to a car dealer for under 60 lakhs a month ago. I even saw the car being cleaned and polished at a South Bombay place a few days ago.
Old 15th August 2009, 00:18   #585
BHPian

Quote:
The car is currently being used by his nephew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Guys I just got to know Aamir Khan sold his grey Q7 ( the same one that was in Ghajini) to a car dealer for under 60 lakhs a month ago. I even saw the car being cleaned and polished at a South Bombay place a few days ago.
Hmm wonder what's coming next.

Most Viewed