Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 23:05   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
dear gtabombay, Respect. That's all i have for you. I don't know how i can express the feeling in words. Please be safe in all your endeavors, coz nothing is more valuable than our life.
Recently I came across a Pajero, seeing which I got a feeling that it was re-registered. I thought about you, gtabombay, and checked the vehicle history. It turned out to be one with an earlier TN regn.
gta why don't you show up, the t-bhp community is waiting.
Old 22nd August 2011, 04:50   #392
BHPian

Team, I don't know what to say...@gtabombay has been inactive since a very long time.

Story of Pajero Theft-capture.png

To be precise it has been 3.5 months, I salute his bravery and all that he has put up with to bring us a better society to live in.

I deeply from my heart hope that he all right and will update us with a notice of his well-being. I anyone knew his contact details please check if he is OK.

Quoting his last post;

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
As far as I can make out Nasrat is giving Mumbai a miss for last the 2 months, but he is trying to re-establish his network. His second in command is in city scouting for suitable bases. Meanwhile I hear that Mumbai cops are on his door steps in UP. May be his reign is coming to an end.
Mods: Please close this thread for the time being until we get any sort of solid update...
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:52   #393
Senior - BHPian

i would say not to close this thread because if someone has some info about a stolen pajero or gtabombay wants to post quickly it will be a problem. i am not seeing a tangible reason to shut down this thread.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:52   #394
Team-BHP Support

Another Pajero gone.

B'wood actor's SUV stolen - The Times of India

It's a Bollywood actor's ride - will it also be found "abandoned" somewhere?
Old 8th September 2011, 11:53   #395
BHPian

Another Pajero Stolen:

<quote>
Actor Ehsan Khan's Pajero, which was parked outside a Lokhandwala restaurant, was stolen on Tuesday night. The actor filed an FIR at Oshiwara Police station.
Khan had parked the vehicle near the restaurant around 10 pm and when after some time he came out and found the vehicle. When he stepped out of the restaurant, after finishing dinner,he found the vehicle missing. The actor initially assumed that it was towed by the traffic police and enquired them about it and learnt about the theft.
</quote>

Link to the story.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Bollywood-actors-SUV-stolen/articleshow/9906228.cms

Seems like Pajero's are quite in demand down South.
Old 9th September 2011, 02:47   #396
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
As far as I can make out Nasrat is giving Mumbai a miss for last the 2 months, but he is trying to re-establish his network. His second in command is in city scouting for suitable bases. Meanwhile I hear that Mumbai cops are on his door steps in UP. May be his reign is coming to an end.
GTA, Just read this thread today. Like many others following this thread I wish you well and we all hope to hear from you.
Old 9th September 2011, 07:48   #397
Senior - BHPian

Stumbled upon this thread some twenty minutes back and must say it was "un-put-down-able". I'm sorry for GTABombay, but this thread has all the trappings of a thriller and also a script for a movie. Looks to me the cops must all be ROFL when you go report a stolen Pajero, they know exactly who has done it.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:55   #398
Team-BHP Support

While gtabombay is away on the trail of his stolen Pajero, here's another incident of a Pajero stolen and recovered using state of the art GPS tracker.

Link.

A must have accessory for all Mitsubishi Pajero's in my opinion.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:45   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Think of something that once the car is stolen, he's locked inside the car. Some device that locks him inside the car. Then track him by GPS or something.

Am i thinking straight?

Better you contact the guy who made the TRANSPORTER or better yet, contact 007 himself.

Fun aside, why must you risk so much time and your life for this filth of the society? Just be careful.

I am still awating for the call..!

Jokes apart..
This incident reminds me of a Hollywood Movie where the Hero traces the kidnaper ( of his daughter) based on hearing his voice over a phone just once.
Hope this story also ends with an unforgetable lesson to the carjacker.
Old 10th November 2011, 18:21   #400
Team-BHP Support

This is seriously edge-of-the-seat stuff!

I was under the impression that this thread is one of those "my car has been stolen please help" threads. But it is far, far from it. Not only does this thread give us ideas on how to prevent vehicle theft, it gives us a glimpse of the underworld like no other movie I've watched. And what makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand is that this is actually happening. It's not a script. It's not a show. This is the real deal, and it could happen to anyone of us, anytime, anywhere!

And then you're stuffed into a situation where you don't know what to do. Try following up with the cops, and you'd realize that they're hand-in-glove in this operation. So you try getting information from some other sources, and you'd realize that they're all rats.

And then you spend sleepless nights, pondering your next move, while the thief is probably boosting another car.

I, for one, would be very scared if this happened to me. This guy has huge connections to the underworld. And all it takes is a few phone calls, and you could be heading to the morgue in a body-bag after a brief encounter with the hit-men. And these very guys end up becoming political figures and ruin our country's image and tarnish the State's security.

I feel really sorry for you gtabombay. I know, you've probably heard that too many times now, but I can truly sympathize with you. Sometimes, you'd wake up in the middle of the night, sweating and palpitating because you just had a dream where you had an encounter with the scumbag. Don't you feel like buying a baseball bat, walking up to his house and just walloping him to a pulp? Only if it were that easy. Sigh.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th November 2011 at 18:23.
Old 11th November 2011, 04:38   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I am still awating for the call..!

Jokes apart..
This incident reminds me of a Hollywood Movie where the Hero traces the kidnaper ( of his daughter) based on hearing his voice over a phone just once.
Hope this story also ends with an unforgetable lesson to the carjacker.
Movie is "Taken" It's Liam Neeson, who is a former Spy, who goes behind his daughters kidnappers! I hope they catch the guy here who has been a pain the "neck" for Pajero owners. I know it won't bring back the automobile but it will prevent any other vehicles to be stolen.

-Z
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:08   #402
BHPian

Wow GTA, hats off to your perseverance!
It's so true about the system. Have had some experience myself (not related to car theft though) and well, so far no results!

But can't help seconding earlier opinions about going on with ones life and not taking unnecessary risks. It's not my place to advice or suggest anything on this but the book "What they don't teach you at Yale Law School" or something like that comes to my mind. Essence of the book, It's much better to move ahead in life rather than fight (for fighting sake!).

take care,
musa
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:52   #403
Team-BHP Support

Here's slightly encouraging news :

Cops arrest thief who built an empire from stolen cars - The Times of India
Old 10th December 2011, 14:26   #404
Senior - BHPian

Could this be a link ?
Old 8th January 2012, 20:33   #405
BHPian

The final chapter in this story is unfolding even as I write this. Nasrat was caught during the last days of 2011. He is undergoing the interrogation at the Police Station. He has admitted to the crime.

He has admitted how he has made the duplicate keys while the car was parked in front of Cafe Coffee Day on that fateful night on 5th Jan 2010. From there he followed me to my final destination and lifted the vehicle within ten minutes of my parking there. From there the details get murky and we are stuck without further progress.

I am afraid this is going to be an anti-climax. Police can recover umpteen Pajaros from him, if he breaks. But that seems to be not happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
While gtabombay is away on the trail of his stolen Pajero, here's another incident of a Pajero stolen and recovered using state of the art GPS tracker.

Link.

A must have accessory for all Mitsubishi Pajero's in my opinion.
BTW this was also a Nasrat job

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 8th January 2012 at 21:17.
gtabombay is offline   (23) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks