Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2012, 20:01   #376
BHPian

Re: Top Gear Christmas special shooting in India - Teaser Video on Pg 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
And did you all miss this?

Check out the guy (color of T-shirt and Jeans) before the Auto starts.

Attachment 864548

And after

Attachment 864549
Whatta catch sirji!

Btw, Did anyone notice unusual presence of cops in *uniform* around presenters? Strange!
And the soundtrack in dabbawala mission lifted from 'Senna' movie?

Last edited by akshay380 : 5th January 2012 at 20:16.
Old 5th January 2012, 20:09   #377
Senior - BHPian

Yeah saw that, & how the auto guy is again the Black T-shirt guy when they hand out prizes.

Also see the white T-shirt guys in various scenes who are part of security/event management team.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:43   #378
Senior - BHPian

IMO this was one of the worst TG specials ever. I wish they hadn't taken the train and chosen to drive the entire way instead.
Old 7th January 2012, 21:06   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
The India Special was indeed a drab and makes it very convincing that the presenters and Director have run out of ideas for script.

Its the s(h)ame old bashing each other. Breaking stuff. And going ooh aah and ouch (at times). The show certainly needs a big makeover and definitely on the lines of showcasing CARS as the central theme.

However, as far as the racial slurring bit goes, I think the thoughts differ to each individual.

None of us want to venture on discussing what is wrong with us all. LOTS. And it is just that when some white-skinned person says something that we go Oh!-I-am-very-very-hurt.
What they did on the India Special Show was widely considered offensive by many of the British media itself. We never made a hue and cry on par with them on the issue.

I dont know about you, But I'd be mighty offended if some bloke took off his pants in front of me especially when I'm with my family. Also check or ask some NRI in the U.K whether they liked the India Special. Most of my friends in the UK were pretty pissed after watching the show. They have to go through all the ordeal of locals there, poking racist fun out of them when shows like this or movies like that turn up.

P.S:- You can see Black guys calling other Black guys 'N****R'. It normally does not count as racial or offensive. But ever seen a white guy say the same thing to a black guy and just go on? Please do take a look at the links below and see what the Brits themselves feel about the India Special.

Jeremy Clarkson accused of racism over India jibes on Top Gear Christmas special - mirror.co.uk

Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racist' India toilet jibes after Top Gear Christmas Special | Mail Online

Jeremy Clarkson Accused Of Racism For Remarks During 'Top Gear Special' In India

Jeremy Clarkson Accused Of Racism For Remarks During 'Top Gear Special' In India

Jeremy Clarkson in row over Top Gear India special | Media | guardian.co.uk

Jeremy Clarkson Accused Of Racism For Remarks During ‘Top Gear Special’ In India | Racism Daily

Last edited by jalex77 : 7th January 2012 at 21:35.
Old 7th January 2012, 23:05   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalex77 View Post
I dont know about you, But I'd be mighty offended if some bloke took off his pants in front of me especially when I'm with my family. Also check or ask some NRI in the U.K whether they liked the India Special. Most of my friends in the UK were pretty pissed after watching the show. They have to go through all the ordeal of locals there, poking racist fun out of them when shows like this or movies like that turn up.
I am sure that 'Taking pants off' was totally staged and that bit couldn't have been aired without consent of the individuals. BBC could get sued for this.

This entire episode makes me wonder if doing an India Special was even a good idea to begin with. Nobody (absolutely nobody) expected Top Gear to say anything nice about
- Cars
- Roads
- Civic Sense (especially on road)

PS: They did acknowledge that Dabbawallahs are an efficient lot. Putting even Six Sigma to shame.

What Top Gear did at the end of it all was make a very sad effort at being funny. They CLEARLY FAILED. And this goes to show that Top Gear has to come up with innovative ways to revive itself after this debacle. But, then again they would already be through with half the season. So lets see how the rest of it go.

Most of people who are posting here on T-BHP would have been fans of Top Gear for a long time. This time however they fell right on their face.
Old 8th January 2012, 10:11   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Next season of Top Gear (Season 18) will start on January 29th.
Old 9th January 2012, 01:42   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Next thread on Jeremy Clarkson's latest shock tactics will start on January 30th.

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 02:05   #383
BHPian

Firstly these are not opinions of the UK press but reporting's that Clarkson is being accused of racism.

Secondly, its a TV show. Enjoy it and move on with your life. The pants thing was staged - its all staged!! He makes fun of English politics, the government and everything else on the planet!! It's all tongue in cheek.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:19   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Firstly these are not opinions of the UK press but reporting's that Clarkson is being accused of racism.

Secondly, its a TV show. Enjoy it and move on with your life. The pants thing was staged - its all staged!! He makes fun of English politics, the government and everything else on the planet!! It's all tongue in cheek.
Not by mocking another nation and no I dont buy, let alone enjoy that, I cant see whats so humorous about it, staged or not staged. Moreover he still is an orangutan none the less.
Old 11th January 2012, 21:44   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Not by mocking another nation and no I dont buy, let alone enjoy that, I cant see whats so humorous about it, staged or not staged. Moreover he still is an orangutan none the less.
Here's a Top Gear Top Tip for you-Stop watching the show if you feel it offends you in any way.

I am sure no body at Top Gear or Jeremy gives a damn about these criticisms, and neither do us followers/fans of Top Gear, I suppose. So, you see, there's no point complaining...

There are so many good things they said about the country. Top Gear is world's most widely watched entertainment show. It'll only do our country a favor and not Britain. If only the media/ranters cared about this more than Jeremy's pants-off move!
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 21:51   #386
Senior - BHPian

I think I concur with various views expressed around the internet that once the TG team landed here, their grand plans to do a driving adventure went belly up. Maybe they (crew) did a practice run of the Mumbai - Delhi route and determined it to be too dangerous and risky for the presenters to risk it.
As per me, maybe they even faced issue with insurance co.s refusing to take this big a risk (as per them) had it been a driving adventure.
So whatever they did was cobbled up at the last minute so as to not let the trip go waste.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 22:14   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Here's a Top Gear Top Tip for you-Stop watching the show if you feel it offends you in any way.

I am sure no body at Top Gear or Jeremy gives a damn about these criticisms, and neither do us followers/fans of Top Gear, I suppose. So, you see, there's no point complaining...

There are so many good things they said about the country. Top Gear is world's most widely watched entertainment show. It'll only do our country a favor and not Britain. If only the media/ranters cared about this more than Jeremy's pants-off move!
Oh great advice, Well let me tell you this, Its my life and I choose what to do with it and as long as it does not bother or insult someone else. Likewise, If you're a fan, Great! Do what makes you happy. I dont give a damn as long as you keep your freedom an inch away from my face. And I have my constitutional rights to express what I feel about something. If you have a problem with that ignore my comment and move on. And that's my Top Tip for you !

Last edited by jalex77 : 11th January 2012 at 22:15.
Old 11th January 2012, 23:35   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Oh great advice, Well let me tell you this, Its my life and I choose what to do with it and as long as it does not bother or insult someone else. Likewise, If you're a fan, Great! Do what makes you happy. I dont give a damn as long as you keep your freedom an inch away from my face. And I have my constitutional rights to express what I feel about something. If you have a problem with that ignore my comment and move on. And that's my Top Tip for you !
Erm...I am not compelling you to give-up watching the show. It's just an advice; an advice is not necessarily to be taken. ;-)

And, nobody is snatching away your 'constitutional rights' here. This is a public forum. If your personal views sound irrational to me, I'd surely jump in and have an argument. If you don't like this then you can well go and open an all private blog. For T-bhp is not your personal column that you write something, paste it up here and every body nods in harmony!

You sound quite worked up by my Top Tip, but I will take yours anyway. I am out of the discussion...

Goodbye
Shivank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 20:03   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivank View Post
Erm...I am not compelling you to give-up watching the show. It's just an advice; an advice is not necessarily to be taken. ;-)

And, nobody is snatching away your 'constitutional rights' here. This is a public forum. If your personal views sound irrational to me, I'd surely jump in and have an argument. If you don't like this then you can well go and open an all private blog. For T-bhp is not your personal column that you write something, paste it up here and every body nods in harmony!

You sound quite worked up by my Top Tip, but I will take yours anyway. I am out of the discussion...

Goodbye
Oh really now? You were the one telling me what I should watch on my Tele. And I didn't see your argument part there.

Again I dont need someone to tell me what to do- 'Starting a private blog' and that 'Advice' part again.(And it sounds more like an order than an advice.) Especially from a stranger like yourself who thinks he can define what people should watch on their tele. You want to debate? Try doing that instead of giving free advice!

And I would never even dream for a second, that Tbhp is my personal space, wherein I say 'My Kingdom come' and expect people to say Hallelujah!,(What do you take me for?) On the other hand, Seems you have that impression with that sackful of advice for strangers who you come across. And sorry to, But I can't end this without saying all this.

End of Discussion, No further arguments on this from my side whatsoever. So long stranger. Enjoy your life

Mods:Sorry for taking this OT, But I couldn't help.

Last edited by jalex77 : 12th January 2012 at 20:13.
jalex77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 22:05   #390
BHPian

I dont know whether somebody already shared this Apologise from BBC

Apologise for offensive show, India tells BBC
source: NDTV.com

Last edited by diecast : 12th January 2012 at 22:15.
diecast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks