Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2011, 14:59   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Get this, a 20 lakh rupee Pajero doesn't even have an engine immobiliser, a basic security feature today, that even a 3 lakh rupee Maruti Alto is equipped with!! Gimme a break, Mitsubishi India is well aware of its product's security shortcomings and refuses to do anything about it. Why don't they fit an immobiliser? Why don't they do anything about the locks that are so easy to tamper with (and remove)?
I guess this works to their advantage. There is a good chance that a fan of the Pajero will again buy a Pajero if his/her Pajero is stolen. As it is, they have dismal sales figures. And they have got this method of increasing their sales at a steal. So why bother?

-Biju
Old 14th May 2011, 16:32   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but I disagree with your line of thought. The Pajero is the easiest SUV to steal today. Get this, a 20 lakh rupee Pajero doesn't even have an engine immobiliser, a basic security feature today, that even a 3 lakh rupee Maruti Alto is equipped with!!
I didn't mean that all the SUVs in its segment are equally easy to steal. I meant that if Nano is easy to steal (due to lack of immobiliser or anything else) Tata would know about it, so does Mitsubishi.

@Agarwaka was wondering if it would make sense to bring this matter to Mitsubishi which is when I replied that a manufacturer doesn't need us to tell them what kind of security feature their vehicle lacks, they already know it.

Quote:
Gimme a break, Mitsubishi India is well aware of its product's security shortcomings and refuses to do anything about it.
That's what I said too. Why they aren't doing anything about it or what they could do is different.
Old 29th May 2011, 00:27   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I came to know that Ashutosh Rana's (Bollywood Film Actor) Red color Pajero got stolen yesterday night from Mumbai. Number was MH02BD7075.
Friends,
The Pajero of Ashutosh Rans has been recovered by North Bengal police day before yesterday, just a few hundred meters away from the international border. It was being taken to Bhutan. Here is the details:-
http://www.telegraphindia.com/111052...y_14039617.jsp
I sincerely hope that these gangs will be busted.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Calcutta

Last edited by rahul4640 : 29th May 2011 at 00:31.
Old 29th May 2011, 09:50   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4640 View Post
Friends,
The Pajero of Ashutosh Rans has been recovered by North Bengal police day before yesterday, just a few hundred meters away from the international border. It was being taken to Bhutan. Here is the details:-
The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | North Bengal & Sikkim | Actors’ stolen Pajero seized
I sincerely hope that these gangs will be busted.
Regards,
Rahul Biswas
Calcutta
It is very good news and actor has recovered his prized possession. Most of the cars being driven to Bhutan and they sell it over there. Pajero look like very good in demand in that tiny hilly state due to SUV nature.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:40   #380
BHPian

@GTA: From the above mentioned instances it looks like Nasrat has his accomplices stealing cars for him; Maybe you could shed some light on the same. Eagerly awaiting updates from your side.

PS: Hope you're alright; Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Most of the cars being driven to Bhutan and they sell it over there.
This is shocking! I mean what has the world come to? Selling stolen cars outside India! Sad...

Furebo

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd June 2011 at 16:41. Reason: Sad..
Old 26th June 2011, 21:07   #381
BHPian

So what's happening GTA. Did Mumbai police crack the door of Nusreth open?
How reliable is this information? Give us something to cheer upon.
Old 11th July 2011, 01:57   #382
BHPian

More than a month without updates!

How are you Gta?

Please update us...

Furebo
Old 11th July 2011, 22:20   #383
BHPian

Wow!!

I just came across this thread, looking like a movie playing out!!
Gta, quit the suspense, we need updates!!
Old 12th July 2011, 10:59   #384
BHPian

One more Gang busted in Mumbai. Looks like arrested are the accomplice of Nusrat.

Quote:
Carjackers arrested, SUV recovered

DNA / DNA / Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:33 IST

The Mumbai Crime Branch has busted an inter-state vehicle theft gang after arresting three people. The police sources claimed that the accused used to steal high-end cars and sell them in various states. The police have also recovered a stolen Pajero SUV from them that belongs to an hotelier.

The arrested trio have been identified as Dilshad Ahmed Khan, Ashiq Bashir Khan, Mohammad Yasin Qureshi. According to the police, complainant Mahesh Kumthekar is an hotelier from Sindhudurg. Kumthekar had bought the said SUV 18months ago forRs18lakh.

“Kumthekar had stayed at his relative Ashok Bagwe’s place at SJ Road in Mahim and had parked his SUV outside the residence on May 24. The next day complainant saw that his vehicle was taken away by some unknown persons, after that he chased them in Bagwe’s car, but was unable to locate them,” said a crime branch officer.

Kumthekar then lodged a complaint at the Mahim police station, while crime branch was doing parallel probe into the case. The crime branch received information through an informant about a vehicle theft gang. A trap was set and the thieves were nabbed.

The gang has vehicle theft cases registered against them at Chembur, Pantnagar, Sion and Shivaji Nagar police stations in the city. “They even sell stolen vehicles in other states, mostly Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh,” said a crime branch officer.

URL of the article: Carjackers arrested, SUV recovered - Mumbai - DNA
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 11:17   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
One more Gang busted in Mumbai. Looks like arrested are the accomplice of Nusrat.
Good job by the cops. I hope there is some respite for GTA soon.

Now the cops should also look into the frequent thefts of audio HUs that are so rampant in Bombay
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ce-mumbai.html

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th July 2011 at 11:20.
Old 20th July 2011, 15:32   #386
Senior - BHPian

Article Window

Will this new initiative work ?
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 17:01   #387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
This is a brilliant initiative. I think the whole indifference between various state RTO's have made this car stealing racket a bigger one.

If one has ever tried moving a vehicle from one state to another you will understand what it takes.

Also this multiple license issue is another menace that can be curbed by this initiative.

This was needed a long time back.
Old 20th July 2011, 23:12   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Article Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This is a brilliant initiative. I think the whole indifference between various state RTO's have made this car stealing racket a bigger one.

If one has ever tried moving a vehicle from one state to another you will understand what it takes.

Also this multiple license issue is another menace that can be curbed by this initiative.

A single India wide vehicle registration also is to be introduced. Today the smart card which has replaced the RC book, does not indicate past history at all, even ownership changes within the state.
A single India registration would eliminate the menace as everything including the number, certificate has to be forged for stolen vehicles.

Last edited by rajeev k : 20th July 2011 at 23:14.
Old 21st July 2011, 00:35   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Article Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

While The initiative does look good on paper, I am not sure how easy it would be to implement till the Unique Identification Project by Mr Nilekani is complete.

I mean what stops a person to got to another state & get a license even with this system? All he has to do is make a fresh application with documents from the new state, getting which isn't a big issue.
Old 26th July 2011, 22:03   #390
BHPian

dear gtabombay,

Respect. That's all i have for you. I don't know how i can express the feeling in words. Let me tell you, there's a huge crowd in Cochin rooting for you and waiting for your updates. Me and my friend's feel helpless and feel like mute spectators just staring into a computer monitor and reading your updates and not being able to help feels so bad. I am just really ashamed for our state of affairs in our country. This is not the way to run things around here. I don't know how we can be of any help, but let me assure you, you are going to get to the bottom of this mayhem and get that criminal for good. Be strong during the tough times, coz at the end of all those tough times, there's the nectar of success. Our prayers and wishes are always with you. Please be safe in all your endeavors, coz nothing is more valuable than our life.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks