Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 14:50   #256
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
I am back after some more wasted efforts. Most cops are blatantly using any info on Nasrat, actually to get more money out of him. Everyone wants be on the take!

I am beginning to think target will never be caught by the Police.

Thank you all
Just thinking aloud. Have you thought of using the services of private security/detective agency for tracking this fellow? I'm sure it will cost...but they'll give you better results than the police force.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:03   #257
BHPian

I want to use a Pajero or Scorpio as a bait but two conditions have to be met :

1. I need an alert (SMS) when the lock is pulled. Unfortunately the ' door open ' indicator, which could have been used as a trigger, does not come on when the lock is removed. Any ideas on this one? Anyone?

2. The vehicle needs to be immobilised , so that it cannot be taken away with the duplicate key. To some extent this can be done with available devices.

I want to get a new Pajero, but I am not all comfortable with this guy still roaming around Mumbai. The Petra, meanwhile, is giving me tremendous peace of mind.

I would like to go with a private detective. But have not much of an idea whether they take up such cases or what they might charge.

Last edited by gtabombay : 15th February 2011 at 16:09.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:57   #258
BHPian

Quote:

1. I need an alert (SMS) when the lock is pulled. Unfortunately the ' door open ' indicator, which could have been used as a trigger, does not come on when the lock is removed. Any ideas on this one? Anyone?
Hey dude,

Found these with just some google search and hope this helps you in some way or the other.

CAR THEFT TRACKING DEVICE,India,CAR THEFT TRACKING DEVICEManufacturers,CAR THEFT TRACKING DEVICEExporters, Suppliers,India ,India

Tcop-Connecting Mobile Assets With People » First time in India….Tcop by iTrans Technologies…

Micro Technologies (India) Ltd.

Have enquired some after market one's from a friends car boutique, will let you know if something comes up.

Last edited by informmaha : 15th February 2011 at 16:59.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:38   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Go for the Proximity switch found in the new Nissan Micra [found behind the driver door handle as one opens the door] This switch if suitably connected should trigger a SMS or call your mobile when someone unauthorized opens the vehicle door.
Old 15th February 2011, 21:28   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

2. The vehicle needs to be immobilised , so that it cannot be taken away with the duplicate key. To some extent this can be done with available devices.

I want to get a new Pajero, but I am not all comfortable with this guy still roaming around Mumbai. The Petra, meanwhile, is giving me tremendous peace of mind.

I would like to go with a private detective. But have not much of an idea whether they take up such cases or what they might charge.

MAYBE speaking to the Autocop guys (company) gets you what you want. It is pathetic.....I spoke to my Car Accesory guy post reading your thread & he suggested the basic door open & shut with siren & blinking indicators

they are non-professional to the core - then I called the company.....they said only your area dealer can help or deal with you. What a sham, so I am now going to put the basic Auto cop & Gearlock

Hope you endevour works in your favour & hats off to you dedication !!!!!!!!!

Footnote : Is the Insurance company trying to help you or are they a dormant entity ??

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th February 2011 at 21:29.
Old 15th February 2011, 21:35   #261
Senior - BHPian

Let me wish you all the best!

But, I have this weird feeling that Mr.Nasrat Ali and his gang members are closely observing this thread.

A note to moderators :

May I humbly request you to change the privacy settings of this thread ensuring that this thread can accessed only by the T-BHPians. I hope that there is an option to do the same(?)

I know, Mr.Nasrat would take ages to become a BHPian.
Old 15th February 2011, 22:26   #262
Senior - BHPian

hi i was just going to suggest you to hire private detective and you should go in the background and not even be in touch with the police.

my friends dad had hired one to track someone in pune and he said they charged 15k for 1-2 months i suppose. but that was long back.

you check some in powai or search over google. you will get many. they do a professional job and provide evidences too. but they wont grab him. that you need to ask police or hire someone for the job, i hope i am not suggesting wrong ways.
Old 15th February 2011, 23:25   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to use a Pajero or Scorpio as a bait
Sit on top of a machan with a double barrel and shoot this guy the moment he opens the door, The property protection rules are little better now in india, you will not only kill the buggar but also will save a lot of pajeros from getting stolen.

Got little emotional, BTW what is the status on the insurance? are they convinced the vehicle is non traceable?

Pramod
Old 15th February 2011, 23:40   #264

Hey gtabombay,
Sorry to hear about your car, waiting to hear if you got your car back.

Anyway the best solution to this is to buy a navigation instrument and leave it in your car. It costs about 5k and will be linked to your cell phone. Just leave the instrument hidden somewhere in your car and you will be able to track your vehicale anytime from your phone.
Old 16th February 2011, 00:14   #265
BANNED

Pajeros are not common cars like Scorpios and Safaris. So I thought thieves would never touch Pajeros but how wrong I am!
Old 16th February 2011, 00:30   #266
BHPian

amazed to see such courage, in the eye of the police being involved, i would have left the investigation on private detectives' shoulders, if with any results... to me, the police is only a statutory body, and besides, whenever i have interacted with their clan, i have realised that they have low self esteem and an even lower I.Q. a driver in an embassy drives a luxo car and earns 40K a month, while the constables earn less than half, hence resorting to corruption. please keep updating us, just to assure us that you are safe cheers!
Old 16th February 2011, 08:22   #267
BHPian

Even when you can pin-point the area where this man is staying, he remains invisible. For months he is operating from a certain area, but the locals have never seen him. He stays in thickly populated slums and moves with extreme caution. I sometimes feel he might be in disguise.

Mounting a search operation in such areas without the information getting leaked is very difficult. His khabris are the cops themselves. So how do they convey the information when he changes his numbers and mobiles so often? Easy, just call UP and the message gets delivered.

Recently a vehicle belonging to a top police officer's relative was stolen. The MV unit was informed. They called UP. The vehicle was found within hours -- abandoned in a field along the highway near Nasik.

In some other cases where the vehicle was tracked by the owner using GPS systems, the thief never came back to retrieve it. Even if you get your vehicle back, no one ever gets caught. Immediately after my case was registered in the police station, a certain constable established contact through the UP connection.

Some cops have hinted at a compromise solution along these lines, but I am not interested.

There never was a better time to catch this guy, and there never will be. But the chase is not over yet. He is in full force now. His right and left hand men have returned from UP after the elections.

Last edited by gtabombay : 16th February 2011 at 08:37.
Old 16th February 2011, 10:35   #268
BHPian

gta, Did you escalate the case to the higher ups when you found that the thief's informers are police constables ? what action was taken against them ? What compromise were you offered by the cops ?
Old 16th February 2011, 10:47   #269
Senior - BHPian

^^^
i feel like going on hunt ourselves with a sniper rifle.
park a pajero, keep the driver side door on the target. as soon someone approaches pull the trigger.
then next.
Old 16th February 2011, 11:55   #270

Setting up a bait, needs more people. May be with the help of some volunteers from TBHP and the people who had lost earlier should come forward to join hands. Yesterday its 'gtabombay' and today / tomorrow, it could be one from us.

Moreover, this needs very careful and accurate planning, at least with 3 tiers of people, First tier, few people who closely monitors the bait and the second tier, within the area, should come forward immediately, if tier1 spots this guy. The 3rd tier at the borders or the exits of the area / city, in case, if that guy evades through tier 1 & 2. so, 3 teams and 3 captains and a very high level cooperation should be there between the 3 captains.

Even can plan the day for go-live on weekends, to encourage more participation from the volunteers. guess, this may even take few weekends, but patience pays, rather saves the rest of the others agony and pain in future.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks